Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Lunatic

11,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
I have bee trying to figure out what show I'm thinking of for the longest time.

It was from my childhood, and I thought it was a variation of power rangers, which it could still be but the area I'm remembering it in doesn't correlate with any of the spin-offs around that time.

All I can remember is that it was like power rangers in the sense that teenagers were being tasked with saving the world. And they turned into something PR-esque to do so.

There were three to begin with, and one of them lost his brother in the past because he fell in this huge crack in the earth, and his brother turns evil for a time, I think they save him? But whatever.

I also remember that one of the characters had a green gem on his head outside of ranger thing form.

Other than that I have no clue. Help is much appreciated, I'd like to get this thing out of my head.
You might be thinking of Masked Rider. After the success of the Power Rangers, Saban tried to give the Kamen Rider franchise the same treatment in the mid-90s. They loosely adapted the Kamen Rider Black RX series, for the most part. Just as they did with the Power Rangers, they created an entirely new story and all new characters, as opposed to sticking with the original plot.

If that's not the one you were thinking of, there was also VR Troopers, Big Bad Beetleborgs, and Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad.

Devoted Lunatic

11,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Captain Talavar
You might be thinking of Masked Rider. After the success of the Power Rangers, Saban tried to give the Kamen Rider franchise the same treatment in the mid-90s. They loosely adapted the Kamen Rider Black RX series, for the most part. Just as they did with the Power Rangers, they created an entirely new story and all new characters, as opposed to sticking with the original plot.

If that's not the one you were thinking of, there was also VR Troopers, Big Bad Beetleborgs, and Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad.

Haha I looked at that article too. Nope it's of those. It was an early 2000's thing.
MrZeekyHBomb
Captain Talavar

Haha I looked at that article too. Nope it's of those. It was an early 2000's thing.

The only notable early 2000s Tokusatsu to make it to America that I can think of is Ultraman Tiga but that doesn't match your description. sweatdrop

Also I'm not sure what Article you mean. I just remembered all of those from my own childhood. ninja

Devoted Lunatic

11,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Captain Talavar
MrZeekyHBomb
Captain Talavar

The only notable early 2000s Tokusatsu to make it to America that I can think of is Ultraman Tiga but that doesn't match your description. sweatdrop

Also I'm not sure what Article you mean. I just remembered all of those from my own childhood. ninja

There's literally an article with all of those listed.
It's called Power Rangers spin-offs you probably forgot about. But I could never forget Big Bad Beetleborgs. I loved those guys.

Maybe this is a Power Rangers Series and I'm just not looking hard enough. Idk but I just want to remember it so I can stop trying to remember it.
A quick search turned up Power Ranges: Lost Galaxy. The red Galaxy ranger, Leo, loses his older brother Mike in a crack in the earth. Mike later becomes the Magna Defender.

Devoted Lunatic

11,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
That's totally it. I recognize the sabres they have. I had one as a kid. It all make sense now. I can finally be at peace.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff