Welcome to Gaia! ::

Were you disappointed that the Supernatural pilot based in Chicago wasn't picked up by the network?

Yes! 0.34 34.0% [ 34 ]
Not really. 0.41 41.0% [ 41 ]
That was a pilot? 0.25 25.0% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 100 ]

High-functioning Hellraiser

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
Uh, no...

Every scar he'd ever had was removed, but to say that any moles, birthmarks or slight deformations were removed is just... No. Any mole, birthmark or minor deformation are a part of him, naturally. Scars are things that were done to him, and not natural.

I was glad to see he no longer has that hand print on his arm though. I lol'd when the obsessive fangirls started losing their s**t.

Dapper Hunter

Why were you glad about that? I thought it was a pretty big plot hole. I mean, where the ******** would it have gone? s**t like that wouldn't heal clean, it's just not medically realistic.

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
With as many times as Dean has died and been brought back, not to mention having been healed, since the season four opener, it could be argued that the scar vanished during one of those times.

I just thought it was hilarious how the fangirls lost their minds. I think it's more of a hindsight humor, though. 'Cause I do remember bitching about the continuity back when that episode aired, but then the ensuing shitstorm just made me forget all about it and bust a gut laughing.

Amateur Angel

17,950 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image
Best Crowley line to this date imo.

I wish I could find an actual video clip of it.

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
OMG This girl is my hero... Mainly because she said "Destiel" sounds like a venereal disease. I'm in LOVE!

Blam! b***h Pudding!

"So the pairing isn’t my thing. So what, right? To each their own. Except that’s not enough for them. They have to turn the entire fandom upside down to make their perspective work and they don’t give a damn who they piss off to do it.

The shmoopy over the top love story between the two was bad enough. Then came the tidal wave of Sam hate which turned into the ‘Jared sucks and needs to be fired’ garbage started by someone who I hope has been secured in a rubber room by now.

This crew of tweenage twits has made it impossible for me to enjoy the Castiel character and their nonstop whine campaign to keep Misha on the show has done nothing but damage and diminish the character.

You don’t get three epic death scenes. You get one. After that you’re just a prop being moved around the set.
"

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
Oh yeah... HUGE war.

And there's like four factions. The wincest shippers v. the Dean/Cas shippers v. the old-school fans v. the noobs.

The wincest shippers hate Dean/Cas because most authors hate Sam and/or make him an almost superfluous character, when the show is about Sam and Dean. Or they take Dean's actions from season four on as a cue that Dean somehow resents Sam's existence. Plus, the fandom got so crazy, the writers capitulated to the outcry and brought Castiel back, when the wincest fans have always been able to take subtle hints from the show to weave into their fanon, while taking canon as it is. The Dean/Cas shippers hate the wincest shippers because... Oh jeez, let me count the ways. They think incest is gross. They prattle on and on about Dean and Cas' "bond", which to them takes precedence over the brotherly bond of Sam and Dean in every way, and hate how the wincest fans "oppress" them.

On the other side, you have the old school fans, people who started watching between the first and third season, versus the fans who started watching after season four. The oldbies hate the newbies because they effectively only started watching after Castiel was introduced and destroyed the fandom with their craziness, since most of them were much younger than the oldbies and more prone to pure nuttiness. You only have to peruse Tumblr to see that in action... The newbies hate the oldbies, because they swear up and down that just because Castiel was the only thing that drew them to the show, it doesn't make them any less of fans.

Personally, I don't ship wincest or Dean/Cas and I'm an oldbie, from season one. Naturally, I think everyone is ******** insane and long for the days when people just watched the show because it was good drama mixed with sci-fi/fantasy. I just wait for the war to blow over, and hope that the nutbars don't come out the victors.

Questionable Streaker

Cassie Eats Cockroaches
Oh yeah... HUGE war.
It's fairly tame by tumblr standards. It doesn't matter what show/band/etc, they'll ruin it for you. It's like that for everything, because there will always be newbies/oldbies as well as shippers/non-shippers.

I used to get involved with those kind of things, but then get berated for being too "new" really. Best to stay out of it and hope that whatever they're arguing about stays out of any news for long enough for everyone to get bored and find a new plaything to argue about.
I think it is actually smart of the show to listen to fans.

Whether or not we like it, money is what drives entertainment not just now but frankly for hundreds of years now if not longer. Fans who are pleased are more likely to buy your products and watch the show and that in turn can become money.

So while folks may b***h and moan about things, those who are buying the products and giving them the cash are really the ones they will listen to.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I never really had time to watch Supernatural until the fourth season, then I was hooked. I'm not a shipper, oldie, or noob about it either. Six of the seven seasons adorne my shelf (and the anime) only because I don't yet possess the seventh season yet. Castiel is awesome, but I actually like the pre-Angel arc for the show. Gotta say, though, my favorite Character list only exists because you can't have everyone in first place. X3 But Bobby is slightly higher than everyone.
Cassie Eats Cockroaches

LOL A lot of this alleged 'War' comes from people who make generalizations about other fans and think other people shouldn't do something just because they don't like it.

For someone who says they want this 'war' to be over, you spend a lot of time pointing fingers and making obviously biased generalizations about other people, js. /cough

zeldadweeb's Waifu

Fluffy Fatcat

Can someone explain why people hate Sara Gamble?
Mishamigos
Can someone explain why people hate Sara Gamble?
aside from her writing dean wildly OOC and adding a ton of s**t nobody really cared about (lisa)?

not to mention she keeps blowing holes in my ship (dean/cas), only cares about the brothers and seems to hate cas and the angel storylines? she's more in favor of writing monster of the week episodes which.. ugh. the show is so much better when it's not filler.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff