Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've heard that they won't be making a Series 3. Extremely disappointed, but looking forward to Series 2.

Wheezing Codger

a new classic

WHAT IS YOUR SOURCE FOR THIS

Scamp

a new classic
I've heard that they won't be making a Series 3. Extremely disappointed, but looking forward to Series 2.
I'm with Kitteh in requiring source. Last I'd heard they were already under contract for a third series by the time series two filming began. And since the last episode is gonna be Reichenbach they'll most likely be ending on another cliffhanger (lololol get it because that's how Holmes survives, by hanging on to the cliff-face at the Falls).

Scamp

Kitteh Princess
Oh hay, I have an idea 8D
Maybe put up links to the 3 episodes and the unaired pilot? Like where to download (:
DAMN THAT REMIND ME I STILL HAVEN'T WATCHED THAT UNAIRED PILOT. D8
Iiiiii don't think I can LEGALLY do that, but I do support the sentiment. How would it be if I instead insinuated that I would provide download links if contacted via PM or maybe via tumblr?

Do we wanna share tumblrs or something for a Gaia/tumblr alliance?
Like I said, "I heard." It was all over tumblr a couple of months ago, like 1000's of reblogs. But I wasn't able to get an accurate source.
It was just this thing that said "Benedict says no to Sherlock Se3"
I hope that it isn't true. Sherlock is currently one of my favorite shows.

Scamp

a new classic
Like I said, "I heard." It was all over tumblr a couple of months ago, like 1000's of reblogs. But I wasn't able to get an accurate source.
I am very glad I was probably on my tumblr<life hiatus when that was going around, then, that would have broken my heart. D;
I hope he wouldn't, since I get the impression from various interviews that he's really quite fond of this work, but tbh I actually wouldn't be TOO surprised since he's very quickly scaling the fame ladder, as Martin will be as The Hobbit publicity ramps up closer to release and both our boys are sure to be quite busy, and Ben likes to run himself ragged when he's working.
I do hope it keeps on, though, if they can manage it. :c
Mistress Gambino
a new classic
I am very glad I was probably on my tumblr<life hiatus when that was going around, then, that would have broken my heart. D;
I hope he wouldn't, since I get the impression from various interviews that he's really quite fond of this work, but tbh I actually wouldn't be TOO surprised since he's very quickly scaling the fame ladder, as Martin will be as The Hobbit publicity ramps up closer to release and both our boys are sure to be quite busy, and Ben likes to run himself ragged when he's working.
I do hope it keeps on, though, if they can manage it. :c

I too hope that they make a series three. If I'm not mistaken, there was also a rumor going around about them not making a series two (this was way before they started filming.) Yet a series 2 will be coming out. So hopefully either the whole thing is a hoax (I was unable to find an article on Google) or they'll change their mind.

Scamp

a new classic
I too hope that they make a series three. If I'm not mistaken, there was also a rumor going around about them not making a series two (this was way before they started filming.) Yet a series 2 will be coming out. So hopefully either the whole thing is a hoax (I was unable to find an article on Google) or they'll change their mind.
It's kind of hilarious to watch the sort of things that get assumed in this fandom thanks to the massive wait for series 2, isn't it? C:

Like this whole Adler thing. I:

Speaking of, what do you chaps think about all that? Adler/Holmes: romance or no? What are you expecting for A Scandal In Belgravia?

Wheezing Codger

Mistress Gambino

Ooh, I see. Well, I just followed you, haha. :]
And what do you mean by an alliance? o; Like all of us Sherlockians share our tumblr names, or we make a tumblr for this thread or...whut. xD; /confused

Scamp

Kitteh Princess
Mistress Gambino

Ooh, I see. Well, I just followed you, haha. :]
And what do you mean by an alliance? o; Like all of us Sherlockians share our tumblr names, or we make a tumblr for this thread or...whut. xD; /confused
Ionno. I honestly just like collecting people over there in Cool Person Land. biggrin ;;; And since tumblr seems to be Sherlock Fan HQ or some s**t...

Whatever, really. I actually am kind of fond of not doing a list of us since I don't like having to "sign up" to be a "recognized/acknowledged" fan of anything but we are some cool-a** folk, us.

Wheezing Codger

Ah, okay. xD Well, we've got our tumblahs in our signatures so... //coughs feel free to follow 8D
Except it's not PURE Sherlock, but still heheh.
OMG CAN I JUST LINK TO THIS REALLY SEXY SET OF PHOTOS OF HIM OMFG
JUST LOOK AT HIS RAYS OF SEXYSUNSHINE AHHHH

Oh, and about Adler/Holmes, I am SO excited for that episode.
My unpopular opinion about Holmes and Watson is that Sherlock is just so happy he has a friend that it looks like he's in love, but he's not. He loves John, but not for gay reasons, he's just so excited that he actually has a friend and someone who doesn't spit insults at him.
That's why I'm hoping that Sherlock will be in love with Irene, not really sexually, but because she almost matches his wit, which again connects to Sherlock loving his work.

Er sorry if that didn't make sense.

Scamp

Kitteh Princess
Ah, okay. xD Well, we've got our tumblahs in our signatures so... //coughs feel free to follow 8D
Except it's not PURE Sherlock, but still heheh.
OMG CAN I JUST LINK TO THIS REALLY SEXY SET OF PHOTOS OF HIM OMFG
JUST LOOK AT HIS RAYS OF SEXYSUNSHINE AHHHH

Oh, and about Adler/Holmes, I am SO excited for that episode.
My unpopular opinion about Holmes and Watson is that Sherlock is just so happy he has a friend that it looks like he's in love, but he's not. He loves John, but not for gay reasons, he's just so excited that he actually has a friend and someone who doesn't spit insults at him.
That's why I'm hoping that Sherlock will be in love with Irene, not really sexually, but because she almost matches his wit, which again connects to Sherlock loving his work.

Er sorry if that didn't make sense.
UGH I CANNOT EVEN... DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON MY LOVE OF BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH OKAY. I GET REALLY CREEPY REALLY FAST AND JUST EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM. Seriously, physical attraction isn't usually my thing, but it is for him. *o*

@AdlerTalk: So, like... He loves the challenge of Irene, sort of? Did I interpret that right? O:

IMO his infatuation with her is very similar to his infatuation with Moriarty, rather than anything romantic. It seems to me that Sherlock doesn't really tolerate people emotionally (besides John and, to a certain extent, Mrs. Hudson and Mycroft), just as a matter of his very nature, and I don't think Irene's going to change that. Sherlock wouldn't mix work and pleasure any more than he already does.

Wheezing Codger

Mistress Gambino

I mean the fact that she is so intelligent brings her up to his level, and for Sherlock, there aren't many people that are near his level. I think that he does love the challenge of Irene, but I think he also loves Irene herself.
But I have no idea. I'm basing my thoughts on the Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes episode with Irene Adler. Modern Sherlock is bound to be different.
Ugh ugh but I wish he'd love Irene because then I could picture myself as her and --creepy fandom-ness ensues--

Scamp

Kitteh Princess
Mistress Gambino

I mean the fact that she is so intelligent brings her up to his level, and for Sherlock, there aren't many people that are near his level. I think that he does love the challenge of Irene, but I think he also loves Irene herself.
But I have no idea. I'm basing my thoughts on the Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes episode with Irene Adler. Modern Sherlock is bound to be different.
Ugh ugh but I wish he'd love Irene because then I could picture myself as her and --creepy fandom-ness ensues--
Gurrrrl if you want to be imagining yourself as any lady character, your best bet would be that housemaid he got "engaged" to in... gosh, was it the Charles Augustus Milverton case? I think it was, but don't you quote me on that (either way, he TOTALLY just straight up played her for all she was worth just to get into Milverton's study when the man was out and then NOPE NEVER MENTIONED EVER AGAIN LOL).

Anyway you saw my tumblr you saw my thoughts on the matter but if anyone wants to see then here.
But am I, like... I think I might be stupid or something, because I totally failed, both in canon and in said series with Jeremy Brett and this trend will likely continue as I wiggle my way into the old old old series', to see anything even remotely romantic about the pair of them. D; What am I missing here?

sorry for the absence was having a massive sulk followed by cathartic fic marathon back now though lol

Tipsy Grabber

9,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Kitteh Princess
Oh hay, I have an idea 8D
Maybe put up links to the 3 episodes and the unaired pilot? Like where to download (:
DAMN THAT REMIND ME I STILL HAVEN'T WATCHED THAT UNAIRED PILOT. D8
[/quote
The pilot is really good. It's really fast paced and leaves you guessing.
I'm thinking it's because they had half the time in the pilot as compared to an actual episode, BUT STILL

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff