Nope 0.064633260711692 6.5% [ 89 ]
Who cares? 0.2236746550472 22.4% [ 308 ]
FRENCH CAST ALBUM NEED 0.22585330428468 22.6% [ 311 ]
Total Votes:[ 1377 ]

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
I think I got this from here ages ago. (Ela, Silvy...Mir?)

User Image

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Angels, as much as I want credit for making that, sadly, it wasn't me. biggrin (Though for that Erik, I'd totally want some! xd

Yay! Another new member. smile

Oh, on the flip side, when I tried doing this singing thing I posted a youtube video and the picture I used was from that version. Here's the link forgive my poor singing: Tears to Shed - just posting for the background pic I used. It's fun trying to imitate that pose. (^)^

Interesting Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Angels and Catherine, both of you For The Win!!!

I like your singing voice Catherine, it's very nice. ^_^

I'm so happy this movie has been seen. What did everyone think of Daroga in that film? Offensive or no? In both animated films I think he wears a turban when he's supposed to wear the Astrakhan cap. Why can't they animate that?! XD Poor Daroga gets cut out of most Phantom films and the Lloyd Webber Musical, although I guess the tribute to him is the mechanical Persian monkey? I don't know... @_@ I just feel bad he gets more screen time in the book than anything else and yet he plays a major role in Erik's life. Sadness.
Catherine_de_Silver
Hello Myra! Don't forget to ready the original book by Leroux first! Before you read the Kay version.

And, Dora, you just reminded me. My mom offered to make me the Point of no return dress for Halloween this year. Must send some amazing pictures of the dress. smile

Hi Catherine! I've ordered the book. It should be coming in soon smile

Ooh I love the Point of No Return. It's pretty ^^ I'd love to have that blue gown from the 25th anniversary.

Oh, and I finished the 25th anniversary and was crying my eyes out when the Phantom (Ramin I think is the actor's name?) put so much emotion in his voice when he had told Christine to go and leave him. He broke my heart crying

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Angelic - Thank you! And yes, the dear Daroga doesn't get as much credit as he's supposed to - considering he almost - wait, Myra hasn't read the book yet . . . all that he went through in the novel.

Myra - Good! Read Leroux FIRST! Then Kay (which I personally love to read up to the events at the Opera, then immediately switch over to Leroux. I don't like the Kay book during the Christine years. sad

And I was debating with my mom in changing the colors for the PONR dress. She's thinking of doing it in blue, while I (who don't really care much for pink even though that's what I'm wearing today) kinda want to do it in dark red. Though? Opinions? Tomatoes?

Interesting Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Indeed, Catherine, poor Daroga. I hope Myra, you'll agree when you read it. ^_^

In my opinion, Catherine, the Point of No Return dress should be dark red. I have always associated red with the dress and the song too really. I don't know if it's because of the way it was portrayed in the musical and the movie, but I think red because it's a seductive color, and the song itself is made of pure unadulterated seduction. But that's just me. XD

Obsessive Kitten

I second the red. For its intended scene, red really does fit. Blue would be pretty too, but I think in this case red would have to trump it.

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Sweet, I'll ask her to try and go dark red for it then. (Plus a pink might wash me out - paleness rather sucks with bright colors.)

So, in Phantom news - a poll on Facebook is hoping to get Ramin an honorary mention or sum-such for the Tony's because he played the Phantom. (Neil Patrick Harris is #2).

Interesting Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I certainly hope Ramin gets mention and major props for playing a fantastic phantom! He's one of the best since Micheal Crawford. And I am a HUGE Crawford fan.

Actually back in the 80s or early 90s there was a Tony awards where Micheal and Sarah got to perform the main song. I'd love it if the tony's got Ramin and Sierra to do just that. smile That would be a fun segment.

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
They did that last year - as an honor to the 25th anniversary of POTO on Broadway. Samantha Hill was a great Christine - but Jobeck screwed up the Phantom big time. Totally waste and ruination of my anticipation for that scene. *fistshake*

Interesting Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Catherine_de_Silver
They did that last year - as an honor to the 25th anniversary of POTO on Broadway. Samantha Hill was a great Christine - but Jobeck screwed up the Phantom big time. Totally waste and ruination of my anticipation for that scene. *fistshake*

Hm, I'm gonna look that up at some point. Would have been better if it was Ramin that played the Phantom. So I'll shake my fist alongside you at the guy who screwed up the role of Erik. That's sad. It's more than likely gonna make me mad watching it. I'm sorry he ruined the scene for you. sad That's a shame.

EDIT:

Just watched it....omg...The guy playing Erik, Peter Jobeck....holy cow. I laughed and cried a little at the same time. I wouldn't wish that voice on my worst enemy. My condolences Catherine, I'm definitely shaking my fist at him too. XD

Obsessive Kitten

So I just got a notice from the company wanting to do the animated PotO. Because they've only raised 6k of their, I think it was 250,000, the project has been put on hold. In fact they'll have no money from the Kickstarter because if the goal isn't reached the money is given back to the donators. I guess the world will have to wait a while for this one.

On another note entirely I had the strangest dream this morning. I dreamed I was watching the musical live, but instead of it going the way it should've, Erik dies somewhere in the first act. And they actually had a reading of his will and he left absolutely nothing to Christine. She gets mad and starts tearing the Opera House apart looking for any entrance to his house so she can steal something before anyone else could take it. Was very weird.

Interesting Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
250,000 dollars....omg...how do they expect to get that much in a short amount of time?! That sucks, I really wanted to see how the animated film would do. Hopefully they get it back up and running. That dream you had Bleeding Art sounds amusing. Now I'm imagining Christine raising Hell in the Opera house just to get Erik's stuff lol turns out all she gets is the wedding dress XD

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Art - I'm sad that they're gonna have to put it off for a while. On DA one of the guys was posting pictures of the project - which I was avidly faving to my hearts content - and we sorta talked about it. He/She (they?) asked if I was going to donate and I basically had to tell them that I would absolutely love to donate (because some of that free stuff like the playing cards - reallllly caught my attention), but I wouldn't have any sort of income until May/Juneish. I asked if they were going to try doing another kickstarter and they said they probably would. I hope they just let it sit for a while (maybe a few months?) - hopefully by then the word will have gotten around more and more people can help donate.

Though, come to think of it, I've seen/heard of a LOT of people going to kickstart recently. So many people looking to finance things. .... hmmm....

And Assassins - now you know of our shame and pain. They could have used Hugh dang it! Stupid people letting an amazing singer off for those precious few months so that jerk could come in and screw it all up! evil

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
$250k seems like a lot (esp. for a kickstarter) but traditional animation is crazy-expensive, especially if you're doing a feature length film. Sad to hear we won't be getting it anytime soon. sad

Art, I had a weird dream after reading about your weird dream: egg hunt in the Opera Garnier cellars. Nothing could go wrong, right?!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff