Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,750 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Rose die Valkyrie
Yogurto
“Even my celebrity is a critique on celebrity. It’s a wink-wink,” he said. “I realize in studying our society and culture that it’s hypocritical and not really real. I think that has always been the role of a drag queen: To remind the culture that it is not to be taken seriously and that you are not who you think you are, per the description on your driver’s license.”

- rupaul theorizing about drag.

read more in this article. it's pretty sickning! http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/02/01/020112-arts-tv-rupaul-1-5/

Thank you so much for posting such an insightful article!

I can really relate to Ru's spiritual views actually, though I tend to be a bit secular and am atheist. I think there is some sort of universal consciousness we're all tapped into and that our bodies are merely a vessel for our minds. Life is an experience and you should focus on the people in it, not the shallow material things.

right? this article reminded me how awesome ru is (as if being the world's most famous FKNG DRAG QUEEN wasn't awesome enough?). i also love that she's a total religious mutt like myself, pickin' & choosin' from spiritual paths around the world. much in the way a drag queen picks & chooses from various cultural moments??? is drag a religion???

this article made me think big thoughts.

oh & i LOVE that ru wears a little secret service-style earpiece that tells her jokes to say.

Fashionable Vampire

Posting the results to the front page this morning and next episode has the girls making commercials!
Werq!

3nodding

Episode 2 media as well as episode 3 previews:
http://www.logotv.com/video/episode-2-season-4-wtf-wrestlings-trashiest-fighters/1678533/playlist.jhtml#vid=721347

http://www.logotv.com/video/untucked-episode-2-more-from-wtf-wrestlings-trashiest-fighters/1678535/playlist.jhtml#vid=726080

http://www.logotv.com/video/misc/731665/episode-2-season-4-wtf-wrestlings-trashiest-fighters-team-phi-phi-ohara-bonus-content.jhtml#id=1678660

http://www.logotv.com/video/misc/731125/episode-3-season-4-glamazons-vs-champions-preview-1.jhtml#id=1677741

O.G. Ladykiller

8,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Glad I found this thread! This is my first season I'll be watching live. I just watched season 2 and 3 over winter break. Still can't find season one though. :/

Latrice ********' Royale is my girl.

Cool Loser

23,400 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Champion 300
  • Overstocked 200
Lashauwn... I was hoping she went farther. Dida's next...

I am living for Sharon, Kenya, and Latrice. Princess better step it up.

Jiggly... just leave... please?

Fashionable Vampire

cybertronic purgatory
Glad I found this thread! This is my first season I'll be watching live. I just watched season 2 and 3 over winter break. Still can't find season one though. :/

Believe me, I'm trying to locate the first 3 seasons for nostalgia factor, but have come up empty.
:/

Clever Darling

17,640 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Sifen Yamishi
cybertronic purgatory

Believe me, I'm trying to locate the first 3 seasons for nostalgia factor, but have come up empty.
:/

I know Seasons 2 & 3 are available on DVD and they're both also on Netflix Streaming.
I don't know where to find season 1 unfortunately. I missed a couple episodes and I really wanna watch them sad

Clever Darling

17,640 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Pr0dlgy
Lashauwn... I was hoping she went farther. Dida's next...

I am living for Sharon, Kenya, and Latrice. Princess better step it up.

Jiggly... just leave... please?

Yeah, DiDa has got to be next... that T-Shirt dress looked a mess! I can't believe she walked out in that in front of RuPaul.
Sharon is my fave, I think she's gonna go far! And that video from Alaska had me crying, it was so sweet!! And Chad! Such a sweet person, I really believe he genuinely cares for each of the contestants. I know I have a friend who is trying to up his Drag Game and Chad always says the nicest and most encouraging things to him. heart

Fashionable Vampire

Alaska's video made me tear up a bit.

4,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Alrighty, so I watched episode 2 last night and Ima just post some rambling thoughts that come to mind:

Jiggly REALLY disappointed me when we found out about her derogatory comments about Sharon and her boyfriend. I can understand why in her mind she may feel she was justified as in her mind she thought it was clear it was in reference to something she personally wouldn't do, but the way she delivered it ( "That's disgusting!" ) was complete and utter bullshit.

You don't talk to another human being like that. It's bad enough that sexual minorities get bashed by mainstream society, now we have someone cruelly calling someone a freak to make themselves feel better? Unacceptable, Jiggly.

When Sharon came into the room and got ready to lay it on Jiggly, part of me did pity Jiggly because I do think she has such a sour attitude because she's depressed and I thought Sharon's condemnation might be overkill given she was just ripped a new one by the other girls. BUT, it needed to be said and hopefully in the future Jiggly will realize what an a*****e she's been.

Perhaps if the girls hadn't thrown Jiggly under the bus she might've handled Sharon's umbrage better and actually apologized like a grown a** person is suppose to. I understand she uses hateful remarks as a defense mechanism but to me that isn't an excuse. Everyone of those girls has had just as much trauma in their lives and they can still be loving and genuine.

Another thing I hated was that Jiggly basically called Sharon's boyfriend (and by extension Sharon, herself and everyone else in the room) not really a "man". And no one else seemed to call her on it other than Sharon (unless I'm misremembering).

It takes gargantuan metaphorical balls to be a drag queen. I think the strength it requires is beyond gender constructs, but I think Jiggly believes men should be strong and powerful and so I don't see how drag queens don't meet that manly standard.

I have the slightest inkling that Jiggly may have some transgender dysphoria. It's probably just her internalized homophobia of seeing two manly men together or two "effeminate" men together, but she made it clear that she, a feminine gay man, will only date masculine macho men.

We'll see if she follows in the footsteps of Sonique, who also had problems with putting others down because she wasn't confronting her true gender identity. Like I said it's the tiniest hunch and probably unfounded but I just like making predictions. She's probably comfortable with her present gender identity.

Anyways, enjoy this song by Tokio Hotel and Kerli about not fitting into society's definition of normal as a palette cleanser:

Wasn't that nice?

Speaking of Sharon, the video from her boyfriend was really cute (and Alaska was completely fierce looking, love the eye makeup and hair work). Hopefully in a future season she'll get to be a contestant because she was brilliant with her proposal fake out. I started getting all choked up and then the b***h pull that carpet right out from under me! Girl has talent.

I'm really curious as to why Sharon was so concerned with leaving Alaska by herself. If I understand correctly it was something to do with alcohol? Or like maybe she was in a vulnerable state after some breakdown? I don't know, I'm curious but it's none of my business. It just broke my heart how concerned Sharon was and I'm glad Alaska seemed happy and healthy and on her game in the video.

I'm so glad Blahshawn is gone, I totally called her elimination. Girl had no confidence and no charisma.

Concerning the challenge itself, I actually enjoyed Phi Phi's team the most. Mostly just for Phi Phi's performance, lol. She was a total fishy b***h and I loved her look and voice. Her character was on point and execution was perfect. She played the kind of girl you loved to look at but also don't mind seeing get punched in the face.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Definitely my favorite look and performance of the entire episode.

Chad and Madame winning.... meh. They do deserve it but I think Phi Phi shoulda won.

[RANDOM EPISODE HIGHLIGHTS:]

User Image
Willam serving total daytime realness in a challenge where she didn't need to.
LOVE IT LOVE IT NEVER CHANGE WILLIE.

User Image
Oh, hello Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat. Fancy seeing you here~

User Image
Oh, aren't you cute. Hold still while my tongue invades your manly mouth.

User Image
Mmm, I love a man who gets off on drag queen on drag queen violence.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Damn, Paris Hilton from 20 years in the future looks good.

THIS IS WHY I LOVE THIS SHOW.

Anyways, I'll leave you with my favorite quote from the episode:

"We're selfish, vain creatures of beauty and isn't it bizarre how we make the best friends in the world?"

- Sharon Needles ~ Aaron Coady

Fashionable Vampire

Lovely musings there!
But one thing I'm wondering though.

Ms. Caliente knows a drag couple in real life. Her BFF Manila Luzon is dating Season 2 contestant Sahara Davenport.

And yet she said derogatory comments about Sharon dating Alaska?

b***h please!
Sifen Yamishi
Lovely musings there!
But one thing I'm wondering though.

Ms. Caliente knows a drag couple in real life. Her BFF Manila Luzon is dating Season 2 contestant Sahara Davenport.

And yet she said derogatory comments about Sharon dating Alaska?

b***h please!
THIS exclaim

Fashionable Vampire

Dariachan
THIS exclaim

I know right?
neutral
Sifen Yamishi
Dariachan
THIS exclaim

I know right?
neutral
SRSLY

On a tangent, Jiggly is in Manila's MV stare

http://www.newnownext.com/manila-luzon-rupaul-drag-race-hot-couture/01/2012/

1:57 for those who 'can't wait'

Fashionable Vampire

Dariachan
SRSLY

On a tangent, Jiggly is in Manila's MV stare

http://www.newnownext.com/manila-luzon-rupaul-drag-race-hot-couture/01/2012/

1:57 for those who 'can't wait'

I saw.
And for some odd reason, she looks a shitload better in that video than on the show.

Beloved Lunatic

Rose die Valkyrie loveeed your post! Thank you for that!

&& I'm disappointed in Jiggly. It's like every episode she's falling farther down the list.
She def needs to open that mind up. Manila and Sahara were pissed she said that.
How thoughtless could she be. Still I wanna see her bring it. &
Dariachan she def was in Manila's vid. smh Jiggly need to get it togedda!
I feel like the big girls of this season are not to be walked over.
Drag race has needed that for a while.

Phi Phi's team was so awesome in the wrestling challenge! So shocked they didn't win.
& Billy B didn't like Phi Phi's makeup which I thought looked sickening to death.
I'm hoping she gets wins a challenge soon. She's really loved.

I really felt like Dita should have gone cuz Lashaun while charismaless she always brought it on the runway. I felt like if she wasn't such a re re she prob coulda won. I see a tad bit of Tyra in her with a better attitude. Dita was looking a hot mess. smh

Can't wait to see what happens next week.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff