Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wistful Seeker

26,400 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
My favorite is Nightbreed and if they do a remake I hope it is closer to the book, but will still probably love it (if they don't over-do it with CGI.)
Some of my other faves are People Under The Stairs, Nightmare On Elm Street, House, Wishmaster, and the Feast trilogy.

7,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
~Insidious
~The Conjuring
~Texas Chainsaw Massacre
~Wrong Turn
~The Ring
~The Purge
John Carpenter's The Thing, The Silence of the Lambs, The Evil Dead, The Fly remake and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. I've got a soft spot for House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects.

I'm also a big fan of horror comedies, like Evil Dead II and Dead-Alive/Braindead.
SAW , Paranormal Activity, Halloween , See No Evil , Dark Corners , and much more horror movies I love! I like Horror Movies! Have been a horror movie fan since Middle school!

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200

Sparkling Mage

13,225 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Dallia Deschanel
Rose Red.

Try watching that movie when you're 12 and going to the Winchester Mansion (which the story was loosely based on).
I was a very uncomfortable 12 year old throughout the whole tour.

Come to think of it...I went to the San Francisco Wax Museum 3 days after watching House of Wax.... clearly I'm non too bright. haha

Friendly Dog

17,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Object of Affection 150
amisam
Dallia Deschanel
Rose Red.

Try watching that movie when you're 12 and going to the Winchester Mansion (which the story was loosely based on).

Come to think of it...I went to the San Francisco Wax Museum 3 days after watching House of Wax.... clearly I'm non too bright. haha

Haha, I've done the same exact thing while house sitting. Apparently there is never anything on the TV but horror movies.
BTW I highly recommend watching "When a Stranger Calls" the next time you're alone in a stranger's house. lol

My Personal Fav: 13 Ghosts

Other Faves: Jeeper's Creepers, Human Trafficking (Not really a Horror Movie, but the concept gives me the chills), Ghost ship was a slow and boring movie but the beginning and ending twist was AWESOME

Pet Cemetery II scared me when I was 9-ish...

On a off topic note I find Jack Nicholson terrifying: I was watching the Shinning and paused it to refill my water. Someone left the TV on in the kitchen and THERE he was as the joker. O_O Then at dinner THERE he was again at a Lakers Game. ((Too much Jack exposure in one day))

Kindly Vampire

7,650 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
Tama-inu
amisam
Dallia Deschanel
Rose Red.

Haha, I've done the same exact thing while house sitting. Apparently there is never anything on the TV but horror movies.
BTW I highly recommend watching "When a Stranger Calls" the next time you're alone in a stranger's house. lol

Other Faves: Jeeper's Creepers, Human Trafficking (Not really a Horror Movie, but the concept gives me the chills), Ghost ship was a slow and boring movie but the beginning and ending twist was AWESOME

On a off topic note I find Jack Nicholson terrifying: I was watching the Shinning and paused it to refill my water. Someone left the TV on in the kitchen and THERE he was as the joker. O_O Then at dinner THERE he was again at a Lakers Game. ((Too much Jack exposure in one day))

Jack Nicholson is indeed a scary scary man. Gotta watch for that.

Are we talking original 13 Ghosts? The one that could be taken as a ***** story with ghosts that just happen to be wandering around? Or the new (oddly gory) one with Mathew Lillare and Tony Shaloub?

Friendly Dog

17,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Twisted_Shimmer
Tama-inu
amisam
Dallia Deschanel
Rose Red.

Jack Nicholson is indeed a scary scary man. Gotta watch for that.

Are we talking original 13 Ghosts? The one that could be taken as a ***** story with ghosts that just happen to be wandering around? Or the new (oddly gory) one with Mathew Lillare and Tony Shaloub?

I didn't know there was an original...though it sounds pretty bad. ((almost as bad as the original to amityville horror bad))

The new one with the Monk guy and the guy who plays Shaggy in the Live Action Scooby Movie.
The whole concept of a black zodiac enthralled me as well as the twist in the end that Monk guy was supposed to be the "13th ghost".

Alien Star

My favorite scary movies (that actually gave me the creeps) would have to be a tie between The Exorcist and the remake of House Of Wax.

The exorcist is a classic and when I first saw it I was creeped out. The makeup and the special effects were very good for it's time and even though the film did cause some controversies I really liked that they took chances.

I know that a lot of people disliked the House Of Wax remake and I can see why. The acting was poor, the writing wasn't the greatest and probably worst of all in my opinion is that they actually had Paris Hilton as one of the cast members. Despite all that I thought the film had some pretty scary elements.

High-scoring Werewolf

11,650 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
The original Psycho movie, the Blob, the Conjuring
Twisted_Shimmer
Mikatt
Twisted_Shimmer
I am a huge horror geek. I prefer supernatural and possession type horror, but I also have a bit of a gore-hound in me.

I would like to have a civilized conversation on the topic of scary movies. I don't mind some nerd-rage as long as it is in good fun and taken well. Just because someone doesn't like the moves you like doesn't meant they don't like you personally.

So, whats your favorite scary movie?

Hi i love insidious i love that movie so much it scares the crap out of me but im an adrenaline junky so hey what can u do.
If you want to see a really good one, try The Woman in Black.

I know, harry potter in a pg-13 horror flick, hard to get over. But its Hammer Horror, known for both AMAZING horror and shitty B-movies, so either way its gonna be fun. These are the people that brought us the Toxic Avenger.

I want to say that I have been watching scary things my whole life. Starting with Nick's "Are you afraid of the dark?" To "Tales from the Crypt" and the Beetlejuice cartoon. (Dont lie that s**t was scary) And as I grew up I started watching more intense things, the Ring, Kairo, Omen, the Grudge this list goes on. But never had I screamed at a movie. Until I saw woman in black.

Its a masterful piece of work, and a stunning example of gothic horror. Its moody, its dark, its tense. A real thrilling joy ride I thought. (Though there's a few scenes where its to easy to make harry potter jokes, especially about unlocking)

I have actually seen that movie its not scary just the music is so OMG! lol. smile

Hunter

Have you ever seen The Road? It's more a post-apocalyptic, cannibal sort of story, but it was really very good.

If you do like creepy things, and have a Tumblr, I recommend following sixpenceee. She has a collection of really eerie short stories and short films, along with some interesting and strange scientific stuff.

Pal

Both Grave Encounters (Though the first was best in my opinion.) and the first Quarantine (didn't like the second one at all.) are probably my top favorites. Once you watch 'em a few times their not so bad but I remember watching the first Grave Encounters movie with my friend and had to make her shut it off half way through lol

Other than those two, Stephen King's IT, The Hills Have Eyes, and Thirteen Ghosts (the 2001 one. Haven't seen the original yet.) are awesome too.

Anyone have any suggestions for horror movies for my friend and I's next movie marathon? (Prefer not so much gore as she's got a sensitive stomach to some stuff.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff