• Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Yeah. I'm kinda inclined to call her a one hit wonder. But that might be a bit too harsh. I think you're right. In hit dramas with an all-star cast, it's kinda hard to be completely bad.

If they weren't we wouldn't treasure them as much I guess.

Well no need to hold back for me LOL. You know I hold no love for her. I also hold no love for Rebecca Zhu. However, I think this time most Netizens also stand on my side in regards to her first role in SSSS. I can't agree when people say, Oh forgive so and so because it's their first role. In my opinion, to do that their role has to be somewhat insignificant. If you put a newbie in a role that affects the main storyline than both the person who cast her, and the actor/actress is to blame. But I guess TVB is lacking in actresses, even the newbie Eliza Sam was nominated for awards this year. *Sigh* maybe they should put pageant winners through acting classes...just between shows or something...

I suppose, but I wish there were more. Haha I am greedy for time spent with my friends. I think that happens when one works too much.

Yup. It's their job after all. We don't expect a Chow Yun Fat on your first day, but seeing how outright terrible some of the new people are doing there simply is no excuse for that. HK in general is lacking of lead actresses/female personalities. I forgot who said that in the Telling Maria show, but he was right.

Spending time with family and friends should be among ones top priorities anyway imo. We should work to live not vice versa. Sadly for a lot of people the latter seems to be the case.

Well I expect a Chow Yun Fat if you've been placed in a Chow Yun Fat level role lol. Which means, people should not cast newbs in important roles. I think everyone should earn their roles, like it used to be.

Spend enough with family but not enough with friends sadly. (Wow I shall not type forum posts with my phone no more lol. The auto check is seriously weird.)

That's true. Everyone should start as Ke-Le-Fe xD (If I'd get the chance I'd jump in anytime :p)

"Civilized" life doesn't always let us do what we want =(

Yea! I remember Spencer Leung saying back on the EYT days everyone earned every line they got. I wonder what happened to that...

Do you find as one gets older that parties are no longer more about what you're doing but who you're spending time with?

Pageants and connections took over. And also a generations of youths that gets into biz because of their parents.

Can't agree more. That might also be because most things on those parties aren't new to you anymore. Been there, seen that. Parties are fun when the people are.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Yup. It's their job after all. We don't expect a Chow Yun Fat on your first day, but seeing how outright terrible some of the new people are doing there simply is no excuse for that. HK in general is lacking of lead actresses/female personalities. I forgot who said that in the Telling Maria show, but he was right.

Spending time with family and friends should be among ones top priorities anyway imo. We should work to live not vice versa. Sadly for a lot of people the latter seems to be the case.

Well I expect a Chow Yun Fat if you've been placed in a Chow Yun Fat level role lol. Which means, people should not cast newbs in important roles. I think everyone should earn their roles, like it used to be.

Spend enough with family but not enough with friends sadly. (Wow I shall not type forum posts with my phone no more lol. The auto check is seriously weird.)

That's true. Everyone should start as Ke-Le-Fe xD (If I'd get the chance I'd jump in anytime :p)

Yea! I remember Spencer Leung saying back on the EYT days everyone earned every line they got. I wonder what happened to that...

Do you find as one gets older that parties are no longer more about what you're doing but who you're spending time with?

Pageants and connections took over. And also a generations of youths that gets into biz because of their parents.

Can't agree more. That might also be because most things on those parties aren't new to you anymore. Been there, seen that. Parties are fun when the people are.

Blarg!!! Then put these people through a couple of training classes at least!!! If only my major was in some kind of administrative position in TV companies...TVB could use a lil re-organization.

It's true! I feel like instead of doing a bunch of activities, sometimes just sitting around and talking is just as fantastic.

Popular Genius

9,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Dereshi
happyfamily
Dereshi
happyfamily
Dereshi

So true. He really deserves to be recognised. I wonder what show will come next.

Apparently it is Friendly Fire; 法網狙擊. It has Michael Tse, Tavia Yeung, Sammy Leung, Sharon Chan, Louis Yuen, Benz Hui, Alice Chan, Vincent Wong, Oscar Leung. This cast looks promising!

Sounds good. Been a while since I last watched a police/lawyer drama.

You gonna watch it?
Are you watching the show 'missing you'?

I'm not sure yet. I still have 4 episodes of The Confidant left and after that I have The Bride with White Hair 2012 with Nicky Wu to look into. Missing You looks awful so I'm probably not gonna watch it.

Missing you isn't that bad...

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
happyfamily
Dereshi
happyfamily
Dereshi
happyfamily
Dereshi

So true. He really deserves to be recognised. I wonder what show will come next.

Apparently it is Friendly Fire; 法網狙擊. It has Michael Tse, Tavia Yeung, Sammy Leung, Sharon Chan, Louis Yuen, Benz Hui, Alice Chan, Vincent Wong, Oscar Leung. This cast looks promising!

You gonna watch it?

I'm not sure yet. I still have 4 episodes of The Confidant left and after that I have The Bride with White Hair 2012 with Nicky Wu to look into. Missing You looks awful so I'm probably not gonna watch it.

It might just be me, but the opening sequence couldn't convince me in the least.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Blarg!!! Then put these people through a couple of training classes at least!!! If only my major was in some kind of administrative position in TV companies...TVB could use a lil re-organization.

It's true! I feel like instead of doing a bunch of activities, sometimes just sitting around and talking is just as fantastic.

Go get them. And make sure they pay you handsomely wink

Nothing better than a good conversation. Especially when it doesn't stay at small talk =)

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Nothing better than a good conversation. Especially when it doesn't stay at small talk =)

A dinner with Kenneth Ma would be very handsome haha. A job at TVB haha now that would be a childhood dream come true.

Indeed. I miss some of the fun activities too though. Like when a group of us would spend the day together doing silly things

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

A dinner with Kenneth Ma would be very handsome haha. A job at TVB haha now that would be a childhood dream come true.

Indeed. I miss some of the fun activities too though. Like when a group of us would spend the day together doing silly things

You could always invite him to walk you home once you're workmates :p Yeah that'd be so awesome.

It was easier to have fun though. I'd take enjoyment of the silliest of things. Now it ain't like that anymore. Be it good or bad.
The newest Amusing Dominance in the Wandering Land (笑傲江湖) is coming out in 2013. Don't know if it'll be any good.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

You could always invite him to walk you home once you're workmates :p Yeah that'd be so awesome.

It was easier to have fun though. I'd take enjoyment of the silliest of things. Now it ain't like that anymore. Be it good or bad.

That would be nice too haha. We can take the long way home XD I don't know if I can ever imagine myself working in the entertainment business. I always have that idea my parents put in my head about show biz being a dark dark place.

That's true. I try to think that as we get older we'll have other fun too. I had fun chatting with a colleague about how we don't like Twilight but read the books anyways XDDDDD

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Tacit Effigy
The newest Amusing Dominance in the Wandering Land (笑傲江湖) is coming out in 2013. Don't know if it'll be any good.
I believe this is a mainland production. Sadly the only person I recognize out of the cast is Wallace Huo, but I don't care much for him in ancient settings. He has a very modern face to me, which causes him to stick out in Ancient costumes.

Might be good though. I have a sudden urge to watch the old TVB version with Jackie Lui

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Tacit Effigy

Ah, you mean "Smiling Proud Wanderer" (that's what the dramas are called). I watched the trailer on youtube. It's called "Swordsman". Doesn't look bad, but I'm not sure I like the new Lingwu Chung.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

That would be nice too haha. We can take the long way home XD I don't know if I can ever imagine myself working in the entertainment business. I always have that idea my parents put in my head about show biz being a dark dark place.

That's true. I try to think that as we get older we'll have other fun too. I had fun chatting with a colleague about how we don't like Twilight but read the books anyways XDDDDD

xD It wouldn't believe it myself but I think I'd take the chance. It certainly is a dark place. Maybe more than some other businesses, but were there are people there will be schemes and lies, no matter where you work.

Last month we had a class reunion and one of my friends told me about how his girlfriend made him read Fifty Shades of Grey. Obviously it's about the same what I already thought it was. A hype over nothing big. biggrin But it was fun talking about books and movies. Another one was retelling the story of the Twilight movies too xD

Popular Genius

9,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Dereshi
happyfamily
Dereshi
happyfamily
Dereshi

You gonna watch it?

It might just be me, but the opening sequence couldn't convince me in the least.

It's like marmite- you either love it or not!

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

xD It wouldn't believe it myself but I think I'd take the chance. It certainly is a dark place. Maybe more than some other businesses, but were there are people there will be schemes and lies, no matter where you work.

Last month we had a class reunion and one of my friends told me about how his girlfriend made him read Fifty Shades of Grey. Obviously it's about the same what I already thought it was. A hype over nothing big. biggrin But it was fun talking about books and movies. Another one was retelling the story of the Twilight movies too xD

That's true, office politics is everywhere. Well certainly if an opportunity ever arose I would take a stab at it. In the meantime, I'll try to find a job in my major XD

Fifty shades of grey came up for us too. I haven't read it myself, but I heard it's quite repetitive after a while.

Random, but I am so sad the Crazy for history show is over crying I actually quite enjoyed the show while it lasted.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
happyfamily
Dereshi
happyfamily
Dereshi
happyfamily
Dereshi

You gonna watch it?

It's like marmite- you either love it or not!

You're right. Can't like everything. I'm rewatching Justice Bao 93 on VHS atm ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff