Welcome to Gaia! ::

I wasn't sure where the best place to post this would be, so I posted here since it seems close enough.

I'm a new YouTuber/Filmmaker and want to know what you guys think of my short film "Vetri". It's about a boy who keeps failing in life, and pays to be successful. Might inspire those who are struggling to find their true ambition in life.

It was well made. The story was pretty good, but what really stood out were the camera shots. You have a great sense of composition, and decent lighting knowledge to back it up. Good job there.

The animation needs work, but the fact that you managed to crank out 10 minutes of it in 6 months is impressive, especially since you had to deal with multiple environments. That said, I'd recommend you aim for a shorter film next and focus more on the quality of animation. Filming video reference really helps too because you can see how a person would naturally do things and it makes your poses more convincing.

You did manage to convey emotion though, which is the important thing. I especially liked the scene in the professor's office because the disappointment in the dad's face really reads well.

The main weakness in your film was the over exaggerated pointing at things. Things like pointing at one's watch and pointing at the thing we're laughing at aren't things people really do, but they're easy to use because it automatically conveys what is supposed to be happening. Unfortunately it distracts from the story. It's tricky to get away from clichés and still have the audience understand the scene, but if you can manage it your films will get way better.

Overall I thought it was great. The story works, the compositions were nice and you had some nice scenes. I'd study animation more and do a handful of short 10-second test animations to try and improve there while you think about what story you want to tell next. Hope that was helpful to you! smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff