Welcome to Gaia! ::

Diamond Bear

I'm kinda tired of Tim Burton.

O.G. Codger

20,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Battle Hardened 150
Tim Burton's Batman is actually my favourite razz . I am just not a Nolan fan.....

Otherwise, I loved Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow, and Beetlejuice. I couldn't bring myself to see Frankenweenie because I actually owned the old version on VHS way back when. I am not a fan of his remakes like Dark Shadows (remake of tv show, which I loved. He kind of desecrated it. It's good if you only watch to after the ball; then make up your own ending.), Charlie and the Chocolate factory (Willy Wonka forever!), Sweeney Todd (remake of the musical).
sorry i think his remakes along with his oringinals are all good, he's just a good creator in his own fashion..

Magical Shounen

9,600 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I love Tim Burton and I also love fan art style Burtonesque I wanna see Frankenweenie and I love Nightmare Before Christmas its my fave movie EVER I hope he's going to do another all his own idea movie soon and speaking of your post I agree with you that no one acknowledges his original works I saw Cupcake Wars and they had to make cupcakes for a party for Tim Burton's meusum exhibit and the winner was some staircase reminiscent of Alice and Wonderland I'm sorry super bright colors do not convey Tim Burton...
His films are always Halloween themed.
Rebeldoomer
His films are always Halloween themed.

You obviously have not seen a lot of his movies. I don't remember Big Fish being Haloween themed, or PeeWee's Big Adventure, or Planet of the Apes, or Ed Wood, or Sweeney Todd.

User Image

My text is big. Do you know what else is big? Dinosaurs!
Finally saw Frankenweenie this past weekend. I really enjoyed it. Sparky was adorable, and my little dog enjoyed barking at the screen every time she heard him bark. 4laugh I especially liked how the movie touched on science and why it is important for students to look beyond what they have been taught and think beyond societal restrictions. smile

User Image

ijustdontcareXD
Finally saw Frankenweenie this past weekend. I really enjoyed it. Sparky was adorable, and my little dog enjoyed barking at the screen every time she heard him bark. 4laugh I especially liked how the movie touched on science and why it is important for students to look beyond what they have been taught and think beyond societal restrictions. smile

User Image

Your gif of littlefoot is making me feel the cutes. whee
I didn't really like Alice in Wonderland, but I heart Dark Shadows it was cute, hilarious, mysterious, and just great.

Fashionable Flatterer

I'm not a big fan of him, I don't like the contrived weirdness. I'm tired of the Johnny Depp & Helena Bonham Carter combo

My favorite film by him is probably Beetlejuice because I liked it as a kid, Edward Scissorhands was good also
Ahhh... Tim Burton films. Remakes. Horrible. Funny. Ahhhh
i saw ed wood in the theater

Dapper Darling

10,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I prefer his animated movies to his live action stuff any day. The Nightmare Before Christmas is my favourite Burton, hands down.

His Alice and Wonderland was very disturbing to me, and so are a lot of his remakes, and I'll tell you why. The remakes drastically change what I was very near and dear to, and disturbs me. I love Alice, but that movie really freaked me out. It seemed perversed from the Disney movie as well as the original story that I love so much. His original pieces, are fresh, so a little weird makes it great for me.
Smexi Chex Mix
I prefer his animated movies to his live action stuff any day. The Nightmare Before Christmas is my favourite Burton, hands down.

It's not a Burton film. It's a Selick film. Burton was just the producer. Over two years he only visited the set four times. He was busy making Batman Returns during almost the entire production. Selick was there every day, working with the puppets and working with Danny Elfman, working with everybody.

It's Selick's film.

As for Burton's animated movies, which one is your favorite? Meaning one he actually made himself, thus can be counted as a Burton movie.
Captain Tavalar

Dammit! I'm trying to send you a heart and stupid Gaia won't cooperate!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff