Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I recently got to watch Sin City: A Dame To Kill For on DVD (thanks to Netflix) and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Adaptation-induced plotholes aside, it was almost every bit as entertaining as the first film, and in my eyes it was ultimately fulfilling as a sequel.
When I read the reviews after watching it, I realized that several people were fixated on the problems that it had, and I found out that it was a box-office failure. After looking around, I've gathered that opinions on it are currently mixed. (some people, like me, think that it's a great sequel. Others think that it doesn't measure up to the original movie, and everyone else simply hasn't watched it yet.)

So my question is, have you seen the movie yet? And if so, what are your thoughts on it?

Hallowed Doll

15,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Vanquished Angel 50
Okay finally saw it after owning the dvd for like two-three months and loved it though you are right the reviews are mixed. It is easier to watch/understand when you throw the idea of a straight timeline out the window considering the stories bounce between a bit of time after the end of the first Sin City and into the past before the first one (The Dewight and Manute story sections an example of that). Once you got passed the timeline jumping it was good I thought. It provided interesting information on certain characters (Senator Rowark), provided backstory for previous stories in the first one (Dwight and Manute), and gave us a bit of closer for Nancy along with showing us just how bad she took Hartigan's suicide. Personally I would recommend people do a Sin City day and watch them together so the storylines actually mesh into each other easier, especially considering the release ga between the two movies.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff