Welcome to Gaia! ::

Iron Geek
Captain Talavar
Iron Geek
Captain Talavar
Iron Geek

Nah, that film is LEGENDARY, easy in my top five.

On it's own it's okay, but it actually would be legendary if they didn't make the decision to s**t all over the book it's based on. Again, they did not do the book justice. At all. Period. It's not even debatable really.

Meh, it's only a book.

So the book is "only a book" but the movie is LEGENDARY? Nah dude, you got it backwards.

Nah, dude, you are the one who has it backwards. How much money did the book make compared to the movie, nothing? Movie was clearly better.

Actually I'd be willing to bet that the book has made more money than the movie, though I'm not sure exactly where you'd find the statistics for that. And if you haven't read the book, how do you know the movie's better?
Captain Talavar
Iron Geek
Captain Talavar
Iron Geek
Captain Talavar
Iron Geek

Nah, that film is LEGENDARY, easy in my top five.

On it's own it's okay, but it actually would be legendary if they didn't make the decision to s**t all over the book it's based on. Again, they did not do the book justice. At all. Period. It's not even debatable really.

Meh, it's only a book.

So the book is "only a book" but the movie is LEGENDARY? Nah dude, you got it backwards.

Nah, dude, you are the one who has it backwards. How much money did the book make compared to the movie, nothing? Movie was clearly better.

Actually I'd be willing to bet that the book has made more money than the movie, though I'm not sure exactly where you'd find the statistics for that. And if you haven't read the book, how do you know the movie's better?

Probs not, people like movies more than books. Movies are always better than books, there are literally no examples to the contrary.
Iron Geek
Captain Talavar
Iron Geek
Captain Talavar
Iron Geek

Meh, it's only a book.

Probs not, people like movies more than books. Movies are always better than books, there are literally no examples to the contrary.

I'm afraid I'm just going to have to tell you like it is and move on: not only are you completely wrong, but your opinion about anything no longer matters.

Shy Conversationalist

To steer this back on topic, remember that on Earth Dr. Manhattan was miserable as he was being used as a weapon by the United States. He was scientifically omnipotent, but the cost of this was a loss of free will, constant manipulation, and the destruction of one of the most important relationships in his human life. Dr. Manhattan could even have been more confused about the purpose of life and the universe than ever before, despite having obtained infinite understanding of its workings.
Captain Talavar
Iron Geek
Captain Talavar
Iron Geek
Captain Talavar
Iron Geek

Meh, it's only a book.

I'm afraid I'm just going to have to tell you like it is and move on: not only are you completely wrong, but your opinion about anything no longer matters.

How...CAN AN OPINION BE WROOOOONG?!
Iron Geek
Captain Talavar
Iron Geek
Captain Talavar
Iron Geek

1. You're not just giving your own opinion when you try to tell me that "people like movies more than books." That is wrong.

2. You're not just giving your own opinion when you're saying that movies are always better than books and that there are no exceptions, given that you haven't seen every movie, and you haven't read every book. This makes your opinion completely invalid and worthless.

Prophet

Iron Geek
Captain Talavar
Iron Geek
Captain Talavar
Iron Geek

Because it's an uneducated opinion.
Captain Talavar
Iron Geek
Captain Talavar
Iron Geek
Captain Talavar
Iron Geek

1. You're not just giving your own opinion when you try to tell me that "people like movies more than books." That is wrong.

2. You're not just giving your own opinion when you're saying that movies are always better than books and that there are no exceptions, given that you haven't seen every movie, and you haven't read every book. This makes your opinion completely invalid and worthless.

Couldn't move on, huh? Didn't think so.

Read all this back and re-evaluate the situation.

Punching Bag

Captain Talavar
Iron Geek
Captain Talavar
Iron Geek
Captain Talavar
xXForever ForneverXx
The only problem I had with Dr. Manhattan was that he has all that power over matter and whatever but he still cannot make himself a pair of undies?! Really? I've seen enough blue p***s to last a lifetime.

He's a god-like entity with no concern for sensitive human feelings regarding such things. He saw how little the rather human concept of modesty mattered, so he ditched clothes. In other words, he's such a powerful, near-omnipotent being that...he really doesn't give a s**t.

Great sig, bro I Am Legend = GREAT movie.

On it's own? It's good. As an adaptation of the book? Terrible. My sig advertises the book's achievement as Vampire Novel of The Century (an award bestowed on it this past Saturday) and trust me: the title is fitting. Do yourself a favor and read the book. You won't be sorry. 3nodding

They adapted a movie into a book? When does that ever happen? Just goes to show how good a movie it was I guess

No no no. They adapted a book into a movie. The book came out in 1954. There were three movie adaptations, the latest of which is the Will Smith one, which is the only one to take the title from the book. Basically, the movie is so different from the book, it kind of ruins it. It's divergent in all the wrong ways, and way too far.
Sah-weet! That teaches me about not doing my research. To me the movie was just okay, and was missing something. Couldn't quite place my finger on it, though. Now I know: I must read this book.

Party Member

xXForever ForneverXx
The only problem I had with Dr. Manhattan was that he has all that power over matter and whatever but he still cannot make himself a pair of undies?! Really? I've seen enough blue p***s to last a lifetime.
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

rolleyes It's just an extension of a man's body.

Party Member

Captain Talavar
On it's own? It's good. As an adaptation of the book? Terrible. My sig advertises the book's achievement as Vampire Novel of The Century (an award bestowed on it this past Saturday) and trust me: the title is fitting. Do yourself a favor and read the book. You won't be sorry. 3nodding

Ohhh it's so deserving of that. Then again, it's not like it had much in the way of competition.
Good, good ending. eek

Party Member

Iron Geek
Oh wow, that was a long time ago, I guess they needed to wait so long for the good special effects to do it justice. Are there, like, other book adaptations? 'Cause the only one I can think of is Iron Man.

Pleeeeease tell me you're trolling. User Image

Party Member

Freiflug
Sah-weet! That teaches me about not doing my research. To me the movie was just okay, and was missing something. Couldn't quite place my finger on it, though. Now I know: I must read this book.

It's also a graphic novel. 3nodding

Death Magnificent
Now that I've considered the implications of viewing the universe from a godlike perspective a la the blue scientist/godlike entity known as Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen (dude's capable of viewing time in both directions as it pertains to his own existence and space in any capacity, teleporting anywhere, ******** with matter, dude's literally made of energy, and so on), I don't think my static view of the universe suits me anymore. I'd much rather travel through space, just looking at cool s**t and understanding it scientifically. In fact, I've come to the conclusion that even the most glorious human existence is completely pathetic compared to such beautiful exploration, sensation, and discovery.

Discuss how I'm never going to get to see space because you're all a bunch of ******** barbarous apes.

If I have my way, you will not only never see space, I will destroy human civilization and reduce you to living in a cave with only a few animal skulls for entertainment.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
We know more about space then our own ocean. That is whats really pathetic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff