Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scamp

Arizona Ranger
      I do know that one of the projects Benedict was involved in when he was cast as Holmes re-wrote things at the last second to include a lot of references. I just can't remember what it was. User Image Not a coincidence, but it's interesting at the least. Similar thing happened with Quatermass when Tennant was cast as the Tenth Doctor.

Also looking forward to Freeman and Cumberbatch as Bilbo and Smaug. Ugh. <3 Benny's voice is so similar to the one I heard in my head for dat dragon when I first read the Hobbit. *_*

lol I had eggs benedict this morning for breakfast.
Naw, it was s**t like Martin Freeman's grandfather was an army doctor invalided home after being shot, and then the completely stupid coincidence that ACD was good at football and had five children (lolRupertGraves).

I remember Cabin Pressure had a mystery-solving episode and John Finnemore made a point NOT to reference Sherlock Holmes, instead likening Benedict's character to, get this, Miss Marple. XDDDD

Ffffff both of them are going to be SO perfect. I love listening to Benedict talk about being Smaug, he's clearly THRILLED which is always a good sign, and Martin..! Just. We all know, I don't even need to say it. Ughthisisgonnabethebest and don't even let's get going about the brilliant REST of the cast...!

Tipsy Grabber

9,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Mistress Gambino

Ffffff both of them are going to be SO perfect. I love listening to Benedict talk about being Smaug, he's clearly THRILLED which is always a good sign, and Martin..! Just. We all know, I don't even need to say it. Ughthisisgonnabethebest and don't even let's get going about the brilliant REST of the cast...!

Omg yas, I am also very excited for The Hobbit, it is going to be sooooooooooooooo good jshfoisanfasvuibfkas.

**Spoilers**

Although I am sad that Smaug dies D:> That means we have to indirectly hear Benedict dying emotion_donotwant

Scamp

Lutheron
Mistress Gambino

Omg yas, I am also very excited for The Hobbit, it is going to be sooooooooooooooo good jshfoisanfasvuibfkas.

**Spoilers**

Although I am sad that Smaug dies D:> That means we have to indirectly hear Benedict dying emotion_donotwant
**SPOILERS**

Well, for those of us who saw Third Star, it's not like that one's anything new. emotion_8c Looking forward to only having to HEAR instead of WATCH! emotion_donotwant

don't worry we'll probably be getting another Ben's Characters Dying preview in series 2 of Sherlock, as well. :''D So we'll be prepared! It'll be okay!

**END SPOILERS**

yay our first spoilertags emotion_brofist

Damn My Leg's Significant Otter

Friendly Businesswoman

16,225 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
I heard Bene is coming to the states for his Frankenstein play. I believe he's playing 'the monster' for us.
I'm very tempted to go see it.

Scamp

iDeduce
I heard Bene is coming to the states for his Frankenstein play. I believe he's playing 'the monster' for us.
I'm very tempted to go see it.
WHAT
WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT THE ******** WHAT
WHAAAAAAAAAAT
I WAS CHUFFED TO BITS JUST TO HEAR THERE'S GONNA BE A DVD (after Christmas but whatevs I've a job now I can buy myself s**t) (and hopefully we'll have both versions on it)
BUT THIS
THIS
WHAT
WHERE DID YOU HEAR THIS I NEED TO KNOW.

/cynthia is a crazed benaddict

Friendly Businesswoman

16,225 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
http://www.theatermania.com/london/news/02-2011/nt-live-to-offer-two-versions-of-frankenstein-broa_33883.html

New York

Friendly Businesswoman

16,225 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
that doesn't look right....hold on that isn't the site I got my info from mine was 2012 not 2011

Anxious Shapeshifter

Oh, dear lord. <3 I saw that at the local movie theatre when they were streaming it live. Benny was the Monster that time, too.

The first twenty minutes was basically Cumberbum: The Motion Picture.

Ten people in the whole room. ;< But there was a huge lineup for Twilight. They were not among the worthy.

Scamp

I.. whu.. what's happening what ;c
There were New York screenings back in March

okay hang on I looked it up and... nothing. I can find nothing. :ccc /dashedhopes
oh well
It'd probably be in New York only, anyway, so I wouldn't get to see it regardless
:c

my own fault for being so late to the game anyway, lol! Will just have to wait for the DVD. emotion_dowant

V'only seen still photos but holy jesus, not in a creepy pseud-sexual way at all, I mean this completely literally and innocently, but he is BEAUTIFUL! Seriously a work of art, omg.

Friendly Businesswoman

16,225 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Sorry MG I guess I was wrong.
Well at least now you have eye candy. n_n

Scamp

iDeduce
Sorry MG I guess I was wrong.
Well at least now you have eye candy. n_n
No worries. Such is the nature of rumors, they occasionally have to be wrong. C:
It was a nice dream while it lasted! Thanks for coming here first to share such things, anyway. emotion_dowant

Friendly Businesswoman

16,225 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
still I wish I still had that site crying
I found it a few weeks ago while at work with nothing to do so it's not on my computers history.When I go there saterday I'll see what I can find, but I went to a site that has Bene's works on it and there was no listings of Frankenstein for 2012 in the us or anywhere for that matter crying and I was ready to buy tickets too ><

Hilarious Lunatic

Arizona Ranger
      Ah, don't mind me. I'm just a really bitchy purist. And I was at work while writing that post (grey text = work computer = oh ********, bitchmode activate ) so it's easy to come off as harsh. I started off in 1997 with the books, Brett, and that old DIC series, Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century. (Holmes and Watson were my first pairing. I REGRET NOTHING.)

Shirtless!Benedict.gif is totally my peace offering. :u

User Image

God damn, how is he so oddly built but insanely attractive at the same time.

Ohmygod, I am now a melted puddle mess all over the floor @w@

Hilarious Lunatic

Oh dear...Benedict's bum is quite lovely! o///o

And also, I've been reading Sherlock Holmes recently. My library has got "The Complete Sherlock Holmes" vols 1 and 2
Anywho, I've been thinking of how awesome it'd be for certain stories to get made into an episode.
There's this one called "The Gloria Scott" Also "The Musgrave Ritual" and "The Reigate Puzzle"
They're all pretty awesome and very clever!

Or maybe if they added certain aspects from them, as Moffat and Godtiss seem to have done already =w=

And I also hope that there's a 3rd series so that these things may happen >w<

And also during my reading, I've come across a quote which Sherlock says "It's a 3 pipe problem" and I was all emotion_awesome omg
And also the quote where Benedict-Sherlock says "I'd be nothing without my blogger" although, obviously, Doyle didn't use "blogger" XD

On a side note, kinda curious. Has anyone listened to Cabin Pressure? The radio show with Benedict in it? ninja It's brilliant! XD

*Finally, the end of le post~*

Scamp

The Fun Ghoul
Oh dear...Benedict's bum is quite lovely! o///o

And also, I've been reading Sherlock Holmes recently. My library has got "The Complete Sherlock Holmes" vols 1 and 2
Anywho, I've been thinking of how awesome it'd be for certain stories to get made into an episode.
There's this one called "The Gloria Scott" Also "The Musgrave Ritual" and "The Reigate Puzzle"
They're all pretty awesome and very clever!

Or maybe if they added certain aspects from them, as Moffat and Godtiss seem to have done already =w=

And I also hope that there's a 3rd series so that these things may happen >w<

And also during my reading, I've come across a quote which Sherlock says "It's a 3 pipe problem" and I was all emotion_awesome omg
And also the quote where Benedict-Sherlock says "I'd be nothing without my blogger" although, obviously, Doyle didn't use "blogger" XD

On a side note, kinda curious. Has anyone listened to Cabin Pressure? The radio show with Benedict in it? ninja It's brilliant! XD

*Finally, the end of le post~*
I'd honestly... I don't care that the Bruce-Partington story was a sort of re-do of The Naval Treaty, I LOVED that story (Treaty) and would be thrilled beyond belief to have even bits of it brought to our time period (because tbh it's just the bits that made me love it. I just... Our cuddly doctor was a bully! And my GOD that guy was annoying, it was the most hilarious thing to read even John "The Very Face Of Courtesy" Watson grow weary of his presence). Also The Adventure of the Yellow Face but tbh I don't think that'd be possible to bring forward, though I do love Holmes addressing that, yes, he DOES spin these grand theories on tiny details, and while usually he's right, sometimes he is WAY off the mark and he's completely cool with it. Just... Ahh, just LOVELOVELOVE. Lovelovelove. Love.

Also glad you (all) liked the Benebum gifs. Hope you saved them because idk if tinypic goes through and removes things it doesn't like but those might be something it doesn't like.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff