Welcome to Gaia! ::

Has any one seen the new trailer for Word World Z yet? The book was fantastic, hopefully the movie lives up to it.

Hilarious Genius

8,900 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
I'm very intrigued by both the book and film. What's it about?
Semjayy
I'm very intrigued by both the book and film. What's it about?

World War Z is a collection of individual accounts in the form of first-person anecdotes. An agent of the United Nations Postwar Commission, who published the report a decade after the ten-year Zombie War. The interviews chart a decade-long war against zombies from the view point of many different people of various nationalities. The personal accounts also describe the changing religious, geo-political, and environmental aftermath of the Zombie War.

Lavish Ladykiller

The movie looks nothing like what made WWZ special, i'll be giving it a pass

xx Gnellie's King

Raider

Some say the world will end in ℱire.
Some say in ιce.

Meh. I'd like to keep my perception of the
book pure, no thanks.

From what I've tasted of ⅅesire.
I hold with those who favor ℱire.
EvilSeraph
hopefully the movie lives up to it.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Judging from the trailer it will probably be a decent action zombie-flick in itself. It looks like they're simply using the world to make their own story.

However, I feel doing it this way takes a lot out of what originally made the book so interesting. I'll most likely still be giving it a watch but I doubt I'll really associate it with it's source.
Well I just saw the trailer and eh.....I dont think im going to watch the movie.
♠ the trailer looks both interesting and kind of weird

the zombies in it seem to have some kind of hive mind or some s**t
srsly, wave zombies?
The only zombies involved with this production are book zombies, and it seems they've eaten everything that made the book great.

It's a shame. Such a wasted opportunity.

Dedicated Entrepreneur

I feel like the just slapped a popular title on what looks like a mediocore movie that shares some resemblance.

Only thing it has in common is zombies. But they're ten years in the past and apparantly super fast hive mind zombies.

I wanted it to be good. It still might be but it's not World War Z

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Looks like they made Standard Zombie Apocalypse Movie #14 and gave it the same title as a book.

Which, let's admit, just extended a bunch of existing ideas.

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
It's going to be very loosely based on the book. I mean, the Zeds in the book don't even move that fast.
Captain Dory
It's going to be very loosely based on the book. I mean, the Zeds in the book don't even move that fast.

So loose that it's pointless to even keep the title.

"Welcome to Hollywood! We love your book, and in fact we love so much that we want to toss out 90% of what made it great for our movie!"

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Captain Talavar
Captain Dory

So loose that it's pointless to even keep the title.

"Welcome to Hollywood! We love your book, and in fact we love so much that we want to toss out 90% of what made it great for our movie!"

Honestly, the trailer was pretty vague.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces