6,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Millionaire 200
Rose die Valkyrie
Glam Geek
TEAM SHARON! heart

User Image
Your approval makes Sharon feel all... excited.

this make me feel happy inside. mrgreen

Shameless Wench

@ Sifen - your tank name made me giggle. xd I loved Pandora so freaking much! I spotted her among the zombies in the first episode of this season...
I don't have a fave yet this season though.

Slightly off topic, but did anyone see Shangela on Toddlers and Tiaras recently?

4,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
snufflypoo
@ Sifen - your tank name made me giggle. xd I loved Pandora so freaking much! I spotted her among the zombies in the first episode of this season...
I don't have a fave yet this season though.

Slightly off topic, but did anyone see Shangela on Toddlers and Tiaras recently?

Yes! She was fabulous and so was her little queen in training!

User Image

I think in that episode the little girl he was training didn't win which goes to show that beauty pageant judges have no idea what real runway walking (not to mention the runway domination that girl achieved) looks like.

I think she'll go on to be a real fashion model when she gets older because she has the same body type they all had at her age: very tall, very gangly and very skinny. Once she settles into her body type and fills out she could be the next Tyra or even Naomi. Her modeling and mugging skills even just at this age indicate real talent.

All the other tiara-clad toddlers will just go on to live boring lives where they'll probably subject their own kids to the bizarre ritual of child beauty pageantry. Hailey (Shangela's god-daughter) may have the talent to achieve actual success in the entertainment industry.

Plus I LOVE Shangela's inclusion on a show where most of the families are very Suhthuhn and old-fashioned. It helps normalize sexuality and gender variance and shows drag queens can be wholesome and even very sweet to the children in their lives. Good job Toddlers & Tiaras producers!

Fashionable Vampire

Episode 2 airs 2/6/2012!

Who's coming out on top and who's going to be sashaying away?

4,750 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
“Even my celebrity is a critique on celebrity. It’s a wink-wink,” he said. “I realize in studying our society and culture that it’s hypocritical and not really real. I think that has always been the role of a drag queen: To remind the culture that it is not to be taken seriously and that you are not who you think you are, per the description on your driver’s license.”

- rupaul theorizing about drag.

read more in this article. it's pretty sickning! http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/02/01/020112-arts-tv-rupaul-1-5/

Beloved Lunatic

Yogurto (love the name!) Thanks for that link! I'm going to read this soon. Ru really has a deep insight on life. His mind is amazing! I'd love to take a dive in it. X3

Classy Dame

She was such a doll! I was like oh ish Bebe tweeted me XD I've tweeted with quite a few of the new queens and they're so nice. It's awesome to have that Fan to idol interactivity. & Bebe's been doing a lot of shows. Just had one with Raja and Tyra. Looked gawjuss!

Sifen Yamishi

Whoooa I will keep my eyes peeled. I'm no simple gal. wink

My faves this season are Sharon, Princess, Kenya, Phi Phi and Jiggly

& I want to see the Princess or Sharon win and Dida should go! imoooo

Can't wait for WTF wrestling haha

Fashionable Vampire

And we'll be seeing the wresting tomorrow.
Or Tuesday, for my part.
Can't wait for the next episode!!!

Clever Darling

17,640 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Rose die Valkyrie

Sharon cosplaying Peggy Bundy. Closest thing I could find that wasn't dark in an obvious way.

Damn, girl loves her creepy-white contacts though, lol.

I saw Sharon do a performance of Justin Bieber. It was weird as hell, but she turned it out.
She didn't look creepy but it wasn't glamorous. After that performance she did the Peggy Bundy cosplay. It's fabulous, she seriously looks like Peggy!

Fashionable Vampire

New episode in a few hours gang!

Who's sashaying away this week?

Colorful Elder

16,100 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Who wants Willam gone, like, YESTERDAY???
Ten Feet of Sheep Soup

I think that Willam still reads as man. Hell, a lot of the girls read man because of the EYEBROWS; Maybe it's just me, but the eyebrows are what make a drag queen a woman. Or at least, one BIG part of the make up. Either way, she better turn it out soon, or else she'll sashay away (I Have to watch it online, because my cables out until tomorrow.)

Clever Darling

17,640 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Ten Feet of Sheep Soup

I wanted to slap her when Ru said she was safe and she said that sassy a** bye. I laughed but I thought that s**t was rude.
Classy Dame
Ten Feet of Sheep Soup

I wanted to slap her when Ru said she was safe and she said that sassy a** bye. I laughed but I thought that s**t was rude.
Yes, that was really rude! I thought they had clipped that part of the show, but realized that she seemed really rude!! Willam's gotta work on her make up or something because she's still reading man-nish sweatdrop

I really don't like Jiggly's attitude. She needs to go on Dr. Drew for some help. SRSLY.

Phi phi, Chad, Kenya and Sharon FTW!!! heart

I'm looking forward to the next episode!

4,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Yogurto
“Even my celebrity is a critique on celebrity. It’s a wink-wink,” he said. “I realize in studying our society and culture that it’s hypocritical and not really real. I think that has always been the role of a drag queen: To remind the culture that it is not to be taken seriously and that you are not who you think you are, per the description on your driver’s license.”

- rupaul theorizing about drag.

read more in this article. it's pretty sickning! http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/02/01/020112-arts-tv-rupaul-1-5/

Thank you so much for posting such an insightful article!

I can really relate to Ru's spiritual views actually, though I tend to be a bit secular and am atheist. I think there is some sort of universal consciousness we're all tapped into and that our bodies are merely a vessel for our minds. Life is an experience and you should focus on the people in it, not the shallow material things.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff