Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,750 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Pr0dlgy
I was shocked to see Milan go to the bottom, but the b***h TURNED IT!

gotta disagree with you here. milan has been scoring around a B+ with me all season, but i thought her lip-sync was one of the series's worst. it was simultaneously over-the-top & empty of energy. it felt like milan was pulling out all the "shocking" tricks previous queens have used: ripping her wig off, stripping down, taking her heels off, etc. i was like...rilly? if i saw this at a club i'd be let down. lip-syncing shouldn't be only about crazy hysterical energy. it felt rote, expected, a bit cliche. just my two cents.

Generous Giver

Yogurto

I agree completely.
She got lucky she didnt have to dance against any of the other girls.
Whats the sense in starting the lip sync in drag if youre just gonna end up in a pair of pantyhose at the end?
Just start in the panty hose so you can focus on your routine...

Fashionable Vampire

Just a head's up!

LOGO has just confirmed a "Drag U" season 3.
However, I will not be making the thread for it.

Cool Loser

23,400 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Champion 300
  • Overstocked 200
Yogurto
The beauty of this thread is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My opinion is no better than yours and vice versa.

If your intention was to get into a debate about who's right or not then I refuse to take part... and I respectfully ask that no one quotes me from this point on if they disagree with me, especially if it comes off as "No, you're wrong".

Cool Loser

23,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Overstocked 200
Sifen Yamishi
Just a head's up!

LOGO has just confirmed a "Drag U" season 3.
However, I will not be making the thread for it.
But... but...

*cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy*

Fashionable Vampire

Pr0dlgy
But... but...

*cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy*

I kinda fell of the wagon in terms of "Drag U" to be honest.

After getting halfway through in season 2 of it, I just gave up.
I can't believe I forgot to mention my delight at the lovely Vancome Lady shout out! I've been a fan of MADtv for almost five years, and the minute I saw Nicole Sullivan, I was like, "THE BYITCH IS BYACK!" That woman is a MADtv legend, and I was so glad to see Ru acknowledge her influence on the show. Kudos, Ru! XD

7,950 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I don't like Milan. BUT I did LOVE her gold outfit! It was so 70's disco!

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Gothic Ballet Boi

I would have liked it more if it wasn't all over the floor by the end of her LSFYL. I think Pandora said it best in her review:

Quote:
The two queens who end up in the bottom two are Milan and Madame LaQueer. What’s the smell in the air? It’s called Desperation and it’s the fragrance Milan is featuring. In what has got to be one of the oddest Lip Sync For Your Lives, Milan did just about everything but flash her balls to get attention.

Sinnoh Lopunny's Husband

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. xxxxxxxxx
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. xxxxxxxxx

gengar ⊗ USE D ⊗ meanlook!!

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

I haven't watched episode 4 yet...
But today I did end up watching Episode 3 and Untucked.
God, this show makes me so happy asffasncjahkf.

Im surprised Jiggly is still in.
.____.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

↳ user⊗ can⊗ n o⊗lo nger⊗ escape!! ↴

Cool Loser

23,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Overstocked 200
Xeno Incognito
Gothic Ballet Boi

I would have liked it more if it wasn't all over the floor by the end of her LSFYL. I think Pandora said it best in her review:

Quote:
The two queens who end up in the bottom two are Milan and Madame LaQueer. What’s the smell in the air? It’s called Desperation and it’s the fragrance Milan is featuring. In what has got to be one of the oddest Lip Sync For Your Lives, Milan did just about everything but flash her balls to get attention.
Wait... Pandora has a review blog?!

Link plz... mrgreen

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Pr0dlgy
Xeno Incognito
Gothic Ballet Boi

Quote:
Wait... Pandora has a review blog?!

Link plz... mrgreen

Link

4,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Just watched Episode 4 last night and here are some ramblings!

First off, Sharon made me nerdgasm when she made the Mario reference. ONE OF US ONE OF US. She just doesn't stop being awesome.

Secondly, Willam's name dropping is getting out of hand and needs an intervention. Doesn't she understand her fame mongering is hurting-well, annoying the people around her?

Thirdly, WHAT THE ******** IS GOING ON WITH LATRICE'S MAKEUP??

User Image

Seriously, Y SO YELLOW?

She didn't have this problem in the first couple episodes to my recollection. Did she like run out of foundation in her shade or something? Hate ta clock ya gurl, but I only do it cause I expect better from you!

Now regarding the challenge itself, I have to say... I thought both of the end results were turble. Mostly because of the shitty script but also partly due to bad acting on some of the girls' parts.

Latrice... shouldn't have won. She wasn't bad but her character was just the stock "sassy black lady" and really didn't do anything for me. She did a competent job of giving her director what he wanted, it's just unfortunately that director has terrible taste in my opinion. Just a boring, one note performance to me.

Dida on the other hand...

User Image

I think Dida gave a MUCH stronger performance and actually engaged me and I liked how she and Sharon seemed to play off each other's energy. She should have won but I guess she didn't because she was on the losing team and Ru probably wanted to make a "full circle" moment happen for Latrice, which is cool and I wasn't really upset about the choice because DAMN does she deserve it for what she went through. I thought I had it tough, just listening to Latrice's story makes me feel like the entitled middle class white girl I really am.

User Image

I laughed my a** off at what a horribly shitty actor Milan turned out to be, especially given her dubious degree in acting. She totally pissed me off when she was trying to make Sharon out to be some sort of insubordinate team-mate when she did THE SAME DAMN THING in the last challenge, only worse! Sharon was genuinely trying to help, whereas Milan was trying to totally usurp Kenya's position. Total hypocrite and totally boring and talentless performer.

User Image

Her later lip sync was just a desperate series of attempts to do every conceivable thing that's already been done to win. It read less as performance and more as awkward sequence of splits and stripping. Even when she's trying to be amazing she's still boring and unoriginal. I can't wait to see her leave next episode.

Madame and Kenya were both ridiculously terrible. Madame was attempting a ridiculous accent she had no business doing and Kenya, well, honestly... I don't think Kenya is very smart. I think she's talented, but I think because she's so pretty she's just never really had to put effort into her intellect. She just always comes off as really dumb and lacking in foresight.

I found it odd how Willam kept saying the same things I was thinking throughout this episode towards the end. She took the words right out of my mouth regarding the whole "dewigging" thing. I find it unnecessary and distracting. It's a sign of desperation, not of inspiration really. I was also impressed by how Will was trying to get Sharon and Phi Phi to calm down backstage. She said the same thing I would have said in that situation.

Sharon was quirky and fab, AS ALWAYS.

That Mulchnick guy can suck it.

So yeah, I'm overall glad Latrice won the challenge and happy to be rid of Madame. Hopefully next ep Milan bites the dust.

Cheers!

Fashionable Vampire

Loving the quote by Sharon.
: D

ImBeza's Bae

Lady Girl

25,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Sifen Yamishi
I kinda fell of the wagon in terms of "Drag U" to be honest.

After getting halfway through in season 2 of it, I just gave up.

I agree with you there.
I couldn't even get through season 2.
Probably saw only a few episodes and gave up completely.
It lost it's charm for me.
Though, the whole concept is lacking in the first place.
Something rubs me the wrong way about men dressed as women teaching women how to be women.
It's like, wha?
Though, I think I just don't like makeover shows in general XD

But...The Dragulator do not lie, huntee.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff