• Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Then most likely not. I haven't gotten in JDramas yet. The bits and pieces I've seen so far ain't my cup of tea either.

Ah the ones I was watching were actually Taiwanese dramas. They're much better in my opinion.

Oh, been some time since I watched a Taiwanese drama aswell (except the Justice Bao one I'm watching at the moment of course). And I tend to encounter them less than the others (C-,J- and K-Dramas) at various online places too. Or maybe they count them as C-Drama sometimes.

yea C and K dramas are most common nowadays, and they will sometimes slip Taiwanese into C-dramas when they have a collaboration between T and C.

On a random note, I know you're not watching the TVB dramas right now, but I think you would have been amused. Mary Hon is currently in both series, in almost the exact same role of a mother who abandoned their son and had their other child with another husband help her find their first son. My family and I found it amusing, it makes you wonder if TVB is severely lacking in actors.

Sounds like the type of role that fits her. She often plays some kind of selfish woman, who isn't really evil but you don't really like her either. At least that's how I feel. But yeah I do feel like seeing the same faces over and over again lately. Especially the older veteran co-stars who might not have a big role or many lines but still do contribute a lot to what makes TVB dramas what they are.

That's true. One of the many dangers is falling into a "type". And yet it seems very easy to do. I remember when Joe Ma used to play all the villains. It took him quite a while to get out of that rut. Now he's the big cop XDD

Wasn't he even a real police officer before he joined the industry? Well to some people, "type" roles do fit somehow xD

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
happyfamily
Chosan
happyfamily
Chosan
happyfamily

She has a really 'fake' voice and her acting though, is alright. hen she played Hailey in Witness Insecurity it was alright. I have heard her sing live and it was alright but a bit shaky.
Gonna get a little of topic- did you see the part in Friendly Fire when 'ah lik' died! That was a sad part!
Back on topic- they should run more training classes because I just hate watching people in TVB who are getting promoted but cannot act. There might be one or two people that don't attend these classes but are good actors but overall, they should run classes.

Witness Insecurities was ok, a lil awkward at the beginning, but tolerable. Missing You, however, is a little harder to tolerate.

Yea, it was unfortunate. I kind of wonder why someone who is about to get married would take on such a dangerous role. I am super curious to how this case is going to end though. I knew they would leave us in suspense though...Monday cannot come soon enough haha.

Unfortunately more often than not, actors don't attend classes and can't act. Cilla Kung, I have no idea where she comes from, but she has one of those, overly loud acting styles. Otherwise, I think she could be a decent actress.

I do like Sharon Chan as well. It's a little strange when she does Ancient series because she's so tall haha, but she has the face for it. She doesn't over act which is something I really like about her.

With Cilla Kung, she isn't that ugly and she can act. It's just that TVB give her roles where she is loud and a mean person! I like Sharon Chan too, she is pretty and she can actually act. Missing you is ending on friday, which I find is pretty soon.

I'd like to see TVB put her in a nice, not necessarily quiet, but normal volumed character lol. Absolutely agree about Sharon.

Although it is pretty soon, there's also a sense of relief. The story hasn't been particularly exciting.

*Possible Spoiler Ahead* Oddly Friendly Fire has gotten a little dull. I started kind of liking Sammy in this, but in the last few episodes, it's like he's gotten all unreasonable and bossy. Lol anger management for "Body" XD I am really curious to what Tavia is going to do on Monday. I was intrigued to where she was going on Friday's episode, but I knew they were going to leave us hanging like that haha.

Did you watch the ending to Missing you?
Friendly fire started to lose its spark it had before....
Sammy is not that bad of an actor! However, he has got bad mood swings!

Indeed. I thought it was kind of rushed, especially the parts regarding Jason and his dad. If this series were more interesting, I would have liked to see more eps so they can cover more in depth what happened between his parents and how he and his dad would be in the future.

True. I meant Sammy's character I started getting annoyed with. I'm fine with Sammy as an actor. He's kind of interesting. I think he and Sharon are kinda cute together haha.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Oh, been some time since I watched a Taiwanese drama aswell (except the Justice Bao one I'm watching at the moment of course). And I tend to encounter them less than the others (C-,J- and K-Dramas) at various online places too. Or maybe they count them as C-Drama sometimes.

yea C and K dramas are most common nowadays, and they will sometimes slip Taiwanese into C-dramas when they have a collaboration between T and C.

On a random note, I know you're not watching the TVB dramas right now, but I think you would have been amused. Mary Hon is currently in both series, in almost the exact same role of a mother who abandoned their son and had their other child with another husband help her find their first son. My family and I found it amusing, it makes you wonder if TVB is severely lacking in actors.

Sounds like the type of role that fits her. She often plays some kind of selfish woman, who isn't really evil but you don't really like her either. At least that's how I feel. But yeah I do feel like seeing the same faces over and over again lately. Especially the older veteran co-stars who might not have a big role or many lines but still do contribute a lot to what makes TVB dramas what they are.

That's true. One of the many dangers is falling into a "type". And yet it seems very easy to do. I remember when Joe Ma used to play all the villains. It took him quite a while to get out of that rut. Now he's the big cop XDD

Wasn't he even a real police officer before he joined the industry? Well to some people, "type" roles do fit somehow xD

Yes he was. He was a G4 officer and then went to become a model before joining TVB. I am actually surprised by the number of cops turned actors. Ben Wong and Nick Cheung were also cops which really surprised me.

True sometimes certain people fit well in certain roles. I really can't imagine Wong Cho Lam as anything serious anymore lol. But it works for him.

Popular Genius

9,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Chosan
happyfamily
Chosan
happyfamily
Chosan
happyfamily

She has a really 'fake' voice and her acting though, is alright. hen she played Hailey in Witness Insecurity it was alright. I have heard her sing live and it was alright but a bit shaky.
Gonna get a little of topic- did you see the part in Friendly Fire when 'ah lik' died! That was a sad part!
Back on topic- they should run more training classes because I just hate watching people in TVB who are getting promoted but cannot act. There might be one or two people that don't attend these classes but are good actors but overall, they should run classes.

Witness Insecurities was ok, a lil awkward at the beginning, but tolerable. Missing You, however, is a little harder to tolerate.

Yea, it was unfortunate. I kind of wonder why someone who is about to get married would take on such a dangerous role. I am super curious to how this case is going to end though. I knew they would leave us in suspense though...Monday cannot come soon enough haha.

Unfortunately more often than not, actors don't attend classes and can't act. Cilla Kung, I have no idea where she comes from, but she has one of those, overly loud acting styles. Otherwise, I think she could be a decent actress.

I do like Sharon Chan as well. It's a little strange when she does Ancient series because she's so tall haha, but she has the face for it. She doesn't over act which is something I really like about her.

With Cilla Kung, she isn't that ugly and she can act. It's just that TVB give her roles where she is loud and a mean person! I like Sharon Chan too, she is pretty and she can actually act. Missing you is ending on friday, which I find is pretty soon.

I'd like to see TVB put her in a nice, not necessarily quiet, but normal volumed character lol. Absolutely agree about Sharon.

Although it is pretty soon, there's also a sense of relief. The story hasn't been particularly exciting.

*Possible Spoiler Ahead* Oddly Friendly Fire has gotten a little dull. I started kind of liking Sammy in this, but in the last few episodes, it's like he's gotten all unreasonable and bossy. Lol anger management for "Body" XD I am really curious to what Tavia is going to do on Monday. I was intrigued to where she was going on Friday's episode, but I knew they were going to leave us hanging like that haha.

Indeed. I thought it was kind of rushed, especially the parts regarding Jason and his dad. If this series were more interesting, I would have liked to see more eps so they can cover more in depth what happened between his parents and how he and his dad would be in the future.

True. I meant Sammy's character I started getting annoyed with. I'm fine with Sammy as an actor. He's kind of interesting. I think he and Sharon are kinda cute together haha.

He is usually a funny presenter so it is weird for him to take on a seriousish character! The new show with Wing cho-lam and Roger seem alright....I think that TVB will recieve complaints because they are like being 'chinese' people coming to Hong Kong and they are like rude and put on acents and stuff I think. In Friendly Fire, it already got complaints when Mandy was like rude and loud e.t.c

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Yes he was. He was a G4 officer and then went to become a model before joining TVB. I am actually surprised by the number of cops turned actors. Ben Wong and Nick Cheung were also cops which really surprised me.

True sometimes certain people fit well in certain roles. I really can't imagine Wong Cho Lam as anything serious anymore lol. But it works for him.

I knew about Nick Cheung, but wow Ben Wong too. Ain't that bad of a career starter, eh? Better than Triads (which we have some too afaik) lol

Same with Yuen Siu Cheung. Always laugh when I see him and expect a joke at any moment even when it's basically a serious situation. xD

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
happyfamily
Chosan
happyfamily
Chosan
happyfamily

He is usually a funny presenter so it is weird for him to take on a seriousish character! The new show with Wing cho-lam and Roger seem alright....I think that TVB will recieve complaints because they are like being 'chinese' people coming to Hong Kong and they are like rude and put on acents and stuff I think. In Friendly Fire, it already got complaints when Mandy was like rude and loud e.t.c

He has his charm and he does have funny moments in the show. Hm it is a dilemma in HK presently. I remember when I was there last month, so much news about HK complaining and saying "I'm not Chinese! I am a Hong Kong-er!" So there is that fight happening. I can understand why HK are upset about it, and that nothing is being dealt with can be frustrating.

I've gotten the "rude and loud" treatment from Chinese in HK. It is rather annoying. I especially don't like when people cling to me in queues. It makes me feel like they're trying to mug me, but if I say that, they get offended too.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

I knew about Nick Cheung, but wow Ben Wong too. Ain't that bad of a career starter, eh? Better than Triads (which we have some too afaik) lol

Same with Yuen Siu Cheung. Always laugh when I see him and expect a joke at any moment even when it's basically a serious situation. xD

Yea Ben Wong was kinda unfortunate. He had that great role as "Ah Hoi" and then he thought he made it big, so we left TVB and went down to Malaysia and China to do shows, but flopped. He finally went back to TVB and they gave him that role as "Spicy Ginger" I think it was as a cop turned triad which brought him back in the spotlight. Gotta admit though, that man does not age much. He still looks really good for his age.
dong bang shin ki

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Yea Ben Wong was kinda unfortunate. He had that great role as "Ah Hoi" and then he thought he made it big, so we left TVB and went down to Malaysia and China to do shows, but flopped. He finally went back to TVB and they gave him that role as "Spicy Ginger" I think it was as a cop turned triad which brought him back in the spotlight. Gotta admit though, that man does not age much. He still looks really good for his age.

Yeah now that you mention it. He really haven't changed much over the years except for maybe a few wrinkles around the eyes. Reminds me of Gordon Lam.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Yeah now that you mention it. He really haven't changed much over the years except for maybe a few wrinkles around the eyes. Reminds me of Gordon Lam.

Exactly! To be honest I haven't seen Gordon Lam since that Triad movie. I think it was Election 2?

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Exactly! To be honest I haven't seen Gordon Lam since that Triad movie. I think it was Election 2?

He was in Election 2 that's right. And the first Ip Man movie might be one you've seen aswell. I'v seen him in a few Milky Way films (Johnnie To) since. Seems like he didn't play in that many recently.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

He was in Election 2 that's right. And the first Ip Man movie might be one you've seen aswell. I'v seen him in a few Milky Way films (Johnnie To) since. Seems like he didn't play in that many recently.
I stand corrected XD I have seen the Ip Man movie as well, but upon wiki-ing him the last I saw him was 72 Tenants of Prosperity. He and Charmaine make a cute evil pair haha.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

I stand corrected XD I have seen the Ip Man movie as well, but upon wiki-ing him the last I saw him was 72 Tenants of Prosperity. He and Charmaine make a cute evil pair haha.

Oh yeah there too. But it's nearly easier to count who DIDN'T play in there than the other way around :p

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Oh yeah there too. But it's nearly easier to count who DIDN'T play in there than the other way around :p
lol so true so true. Oh btw new series is hilarious. At least the first episode was really worth it.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

lol so true so true. Oh btw new series is hilarious. At least the first episode was really worth it.

Inbound Troubles? Just saw that Wong Cho Lam is in it. I might give it a try xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces