Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Lunatic

I read the book a while ago and thought it was fantastic. I just saw the movie and loved it just as much. Anyone else like them as much as me? and if you do, what's your favorite line?

"...I am merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."

Dedicated Entrepreneur

definatly cool but a bit overrated
Happiness is the most insidious prison of all.

Overrated but still awesome.

Wheezing Lunatic

ProjectLazy
definatly cool but a bit overrated

It's a little overrated, but I saw it years after everyone stopped talking about it.

Wheezing Lunatic

EvilSeraph
Happiness is the most insidious prison of all.

Overrated but still awesome.

I saw it after everyone stopped talking about it. And that quote is great.
No one informed me there was a novel. Who is the author?
Batarian Goddess
Alan Moore

Wheezing Lunatic

Batarian Goddess

The novel's pretty great. Worth reading.
Thank you. Despite enjoying the movie I didn't look up anything which may have inspired it, and I didn't see the credits saying it was based on someone's novel - or I would have.
Batarian Goddess
Thank you. Despite enjoying the movie I didn't look up anything which may have inspired it, and I didn't see the credits saying it was based on someone's novel - or I would have.

It's a graphic novel, as in comic book. One of very few that could be called a serious literary achievement. But let's call it what it is, because it's not just "a novel".

Wheezing Lunatic

Captain Talavar
Batarian Goddess

It's a graphic novel, as in comic book. One of very few that could be called a serious literary achievement. But let's call it what it is, because it's not just "a novel".

its a fantastic comic book, but i feel that grouping it like that doesn't express how amazingly written it is.
Inkmind
Captain Talavar
Batarian Goddess

its a fantastic comic book, but i feel that grouping it like that doesn't express how amazingly written it is.

Call it a comic book or a graphic novel, that's fine, but calling it a novel is misleading. It suggests it's a standard prose novel with no pictures, which is not true and is in my opinion slightly insulting toward the hard work of the artist or artists. Alan Moore is responsible for some of the best work in the medium of comics, but let's not forget that he didn't do it alone.

Wheezing Lunatic

Captain Talavar
Inkmind
Captain Talavar
Batarian Goddess

Call it a comic book or a graphic novel, that's fine, but calling it a novel is misleading. It suggests it's a standard prose novel with no pictures, which is not true and is in my opinion slightly insulting toward the hard work of the artist or artists. Alan Moore is responsible for some of the best work in the medium of comics, but let's not forget that he didn't do it alone.

True.

Familiar Trickster

got the movie but am still looking for the graphic novel.
Living in a small town with no Credit card kinds sucks.

Wheezing Lunatic

Puckeroo
got the movie but am still looking for the graphic novel.
Living in a small town with no Credit card kinds sucks.

Is there a library?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces