Welcome to Gaia! ::

Were you disappointed that the Supernatural pilot based in Chicago wasn't picked up by the network?

Yes! 0.34 34.0% [ 34 ]
Not really. 0.41 41.0% [ 41 ]
That was a pilot? 0.25 25.0% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 100 ]

Shinobi-no-kitsune
Starburstnova
I really don't like how they just kill the hosts demons are inhabiting instead of exorcising the demons and saving the host. They used to care. neutral It was controversial in the earlier episodes. Now it's commonplace. They've become cold-blooded murderers and I don't like that. I get that they've been hardened by their experiences, but c'mon. They should still want to protect life!

Demons are getting smarter, just look way back with the seven deadly sins, I think only one of the seven was actually caught by a devil's trap. They are also dealing with larger groups of demons, back in the day it was one demon here or there so they could spend the time to exorcise them. Now it's not that easy when you're being attack by multiple demons.

I know, back in the day, demons were not as common and demons were their main enemy. Now demons are just peons to them, and I get that sometimes they have to make sacrifices. It's just frustrating. sweatdrop Like, on a smaller mission, they'll try so hard to protect life, but then when they run into a group of demons (or hell, just one), they'll just go ahead and kill them along with the host, unless it's somebody important to the story.

I love the show, but that's the one thing I really don't like. They keep trying to one-up each season and it's ALWAYS SO intense now. I just liked it better when they were doing single episodes fighting random weird creatures that not everybody knows about. Before it was all ghosts, weird stuff, and the occasional demon. Now it's all demons and angels, and if we're lucky, a ghost here or there.

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500
Starburstnova
Shinobi-no-kitsune
Starburstnova
I really don't like how they just kill the hosts demons are inhabiting instead of exorcising the demons and saving the host. They used to care. neutral It was controversial in the earlier episodes. Now it's commonplace. They've become cold-blooded murderers and I don't like that. I get that they've been hardened by their experiences, but c'mon. They should still want to protect life!

Demons are getting smarter, just look way back with the seven deadly sins, I think only one of the seven was actually caught by a devil's trap. They are also dealing with larger groups of demons, back in the day it was one demon here or there so they could spend the time to exorcise them. Now it's not that easy when you're being attack by multiple demons.

I know, back in the day, demons were not as common and demons were their main enemy. Now demons are just peons to them, and I get that sometimes they have to make sacrifices. It's just frustrating. sweatdrop Like, on a smaller mission, they'll try so hard to protect life, but then when they run into a group of demons (or hell, just one), they'll just go ahead and kill them along with the host, unless it's somebody important to the story.

I love the show, but that's the one thing I really don't like. They keep trying to one-up each season and it's ALWAYS SO intense now. I just liked it better when they were doing single episodes fighting random weird creatures that not everybody knows about. Before it was all ghosts, weird stuff, and the occasional demon. Now it's all demons and angels, and if we're lucky, a ghost here or there.

Well that's kinda the fault for having an ongoing story. To keep interest going they have to up the ante, if they had been a monster-of-the-week thing it might have turned people off for not having any real story to follow.
Shinobi-no-kitsune
Well that's kinda the fault for having an ongoing story. To keep interest going they have to up the ante, if they had been a monster-of-the-week thing it might have turned people off for not having any real story to follow.

I know. But I liked the formats of the earlier seasons because there WAS an ongoing story, it just wasn't addressed EVERY episode. Now, it's rare that we get a single standalone episode. I know a lot of people bashed last season, but I actually thought it was better than the previous seasons because it got more interesting to me because it wasn't just about angels and demons the whole time. It actually had some interesting monster-of-the-week episodes. Because personally, those interest me a whole lot more. That was the whole appeal of the show for me. I liked seeing a show with wendigos and tulpas and ghosts and demons and just general weird stuff going on.

Didn't Kripke only plan through season 5, and it was supposed to end after that? I feel like they should have let it. I mean, I'm glad they didn't because I love the show and want it to keep going, but there have been quite a few shows that just go on too long after they should have ended and end up getting worse. I've noticed that out of my favorite shows, most of the really long ones, I tend to LOVE the earlier seasons, and while the later seasons have a few standout episodes, they generally bore me because they're always trying way too hard to keep it interesting, and in doing so they lose the heart of the show. And the short series that got ended before they were ready are fantastic through-and-through. I'd rather see a great show ended too early than beaten into the ground by sticking around too long.

I'm probably in the minority there though haha.

But anyhoo. this season just hasn't been holding my interest as much. But I think that's because I'm waiting episode by episode and this season hasn't really gotten into the heart of it yet. I just started watching the show back in February or something, so by the time I was caught up, it was midway through season 7 I think. So that's probably why it was easier to hold my attention through the lulls, because I was still marathoning, and by the time I caught up, it was back into the monster-of-the-week episodes.

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Partygoer 500
Starburstnova
Shinobi-no-kitsune

I know. But I liked the formats of the earlier seasons because there WAS an ongoing story, it just wasn't addressed EVERY episode. Now, it's rare that we get a single standalone episode. I know a lot of people bashed last season, but I actually thought it was better than the previous seasons because it got more interesting to me because it wasn't just about angels and demons the whole time. It actually had some interesting monster-of-the-week episodes. Because personally, those interest me a whole lot more. That was the whole appeal of the show for me. I liked seeing a show with wendigos and tulpas and ghosts and demons and just general weird stuff going on.

Didn't Kripke only plan through season 5, and it was supposed to end after that? I feel like they should have let it. I mean, I'm glad they didn't because I love the show and want it to keep going, but there have been quite a few shows that just go on too long after they should have ended and end up getting worse. I've noticed that out of my favorite shows, most of the really long ones, I tend to LOVE the earlier seasons, and while the later seasons have a few standout episodes, they generally bore me because they're always trying way too hard to keep it interesting, and in doing so they lose the heart of the show. And the short series that got ended before they were ready are fantastic through-and-through. I'd rather see a great show ended too early than beaten into the ground by sticking around too long.

I'm probably in the minority there though haha.

But anyhoo. this season just hasn't been holding my interest as much. But I think that's because I'm waiting episode by episode and this season hasn't really gotten into the heart of it yet. I just started watching the show back in February or something, so by the time I was caught up, it was midway through season 7 I think. So that's probably why it was easier to hold my attention through the lulls, because I was still marathoning, and by the time I caught up, it was back into the monster-of-the-week episodes.

I do agree, although they have had some recent great episodes with awesome things like Chronos, Osiris and the Japanese alcohol ghost, it would be nice to have those episodes more often like they use to be. However, if they keep on the demon focused story, if they can introduce us to some big hitters like Beelzebub, Astaroth or Asmodius, my interest will be peaked again. I have always felt like it was a missed opportunity not including those guys as well as how they did Leviathan, I would have preferred it to be closer to it's original incarnation, such as some extremely powerful water being and be paired with Behemoth.

I've imagined for a while a demon civil war led by Lucifer's fellow fallen angels, led by, say, Beelzebub, who decides to try and gain mastery over the two great beasts of destruction, Leviathan and Behemoth. But with only god having the power to fully control them, he wants to siphon away Lucifer's power with the idea that it would make him stronger enough. So while he tried to locate and access Lucifer's cage, he has the other fallen angels capture and enslave other monsters to form an army to take over Earth once and for all and that's where Dean and Sam come in.
Shinobi-no-kitsune
I do agree, although they have had some recent great episodes with awesome things like Chronos, Osiris and the Japanese alcohol ghost, it would be nice to have those episodes more often like they use to be. However, if they keep on the demon focused story, if they can introduce us to some big hitters like Beelzebub, Astaroth or Asmodius, my interest will be peaked again.

Exactly! I love those kind of episodes, where it's just some totally random weird thing going on, and you're like "...WHAT?!" But when they just keep sticking with the angels/demons thing, I'm just bored. It was REALLY cool at first because they hadn't really addressed angels, and they had previously been like "They don't exist!" but now it's like, all the show is about.

I get that there needs to be an ongoing story, and I don't have a problem with that...I just preferred how they did it in the earlier seasons, with "Okay, we're looking for dad, and this yellow-eyed demon that we don't know how to kill." They might talk about it, or have an episode dealing with it here or there, but overall, the MAIN plot of each episode was unrelated.

I should go back and re-watch in order. I've rewatched a ton of random episodes, but not in any particular order.

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Partygoer 500
Starburstnova
Shinobi-no-kitsune
I do agree, although they have had some recent great episodes with awesome things like Chronos, Osiris and the Japanese alcohol ghost, it would be nice to have those episodes more often like they use to be. However, if they keep on the demon focused story, if they can introduce us to some big hitters like Beelzebub, Astaroth or Asmodius, my interest will be peaked again.

Exactly! I love those kind of episodes, where it's just some totally random weird thing going on, and you're like "...WHAT?!" But when they just keep sticking with the angels/demons thing, I'm just bored. It was REALLY cool at first because they hadn't really addressed angels, and they had previously been like "They don't exist!" but now it's like, all the show is about.

I get that there needs to be an ongoing story, and I don't have a problem with that...I just preferred how they did it in the earlier seasons, with "Okay, we're looking for dad, and this yellow-eyed demon that we don't know how to kill." They might talk about it, or have an episode dealing with it here or there, but overall, the MAIN plot of each episode was unrelated.

I should go back and re-watch in order. I've rewatched a ton of random episodes, but not in any particular order.

There's not that much need to watch it in any particular order. They are generally watchable by themselves and I jump around a lot, though it's usually the Trickster episodes I love the most.
Shinobi-no-kitsune
There's not that much need to watch it in any particular order. They are generally watchable by themselves and I jump around a lot, though it's usually the Trickster episodes I love the most.

Gaaabe! I love Gabriel!

I'm a huge fan of Jericho, and before I started watching Supernatural, I didn't get what the huge obsession with Richard Speight Jr. was all about. His character on Jericho was so minor, and of the two main cops, he was the annoying one. There really wasn't anything particularly interesting or likeable about his character. Then I watched Supernatural, and I totally understood. xd And I'm mad at whoever casted Jericho because he deserved a way better role than that.

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Partygoer 500
Starburstnova
Shinobi-no-kitsune

Gaaabe! I love Gabriel!

I'm a huge fan of Jericho, and before I started watching Supernatural, I didn't get what the huge obsession with Richard Speight Jr. was all about. His character on Jericho was so minor, and of the two main cops, he was the annoying one. There really wasn't anything particularly interesting or likeable about his character. Then I watched Supernatural, and I totally understood. xd And I'm mad at whoever casted Jericho because he deserved a way better role than that.

The funny episodes tend to be some of the best simply because of how our-there they can go. The Ghost Facers, Gabriel, Deadly Unicorn, Groundhog Day, Real Life, all hilarious things Supernatural gets away with.
Shinobi-no-kitsune
The funny episodes tend to be some of the best simply because of how our-there they can go. The Ghost Facers, Gabriel, Deadly Unicorn, Groundhog Day, Real Life, all hilarious things Supernatural gets away with.

Suicidal teddy bear. rofl Supernatural convention. Unlucky rabbit's foot. lol
Also, may I mention how much I love that Brennivin is Castiel? 4laugh

Winner

I am at the very end of season two and I wonder why the hell I haven't gotten into this earlier. I spoiled some things for myself with the more recent seasons when browsing youtube before deciding to watch so I do have some idea as to what people are saying here.

Good stuff indeed~ emotion_awesome

Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Can I just say that in 8x07

CAS COMES BACK
CAS HAS GLOWY BLUE EYES FROM THE CHCH PROMO
CAS SHOWS HIS WINGS
CAS BEING A BAMF IN GENERAL

(you can tell I'm excited right)

Dapper Genius

So Dean keeps making these comments about finding Kevin... when we find Kevin, etc...

Makes one wonder... when they eventually do find Kevin -- what then? Is Dean actually going to take the kid by force -- basically kidnapping him?
New poll folks!

Dean has been doing nothing but be guilty of being a hypocrite and showing increasing double standards against Sam as of late.

EX 1: Crying about Sam quitting the business and shacking up with a girl while he was in Purgatory -- but Dean did the exact same thing when Sam was trapped in Hell.

EX 2: Dean was always after Sam about keeping secrets and yet Dean keeps more and more as time goes on.

EX 3: Dean chastising Sam for trusting certain demons/monsters./etc when here he's being all buddy buddy with a vampire.

Just how badly do all of you want to see Sam just finally snap and go off on Dean for being such a raging hypocrite?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff