Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Healer

11,025 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
Pr0dlgy
I just recalled episode1 where Chad said that she was a celebrity (Cher obviamente) impersonator while still doing drag. The Snatch Game clip where she said as Cher "I don't know why they book me on these chicken s**t gigs" also came up.

Somehow I feel like her, Latrice (personality for days) or Sharon (stick to what you know) will slay. Kenya and Willam will do okay... Dida, Jiggly, Milan, or Phi Phi will be slain.

I 100% agree!

Cool Loser

23,400 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Champion 300
  • Overstocked 200
*gaaags at who is sent home* She deserved it but oh wow. I thought she would pull through. Milan is next to go I bet. I hope so now.

My review (Snatch Game/Runway):

Sharon - EPIC! / Her runway was so damn ON POINT!
Milan - Just go... fail. / See? Why couldn't you do her for the Snatch Game?
Willam - FUNNY! / That runway was GREAT!
Latrice - Not as good as I would have thought, but okay. / She is elegance personified, but that orange face has got to go.
Jiggly - Eh... / I'm over Jiggly's runway. They're all so damn repetitive. STEP IT THE ******** UP!
Phi Phi - Ugh... send her home! / Yeah... send her home!
Dida - BAD! She looked NOTHING like Wendy and her impersonation was mediocre at best. / Her makeup was MUCH better than before, but the outfit was a flop.
Kenya - Yeah, you deserved what you got / GORGEOUS runway presentation though!
Chad - MY FAVORITE BY FAR! So much diva!!! / I LIVED for the giraffe realness!

Willam... okay... that was either contrived.... or maybe both. Milan lip-synced better but Kenya was BY FAR the better performer.

Fashionable Vampire

LOGO's website is down, so I can't access the episode.
Nevertheless, we shall move on!

8 queens left in the running, episode 6 airs next week.
Start predicting on who is sashaying away!

4,750 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
best episode of the season? i think so!

& regarding willam's emotional speech on the main stage: i'm not about to weigh in on whether or not it was "genuine" because genuine, as we understand it, doesn't exist in a reality show - especially one like 'drag race,' which is all about toying with our notions of "reality." i think it was probably a mixture of a lot of things: desire to appear vulnerable before the judges, desire to appear more multifaceted, sadness over sending "friends" home, general nerves/stress. at this stage in the game especially, every move becomes increasingly more calculated toward winning. i'd say that about all the contestants, but i guess what's different about willam/willam's character is that he has, from the start, presented a sort of cut-throat bitchy persona that directs everything back toward the trajectory of the show. from what i've seen, he never lets us forget that this is a competition & that he "will" win. it's part of his shtick, being a ruthless diva. since he's a drag queen, he often pivots that shtick & turns it into humor - or in this case, vulnerability. maybe in doing so he's actually one of the most "genuine" queens this season?

i'm finding him more & more fascinating. i rilly wanna see him lip-sync...

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Yogurto
best episode of the season? i think so!

& regarding willam's emotional speech on the main stage: i'm not about to weigh in on whether or not it was "genuine" because genuine, as we understand it, doesn't exist in a reality show - especially one like 'drag race,' which is all about toying with our notions of "reality." i think it was probably a mixture of a lot of things: desire to appear vulnerable before the judges, desire to appear more multifaceted, sadness over sending "friends" home, general nerves/stress. at this stage in the game especially, every move becomes increasingly more calculated toward winning. i'd say that about all the contestants, but i guess what's different about willam/willam's character is that he has, from the start, presented a sort of cut-throat bitchy persona that directs everything back toward the trajectory of the show. from what i've seen, he never lets us forget that this is a competition & that he "will" win. it's part of his shtick, being a ruthless diva. since he's a drag queen, he often pivots that shtick & turns it into humor - or in this case, vulnerability. maybe in doing so he's actually one of the most "genuine" queens this season?

i'm finding him more & more fascinating. i rilly wanna see him lip-sync...

According to comments he posted on some reviews, he has stated it was genuine tears.. whether or not those tears were calculated or not is up to interpretation. Either way, he's probably the most intelligent and witty queens on the show and knows exactly which moves to use to stay in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he hit top 3 for that alone.

ImBeza's Bae

Lady Girl

25,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
I wouldn't be surprised if Willam ended up in the top 5.
I have doubt that she'll make it to the top 3 though.
Her personality, though good for the competition due to being very cutthroat and "in it to win it", isn't that great overall.
I think she's pretty hilarious for the most part, but she seems very one sided.
I do believe the tears were real, but the speech was not.
I think she felt vulnerable but then turned it around to keep up that ruthless b***h facade.

Haven't seen any clips yet for the next episode, but I just want to see Milan or Jiggly go.

Also, I don't want to see "Citrice" Royale's sunkist face anymore crying
I mean, I want her to stay in the show, just not that mask...

O.G. Ladykiller

8,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Praying for Dida too win some wigs or something. Love her but her hair situation is tragic.

Fashionable Vampire

A head's up for my subscribers:

LOGO is still under repairs.
NewNowNext just got back online this morning.

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Sifen Yamishi
A head's up for my subscribers:

LOGO is still under repairs.
NewNowNext just got back online this morning.

It's back up now, for anyone who hasn't watched the episode yet.

Also, an official statement from Willam herself regarding the 'crocodile tears', I'll post the relevant info below if you don't want to read the whole review:

Quote:
Willam has an unexpected emotional moment. She shows sadness for the girls who will be left to duel, and says that she doesn't have a lot of "Girl Friends" and doesn't hang out with a lot of Drag Queens. Her last statement about sadness when sending the girls home when she wins leaves the rest of the queens (and audience) wondering if this was sincere. I actually had a chance to speak with Willam today regarding his upcoming visit to DC on March 10th where he will be performing with myself and the Ladies of Town Drag Show (Showtime 10:30pm - shameless, I know) and we discussed this moment. I asked him what was the deal, was this just editing or was he/she genuinely sad?

Willam told me that this was the first time that it set in that these girls would be leaving and that he would most likely have to say goodbye to one of them and he told me that the tears were genuine and the last comment was sorta a "Laughing to the tears" kinda moment.

So the last bit about "So I can win" seemed like an ego trip thing when actually she had chuckled at her dumb joke right after a genuine moment. It was edited out to make her seem more conceited.

Cool Loser

23,400 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Champion 300
  • Overstocked 200
I have to agree with Latrice, Dida, and Jiggly... say what you want about Willam because in the end the b***h turns it!

Fashionable Vampire

Huzzah!
The site's back in order!

And we get this awesome piece of media to boot:
http://www.newnownext.com/rupaul-drag-race-nicole-paige-brooks/02/2012/

Episode 5 is finally online:
http://www.logotv.com/video/episode-5-season-4-the-snatch-game/1679833/playlist.jhtml#vid=733020

http://www.logotv.com/video/misc/743305/bonus-scenes-episode-5-season-4-the-snatch-game.jhtml#id=1679768

http://www.logotv.com/video/untucked-episode-5-more-from-the-snatch-game/1679854/playlist.jhtml#vid=743581

http://www.logotv.com/video/misc/744186/drag-ya-later-with-john-jon-episode-5.jhtml#id=1678169

Episode 6 previews:
http://www.logotv.com/video/misc/735848/episode-6-season-4-float-your-boat-preview-1.jhtml#id=1677741

ImBeza's Bae

Lady Girl

25,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Xeno Incognito

Damn that editing!
Making us think Willam is more of a b***h than she really is haha

Fashionable Vampire

NewNowNext has lipsyncforyourlife.tumblr.com has a nominee for the awards, Willam as a nominee as well.

Poll looks to be really tight this week.
Finally got to watch the latest ep!

Latrice speaks the truth: 5Gs PUH-LEASE!

Kenya's Beyonce was really whack

Loved Chad Michaels and Sharon Needles
Loved Willam

Still see that 5oclock

They're making her a b***h, but she's pretty smart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items