HELL no 0.22988505747126 23.0% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 87 ]
< 1 2 3 4

Dedicated Entrepreneur

Captain Talavar
ProjectLazy
nikomas
ProjectLazy
I'm sure il get a lot of crap for this but like the movies more then the comics. That being said if they make another the need to drop Abe

No.

Abraham Sapien is an integral character to the Hellboy franchise. You can't just 'drop' the best friend character with no explanation. He's the bridge between his two friends when they're having a spat, and is more often than not a voice of reason to both. Not only is he book smart, and technically a doctor (in the films), he is the only one that can go investigate underwater/at sea incidents. Plus, he's the only other 'living' ex/member of the BPRD that has a noticeably different appearance compared to humans, save for Hellboy himself.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I shall return to my very lonely corner of the Hellboy fandom that fangirls over the fish man...
The comics got on fine without him. The problem is they made hellboy to much of a bumbling idiot in the movies. So you need the fishman to even things out. I'd like to see hellboy grow up and mature. I think losing Abe and then responsabilty of a kid would make for a cool angle.

The Hellboy comics maybe, but he's an integral part of the BPRD comics, not to mention he's had at least one solo mini-series that I can think of and several one-shots.

There's more to the Mignolaverse than just the core Hellboy comic.
True that but just cause there's batgirl,batwoman,robin 1-4,manbat,batwing,etc doesn't mean they need to be in the batman movie. The movie is Hellboy. You know it would be a more interesting story if we actually got to see him develop as a character.

Hell I'd like to see something completely new. Like Liz has a miscarriage and leaves and he goes out on his own and gets wrapped up some mystical nonsense.
ProjectLazy
Captain Talavar
ProjectLazy
nikomas
ProjectLazy
I'm sure il get a lot of crap for this but like the movies more then the comics. That being said if they make another the need to drop Abe

No.

Abraham Sapien is an integral character to the Hellboy franchise. You can't just 'drop' the best friend character with no explanation. He's the bridge between his two friends when they're having a spat, and is more often than not a voice of reason to both. Not only is he book smart, and technically a doctor (in the films), he is the only one that can go investigate underwater/at sea incidents. Plus, he's the only other 'living' ex/member of the BPRD that has a noticeably different appearance compared to humans, save for Hellboy himself.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I shall return to my very lonely corner of the Hellboy fandom that fangirls over the fish man...
The comics got on fine without him. The problem is they made hellboy to much of a bumbling idiot in the movies. So you need the fishman to even things out. I'd like to see hellboy grow up and mature. I think losing Abe and then responsabilty of a kid would make for a cool angle.

The Hellboy comics maybe, but he's an integral part of the BPRD comics, not to mention he's had at least one solo mini-series that I can think of and several one-shots.

True that but just cause there's batgirl,batwoman,robin 1-4,manbat,batwing,etc doesn't mean they need to be in the batman movie. The movie is Hellboy. You know it would be a more interesting story if we actually got to see him develop as a character.

Hell I'd like to see something completely new. Like Liz has a miscarriage and leaves and he goes out on his own and gets wrapped up some mystical nonsense.

Abe is hardly on the same comparative level as, say, Batwing, or Batwoman. He's the Watson to Hellboy's Sherlock. They've been apart, sure, but it's magic when they're together. They're just a badass pair of dudes, both individually fascinating and important to the overall Mignolaverse in their own ways.

Dedicated Entrepreneur

Captain Talavar
ProjectLazy
Captain Talavar
ProjectLazy
nikomas
ProjectLazy

No.

Abe is hardly on the same comparative level as, say, Batwing, or Batwoman. He's the Watson to Hellboy's Sherlock. They've been apart, sure, but it's magic when they're together. They're just a badass pair of dudes, both individually fascinating and important to the overall Mignolaverse in their own ways.
I guess I've only ever read his solo books so I'll have to take your word on it.
ProjectLazy
Captain Talavar
ProjectLazy
Captain Talavar
ProjectLazy

I guess I've only ever read his solo books so I'll have to take your word on it.

Check out BPRD too. Abe Sapien has a backstory just as rich as Hellboy's, and is just as great a character. I know it would never happen, but I firmly believe he could support his own film, or at least star as the central character in a BPRD spin-off film.

But then, much of the Mignolaverse is like that. Witchfinder, for example, would make for an awesome movie.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff