Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Shapeshifter

Mistress Gambino
Okay I could quote that forever but my own personal quote tree quota was filled and I had to trim. :c
also fine okay geez Trustory on the set of three, was watching To The Ends Of The Earth with my hubby and he paused to take a phone call RIGHT when it panned down to that glorious bum. He didn't come back for an hour. I didn't move an inch that whole time. I regret nothing. okay here gif links -- from The Last Enemy: http://i52.tinypic.com/11udikl.jpg -- from To The Ends Of The Earth: http://i56.tinypic.com/n69vdu.jpg / http://i55.tinypic.com/1zn395u.jpg / http://i56.tinypic.com/v4co76.jpg

oh
my
god
ohhhhh cartoons what were you even DOING back then I can't..! Why does nobody have the balls you did, 90s cartoons?! I can't... I can't process this right now alongside our Benedict's Beautiful Muscles thing this is just too much my brain is short-circuiting.
Okay, so
I'm assuming that bad-a** lady kickin' in doors and having weirdawesome hair is Ladystrade? And... I can't, I... I'm assuming cryogenic freezing happened? And Watson... fell... off... a cliff and was resurrected as an android? I feel like I'm misinterpreting that bit because wtf Holmes is the one who goes toppling off cliffs with his enemies so I am really confused but
I can't
I cannot justify legit watching this at my age, and I've already got my four year old brother-in-law doing the Inspector Gadget and Jackie Chan Adventures thing for me and if I make him like this, too, then the jig'll be up and just
can I? I think I can. I think I will. Okay. DOING THIS.
      Doesn't mean I can't paste it into this post. 8D
      User Image

adergfaergbretgfvbae-

My brain has joined yours in the land of short circuiting.
      Yep. Das some Ladystrade.
      Apparently he was preserved in honey or something like that. Since they found some perfectly preserved in an Egyptian tomb this one time and the producers were like "OH. BEES. THIS COULD WORK."
      Lestrade just called the 'droid Watson cause she needed something to call him. Later in the same episode, he scans all the books and somehow gains actual!Watson's personality. He's so aderpable sometimes it's awesome.
      And did I mention the episode where they go to the moon and fight giant werewolf things yet? Oh 90s cartoons. <3

Scamp

Arizona Ranger
      User Image

adergfaergbretgfvbae-

Apparently he was preserved in honey or something like that. Since they found some perfectly preserved in an Egyptian tomb this one time and the producers were like "OH. BEES. THIS COULD WORK."
      Lestrade just called the 'droid Watson cause she needed something to call him. Later in the same episode, he scans all the books and somehow gains actual!Watson's personality. He's so aderpable sometimes it's awesome.
      And did I mention the episode where they go to the moon and fight giant werewolf things yet? Oh 90s cartoons. <3
GENIUS.

okay so
honestly that's incredibly believable
if anybody would preserve his body in ******** honey, Sherlock Holmes would. It's for science or some s**t, I 'on't even...
WEREWOLF THINGS ON THE MOON ARE YOU EVEN
SERIOUSLY I
I CAN'T COMPLETE SENTENCES WHAT THE ******** IS THIS

I'm just amused at android Watson because of Star Trek TNG and Data's Holmes phase. Androids as far as the fandom can see, everybody androids!

Tipsy Grabber

9,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Mistress Gambino
Arizona Ranger
      User Image

adergfaergbretgfvbae-

GENIUS.

okay so
if anybody would preserve his body in ******** honey, Sherlock Holmes would. It's for science or some s**t, I 'on't even...
SERIOUSLY I

I'm just amused at android Watson because of Star Trek TNG and Data's Holmes phase. Androids as far as the fandom can see, everybody androids!

OMG WHY IS THERE HALF NAKED BENEDICT

Witty Hunter

8,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Voter 100
  • Friendly 100
Mistress Gambino
SolrSurfr3
Aw, man! If I'd known about that thread, I'd have subscribed in a second. Those guys are my two new favorite actors after watching Sherlock. biggrin

I knoooooow! I tend to hate cliffhangers as a rule, but as far as cliffhangers go, that one was masterfully done. I mean, I thought ending off with John and Sherlock engaging in witty banter would've been a pretty decent way to close. But then Moriarty came BACK!! Normally I don't get surprised easily when it comes to TV shows, but I did NOT see that one coming. biggrin
Bah, one of these days I might remake it, but tbh I don't really want to since I'm already mucking this thread up with my big fat asexy crushes and it had rather been my intention to, as the thread's creator, be the level-headed one but lolnope sorry Benedict's cheekbones, Martin's being chiseled out of marshmallow, and all the blatant eyesex ruined any chance of that oh well Kitteh gets to be the mature respectful one now IT'S ALL UP YOU YOU, KITTEH.

It was totes sneaky, that cliffhanger, wun' it? What're the chances, y'think, of that being there primarily to ensure interest in a series 2? XD

@gifparty: I promise to contribute to this once I'm on the actual computer with all my quality gifs, so keep the party strong until tonight. >:'D

@Kitteh: WHAT! Well! You should do that before December, then. C:

I'd say about 110% positive. It was a good method, though. Impossibly cruel, but now I definitely want to watch the next season.
Course I would've watched it anyway, if only for the glorious subtext. XD Is it just me, or is this the show that writes its own slash?

Scamp

Lutheron
Mistress Gambino
Arizona Ranger
      User Image

adergfaergbretgfvbae-

GENIUS.

okay so
SERIOUSLY I

HOW DID YOU MISS THE SNEAKY FULLY-NAKED BENEDICT ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE

@Surfr: DUDE it TOTALLY DOES OMG. But apparently only if we were watching for it to begin with... I watched it long-distance with my mom once (and got her into Netflix in the process because she didn't like illegal streaming YAY Netflix!) and she didn't see ANYTHING gay AT ALL at ANY point whatsoever, nor did my dad who is usually pretty perceptive to such things, soooo... I don't know what is wrong with us that we clearly watch for it inherently, but I hope we never change.

Only complaint about it TOTALLY wanting us to slash it is when I just don't ******** want any slash. It's harder than I thought to find a good brofic, and I've LONG since given up on ace!Sherlock fic in the BBC fandom since it's mostly Ivory Novelist now Oxford's gone on hiatus and Ivory's just doing idk the ******** what, so if I want to explore the possibilities of an ace relationship I have to ******** write it myself and then I just mirror my own, laaaaame. Especially-since-I-got-a-Moriarty-instead-of-a-Sherlock-it-was-an-honest-mistake-really-they're-two-sides-of-the-same-coin-but-as-the-Watson-I-failed-pretty-hard-there-oops-oh-well
Or when I just want some ******** modernized canon adventures is that too much to ask? :c

Tipsy Grabber

9,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Mistress Gambino
Lutheron
Mistress Gambino
Arizona Ranger
      User Image

adergfaergbretgfvbae-

GENIUS.

okay so
SERIOUSLY I

HOW DID YOU MISS THE SNEAKY FULLY-NAKED BENEDICT ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE

@Surfr: DUDE it TOTALLY DOES OMG. But apparently only if we were watching for it to begin with... I watched it long-distance with my mom once (and got her into Netflix in the process because she didn't like illegal streaming YAY Netflix!) and she didn't see ANYTHING gay AT ALL at ANY point whatsoever, nor did my dad who is usually pretty perceptive to such things, soooo... I don't know what is wrong with us that we clearly watch for it inherently, but I hope we never change.

Only complaint about it TOTALLY wanting us to slash it is when I just don't ******** want any slash. It's harder than I thought to find a good brofic, and I've LONG since given up on ace!Sherlock fic in the BBC fandom since it's mostly Ivory Novelist now Oxford's gone on hiatus and Ivory's just doing idk the ******** what, so if I want to explore the possibilities of an ace relationship I have to ******** write it myself and then I just mirror my own, laaaaame. Especially-since-I-got-a-Moriarty-instead-of-a-Sherlock-it-was-an-honest-mistake-really-they're-two-sides-of-the-same-coin-but-as-the-Watson-I-failed-pretty-hard-there-oops-oh-well

WAT OMG YOU FIEND
I DON'T SEE IT BTW
OH PREV NOT FRONT
I STILL DON'T SEE IT BTW.
I HAVE FAILED
OH I SEE IT NOW YOU SNEAKY

Scamp

Lutheron
WAT OMG YOU FIEND
I DON'T SEE IT BTW
OH PREV NOT FRONT
I HAVE FAILED
THERE'S USING YER NOGGIN! GOOD JOB YOU CRACKED THE CASE OF THE MISSING CLOTHES.

Tipsy Grabber

9,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Mistress Gambino
Lutheron
WAT OMG YOU FIEND
I DON'T SEE IT BTW
OH PREV NOT FRONT
I HAVE FAILED

YAY, WHARE'S MY BADGE

Scamp

Lutheron
Mistress Gambino
Lutheron
WAT OMG YOU FIEND
I DON'T SEE IT BTW
OH PREV NOT FRONT
I HAVE FAILED

YAY, WHARE'S MY BADGE
It's in your heart.

Tipsy Grabber

9,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Mistress Gambino
Lutheron
Mistress Gambino
Lutheron
WAT OMG YOU FIEND
I DON'T SEE IT BTW
OH PREV NOT FRONT
I HAVE FAILED

YAY, WHARE'S MY BADGE
It's in your heart.

WHAT. emotion_donotwant SOMEONE GET ME A KNIFE.

Anxious Shapeshifter

Mistress Gambino
Arizona Ranger

User Image
GENIUS.

okay so
SERIOUSLY I

SCIEEEEENCE.
      HOUNDS OF THE BASKERVILLES.
      FAVOURITE EPISODE BECAUSE WATSON GETS TO BE A TOTAL BAMF, LIKE HE'S EVER NOT.
      And get this. Get this. It was written by Martha Moran. emotion_dowant
      And there's an adaptation of Sussex Vampire that's totally awesome, too.

I LOVE YOU MY CRAZY 125 YEAR OLD FANDOM. emotion_kirakira

Wheezing Codger

I may or may not have saved all those nakie Benedict gifs to my computer 8'DD

Hey do you guys ever think of Eggs Benedict when you look at his name/hear it?

Tipsy Grabber

9,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Kitteh Princess
I may or may not have saved all those nakie Benedict gifs to my computer 8'DD

Hey do you guys ever think of Eggs Benedict when you look at his name/hear it?

MAYBE emotion_dowant

Yes tbqh

Scamp

Arizona Ranger
Mistress Gambino
Arizona Ranger

User Image
GENIUS.

okay so
SERIOUSLY I

SCIEEEEENCE.
      HOUNDS OF THE BASKERVILLES.
      FAVOURITE EPISODE BECAUSE WATSON GETS TO BE A TOTAL BAMF, LIKE HE'S EVER NOT.
      And get this. Get this. It was written by Martha Moran. emotion_dowant
      And there's an adaptation of Sussex Vampire that's totally awesome, too.

I LOVE YOU MY CRAZY 125 YEAR OLD FANDOM. emotion_kirakira
I'll have to watch that when I'm at home. O: /breaktimeawyeah
I just LOVE crazy coincidences like that.

I can't remember the ones currently that pertain to our current cast being destined for their roles, but they're there. O:

@Kitteh: I... No, but thanks for playing into my food kink. C"":<

Anxious Shapeshifter

I do know that one of the projects Benedict was involved in when he was cast as Holmes re-wrote things at the last second to include a lot of references. I just can't remember what it was. User Image Not a coincidence, but it's interesting at the least. Similar thing happened with Quatermass when Tennant was cast as the Tenth Doctor.

Also looking forward to Freeman and Cumberbatch as Bilbo and Smaug. Ugh. <3 Benny's voice is so similar to the one I heard in my head for dat dragon when I first read the Hobbit. *_*

lol I had eggs benedict this morning for breakfast.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff