HELL no 0.22988505747126 23.0% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 87 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Samuel Grant
Captain Talavar
Twisted_Misery
Requiem ex Inferni
Twisted_Misery
I really enjoyed the movies, but I highly doubt they'll make a third.
Del Toro only put the idea on hold to work on The Hobbit, and now that he's dropped out of that movie's production he's working with Ron Perlman to get the third one made.

Awesome news. emotion_awesome
It better be the exact same cast.

Don't get too excited. His next movie is Pacific Rim which comes out next year, and next year he thinks he'll be working on Pinocchio and the pilot for the TV adaptation of his novels The Strain Trilogy. After that I'm guessing maybe he'll do Beauty and the Beast, and there is that DC Comics movie he's been discussing with Warner Brothers that teams up a bunch of the supernatural/monster-like characters.

Justice League? confused

No. I'm talking about DC's supernatural/monster-like characters. Etrigan, The Spectre, Deadman, Zatanna, John Constantine, Swamp Thing. Characters like that. The rumored title is Heaven Sent but that probably won't be the actual title of it by the time it comes out. If it does, of course.
Ron Perlman seems to be down for a third movie, so I can see this happening.

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
iSaibot

didn't it say "rumored" by his name?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2274648/

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Del toro already has enough s**t on his plate.
Samuel Grant
iSaibot

didn't it say "rumored" by his name?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2274648/

This kid made a wish through the "Make a wish foundation" to be fully made out to be Hellboy. So, Ron Perlman showed up like a boss, dressed up as Hellboy. Same article I read about this mentioned him being down for a third movie.
I hope it will coming soon , I like HellBoy

Interesting Shapeshifter

7,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
wulf ninja warrior2
who here is a fan of the movies? who here wishes for a third?
hell knows i do. rofl

what got me interested in wanting a third was the 2nd movie: the Golden army.
that was Ron Perlman's best performance as Hellboy, where he fights the elf prince Nuada.
cunning, fast paced sword fights to the end. hellboy 1 just had him fighting some hell hound of resurrection and it sucked. golden army was good.

All I can say right now on this topic is that I so hope that they try turning Mike Mignola's other comic/animated series "The Amazing Screw-on Head" into a live action movie or just finally finish the animated series to the show. Loved the artwork

4,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
wulf ninja warrior2
won't harm to ask, but what's there not to like?
except the part with the army not doing much except being destroyed and then pulling themselves together...

to me, i liked the challenge scene, where hellboy challenges him to a duel for right to command.

now i say, those who are fans of the movies help me write a fanfiction of what we think the third one should be about.
Well, Liz is pregnant with...what, twins? So that will be in any possible third film. She will probably need a magical pregnancy because her babies probably have giant fists and horns. Also, if I remember correctly the one Angel of Death thingy spoke doom and gloom either about the babies or HB. They left the bureau so might go into business for themselves but instead of just working for humans they work for mystical beings as well.

Dedicated Entrepreneur

I'm sure il get a lot of crap for this but like the movies more then the comics. That being said if they make another the need to drop Abe
Captain Talavar
Twisted_Misery
Requiem ex Inferni
Twisted_Misery
Del Toro only put the idea on hold to work on The Hobbit, and now that he's dropped out of that movie's production he's working with Ron Perlman to get the third one made.

Don't get too excited. His next movie is Pacific Rim which comes out next year, and next year he thinks he'll be working on Pinocchio and the pilot for the TV adaptation of his novels The Strain Trilogy. After that I'm guessing maybe he'll do Beauty and the Beast, and there is that DC Comics movie he's been discussing with Warner Brothers that teams up a bunch of the supernatural/monster-like characters.

He might be amazing at what he does, but he bugs the s**t out of me.
I bet half the stuff you just mentioned, won't even happen.
How can anyone that is always all over the place with projects ever get anything done?
Twisted_Misery
Captain Talavar
Twisted_Misery
Requiem ex Inferni
Twisted_Misery

He might be amazing at what he does, but he bugs the s**t out of me.
I bet half the stuff you just mentioned, won't even happen.
How can anyone that is always all over the place with projects ever get anything done?

Well, from what I can gather, it's actually common for people in this business to have a ton of projects on their plate, but we just don't hear about it. Let's not forget, he got pretty far into pre-production on two whole movies before they were canned between Hellboy II and Pacific Rim. First there was The Hobbit which he was attached to the same year Hellboy II came out. MGM lost its ******** mind, and two years later that movie was canned before it could officially begin. That news hit in May 2010. In July of the same year, he started to work on At The Mountains of Madness, which we learned was also canned in March of 2011. So then he finally moved on to Pacific Rim, which filmed from late 2011 into early/mid 2012.

So sure, it appears that he hasn't done anything, but the truth is he's been working his a** off for years. Let's not forget that aside from huge-budget tentpole adaptations of two of the great authors of fantastic literature (Tolkien and Lovecraft) he was also involved in a ton of other movies whether he was a producer of some sort, or the writer, or whatever, as well as co-writing an incredible trilogy of vampire novels.

So yeah, he has a lot on his plate, but he has tried to get things done. It's not like he's been sitting on his a** all this time. The reason that both his version of The Hobbit and At The Mountains of Madness didn't happen is because of studio ********, not because he hasn't tried. The Hobbit fell apart because of MGM's troubles and Mountains, well, Mountains didn't happen because Universal didn't want to do it the way it should be done. Del Toro understands exactly how that movie should be made, and is willing to stick to his guns. Isn't that the kind of thing we want in a director these days? Someone with a true vision who is unwilling to compromise it to studio idiocy?
Captain Talavar

Well, from what I can gather, it's actually common for people in this business to have a ton of projects on their plate, but we just don't hear about it. Let's not forget, he got pretty far into pre-production on two whole movies before they were canned between Hellboy II and Pacific Rim. First there was The Hobbit which he was attached to the same year Hellboy II came out. MGM lost its ******** mind, and two years later that movie was canned before it could officially begin. That news hit in May 2010. In July of the same year, he started to work on At The Mountains of Madness, which we learned was also canned in March of 2011. So then he finally moved on to Pacific Rim, which filmed from late 2011 into early/mid 2012.

So sure, it appears that he hasn't done anything, but the truth is he's been working his a** off for years. Let's not forget that aside from huge-budget tentpole adaptations of two of the great authors of fantastic literature (Tolkien and Lovecraft) he was also involved in a ton of other movies whether he was a producer of some sort, or the writer, or whatever, as well as co-writing an incredible trilogy of vampire novels.

So yeah, he has a lot on his plate, but he has tried to get things done. It's not like he's been sitting on his a** all this time. The reason that both his version of The Hobbit and At The Mountains of Madness didn't happen is because of studio ********, not because he hasn't tried. The Hobbit fell apart because of MGM's troubles and Mountains, well, Mountains didn't happen because Universal didn't want to do it the way it should be done. Del Toro understands exactly how that movie should be made, and is willing to stick to his guns. Isn't that the kind of thing we want in a director these days? Someone with a true vision who is unwilling to compromise it to studio idiocy?

Yeah, you're right.
That's absolutely what we want in a director.
Especially with book adaptations that the studios want to change because they know it might draw a bigger crowd.

Enduring Elocutionist

ProjectLazy
I'm sure il get a lot of crap for this but like the movies more then the comics. That being said if they make another the need to drop Abe

No.

Abraham Sapien is an integral character to the Hellboy franchise. You can't just 'drop' the best friend character with no explanation. He's the bridge between his two friends when they're having a spat, and is more often than not a voice of reason to both. Not only is he book smart, and technically a doctor (in the films), he is the only one that can go investigate underwater/at sea incidents. Plus, he's the only other 'living' ex/member of the BPRD that has a noticeably different appearance compared to humans, save for Hellboy himself.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I shall return to my very lonely corner of the Hellboy fandom that fangirls over the fish man...

Dedicated Entrepreneur

nikomas
ProjectLazy

No.

Abraham Sapien is an integral character to the Hellboy franchise. You can't just 'drop' the best friend character with no explanation. He's the bridge between his two friends when they're having a spat, and is more often than not a voice of reason to both. Not only is he book smart, and technically a doctor (in the films), he is the only one that can go investigate underwater/at sea incidents. Plus, he's the only other 'living' ex/member of the BPRD that has a noticeably different appearance compared to humans, save for Hellboy himself.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I shall return to my very lonely corner of the Hellboy fandom that fangirls over the fish man...
The comics got on fine without him. The problem is they made hellboy to much of a bumbling idiot in the movies. So you need the fishman to even things out. I'd like to see hellboy grow up and mature. I think losing Abe and then responsabilty of a kid would make for a cool angle.
ProjectLazy
nikomas
ProjectLazy

No.

The comics got on fine without him. The problem is they made hellboy to much of a bumbling idiot in the movies. So you need the fishman to even things out. I'd like to see hellboy grow up and mature. I think losing Abe and then responsabilty of a kid would make for a cool angle.

The Hellboy comics maybe, but he's an integral part of the BPRD comics, not to mention he's had at least one solo mini-series that I can think of and several one-shots.

There's more to the Mignolaverse than just the core Hellboy comic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff