Welcome to Gaia! ::

Were you disappointed that the Supernatural pilot based in Chicago wasn't picked up by the network?

Yes! 0.34 34.0% [ 34 ]
Not really. 0.41 41.0% [ 41 ]
That was a pilot? 0.25 25.0% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 100 ]

It was nice to have a less serious episode for a change.
Obviously I'm fully aware none of it's real, but having it all shoved in my face so openly depresses me.
Now I'm worried I'll be thinking about the crew and the open sets the whole episode from now on.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Johnny Darque
Malee
Ben Edlund wrote it. And I think the man is bloody brilliant for this episode. A friendly reminder to the fans with this episode, its just a TV series, don't get so worked up about it. If you can't laugh at it, tune into something else.

Dude... Don't generalize when you're talking to me... I'm allowed to think what I want and say what I want. I didn't call you all idiots for your glowing opinions, don't jump on my back for my negative ones. I don't need a "friendly reminder" to not take s**t seriously. Considering I've been a fan since day ******** one 2005, I think I'm free to state my mind about the series. Meta episodes -every meta episode in this series, actually- have never been that great. 'The Monster at the End of this Book' had moments, but overall, it was ridiculous and overt back-patting for the writers. Same with this episode. It was unnecessary, self-indulgent and it only made everyone involved look like idiots, Misha Collins being the main offender. And when I go to Comic-Con this year, I won't hesitate to say it to their faces. This episode was dumb in a season that has been full of dumb episodes.

You are free to state your opinion, as am I. Taking it as an attack against you, when I was generalizing the episode as a whole, is your problem not mine. They mocked Hollywood, they mocked actors overindulgence and they took Misha's tweeting to the extreme and got many a good laughs out of it. Sure it might have made them look like idiots, but who knows, they might have had a really good time with it.

But thats just my opinion and I have nothing further to say on the matter.

Wheezing Gawker

Fun episode.

Tipsy Prophet

4,950 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Medalist 100
Malee
Johnny Darque
Malee
Ben Edlund wrote it. And I think the man is bloody brilliant for this episode. A friendly reminder to the fans with this episode, its just a TV series, don't get so worked up about it. If you can't laugh at it, tune into something else.

Dude... Don't generalize when you're talking to me... I'm allowed to think what I want and say what I want. I didn't call you all idiots for your glowing opinions, don't jump on my back for my negative ones. I don't need a "friendly reminder" to not take s**t seriously. Considering I've been a fan since day ******** one 2005, I think I'm free to state my mind about the series. Meta episodes -every meta episode in this series, actually- have never been that great. 'The Monster at the End of this Book' had moments, but overall, it was ridiculous and overt back-patting for the writers. Same with this episode. It was unnecessary, self-indulgent and it only made everyone involved look like idiots, Misha Collins being the main offender. And when I go to Comic-Con this year, I won't hesitate to say it to their faces. This episode was dumb in a season that has been full of dumb episodes.

You are free to state your opinion, as am I. Taking it as an attack against you, when I was generalizing the episode as a whole, is your problem not mine. They mocked Hollywood, they mocked actors overindulgence and they took Misha's tweeting to the extreme and got many a good laughs out of it. Sure it might have made them look like idiots, but who knows, they might have had a really good time with it.

But thats just my opinion and I have nothing further to say on the matter.

You are free to state your opinion. I have no problem with that. I have a problem that when I came in to do the same, after everyone else raved about the episode, immediately after my negative review, you felt the need to "tell fans to not take things seriously" and to "watch something else". Kind of a dead giveaway who you're addressing considering no one else had made such statements. I'm of the mind that if you have something to say, say it to someone's face or don't say it at all. You should have either quoted me directly or said, "Wow, John, that's a bit harsh. I liked it and all but you've had qualms with the episode even before it aired, so I kinda figured you wouldn't get the laugh out of it that the rest of us did." Or something to that effect. You don't tell a fan who's been there since the beginning, through all the awful episodes, the blah episodes and the fantastic ones to "watch something else" when they speak out against it. A year and a half ago, when this thread exploded with anger after the season five premiere aired, no one told us to get a grip or watch something else. We just all hoped it would get better. And despite a few flagrant stumbles, season five was decent. It's a well known fact that people have been very critical of season six, for a plethora of reasons... Mainly Lisa being orange, the half formed plots that went nowhere or were quickly abandoned. Hell man, a few pages back, we were ragging on the writers for that horrible Ben/Lisa/Dean thing that chafed a few people for different reasons. So for that episode, it was okay to talk trash, but this one it's not? Way to go on the double standard. God forbid someone come in saying they started season one and rip the bug episode a new one. You might tell them to watch something else if they're gonna be negative about an episode even the writers of the episode said was crap. s**t, back when Stargate SG-1 was doing meta episodes, fans were on both sides of the fence. When Buffy the Vampire Slayer did 'Once More, With Feeling', a lot of people didn't like it. I've got friends who still say that's the worst episode of the whole show. Even worse than all of Buffy's fourth season. Meta episodes have always been a touchy subject because fans are generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond well to quality entertainment. And most of the times, meta episodes fall way outside that category. Do all fans hate them? No. But there is enough of them who do, which is why most shows stay away from them. And when they don't, they try to have a little more taste than what was served up the other night on Supernatural. But, I've been a fan since episode five of season one and I've stuck through the show through thick and thin. I keep watching because 90% of it is quality entertainment. The other ten percent... Well, we can only pray the next episode is much better.

And that's all I have to say on the matter.

Shy Fairy

19,550 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Timid 100
I wish Eric Kripke would take over the show again. At least the writing and storyline were a lot better then.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Johnny Darque
. Well, we can only pray the next episode is much better.

If they can make the next episode as creepy as the damn preview, it should be great.

Friendly Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
For anyone interested, I have just now created a Roleplay guild dedicated to the show. I need a crew who knows the show and who has special talents such as grammar nazi's and artists who can create a banner and people who are willing to invite their friends and other people they know who love the show as much as I do. here's a link:

User Image

Please, if you wish to be crew, let me know what your talent will be.

Either way, all fans are welcome to join.

((By the way, because it pertains to the show this does not technically count as spam...))

6,400 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Malee
Johnny Darque

If they can make the next episode as creepy as the damn preview, it should be great.
...I should be your four leaf clover

Eh, now I'm going to dream about things coming out of my ears... I really loved last weeks ep. I loved how Misha twittered at the same time he tweeted on the show, even if I don't really use Twitter that was pretty clever.

the kind that's hard to find...

Lonely Survivor

Baby Doll gOnE Wr0nG
Malee
Johnny Darque

...I should be your four leaf clover

Eh, now I'm going to dream about things coming out of my ears... I really loved last weeks ep. I loved how Misha twittered at the same time he tweeted on the show, even if I don't really use Twitter that was pretty clever.

the kind that's hard to find...

Heh, total agreement on that score. I joined twitter just for that!

Sweet episode. It's been awhile (a long, LONG while) since they've done one that light-hearted. It reminds me why I got into the show in the first place. (Okay, yes, because the two guys are hot as hell, but also because they make me laugh like crazy).

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Baby Doll gOnE Wr0nG

gonk I have this horrible ******** things about objects coming in/out of peoples ears. So if that happens in the episode I may just get a tad squeamish.

Shy Phantom

Wow, I haven't been here in ages... o.o

I'm really enjoying the sixth season so far~
I'm interested in seeing how they bring this big Angel-Fight
together with the new "Mother of All" monster.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another season, but...
I have my doubts it`ll happen, despite the fact that viewership has been up.

And my thread character is officially dead!
That means that I join Vee in the graveyard...
but I dunno if anyone from back then still posts here. ; ~;

Oh well. Hi people~! *waves*

Tipsy Prophet

4,950 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Medalist 100
Malee
Johnny Darque

Yeah, it does look like it's gonna be pretty baller... I'm guessing (from the trailer) that it's gonna be like a mind bender episode and that right there should make it freaking awesome.

Indulge [In Words]

NO! Your character can't be dead! You guys gotta come back! Though honestly, I can't remember who you were.

Shy Phantom

Because I'm singing this song...
I want you to look at me, more and more.
I was Crowley, lol~
I think it's pretty clear that he's dead-dead.
Cas burned his remains and everything...
There's not even enough left for me to go to the graveyard!
I'M JUST FLOATING AROUND IN NOTHINGNESS!

RIP. T.T

The love-love umbrella from my dreams
It'll surely, surely become a reality!

High-functioning Hellraiser

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
Indulge [In Words]
Cas burned his remains and everything...
There's not even enough left for me to go to the graveyard!

I'm such a jerk... XP

1,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items