Total Votes:[ 1377 ]

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
This on the front page of my feed. Well then. XD

User Image

Obsessive Kitten

"My dirty, dirty secret is out! Alas, I love music but my true passion, my reason for breathing--is sushi! Damn you, oriental temptress of my tastebuds!"

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
"Come to me, Inarii suushiiii~"

Obsessive Kitten

"And thus it was made known, the Phantom did not die of love as Christine fled with the Viscount but of ingesting too much raw fish and in a bitter twist of fate was also the cause of his horrid deformity."

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
"You alone can roll my sushi right..."

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
Perhaps Red Death ate the some-what edible Fugu fish.

Obsessive Kitten

"Why, you ask, was I bound and chained in this cold and dismal place? Not for any mortal sin but the spiciness of my Wasabi paste!"

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
HAH! That is my favorite one now. xd

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
The only thing that comes to mind is, "Open mouth, insert sushi."

He's go some of the best facial expressions ever. smile On that note - anyone have any news about fan ticket for the 25 B*Way show?

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Double Post to bring back the thread.

Discussion Topic:

What's your favorite version of MOTN?

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
I haven't heard anymore about the 25th, sorry. sad

I don't have one favorite version... I like Crawford's on the OLC of course, except for the organ at the end of the track which STILL scares me to this day! One of my new favorites is JOJ's off his album Unmasked. Ramin is pretty good, I like his "touch me, trust me." And of course I've liked every version I've seen live, nothing beats hearing it live!

Obsessive Kitten

Oh good I'm not the only one that nearly pisses themselves when they hear that organ. I swear even though I know it's coming it's scares me. Weird way to end that track.

Personally I don't have a favorite, but then again I haven't exactly listened to a wide variety of Phantoms. But everyone brings their own to the party. Crawford has less sensuality as far as sex goes, more of the way someone paints a verbal portrait of a paradise/ideal place for you and makes you just friggin want it. Ramin has more the sexuality aspect, he's still luring with an idea but it's not just one of a place, it's that "you me and our own world" sort of thing. Kind of a kinky way of almost proposing.

Obsessive Kitten

So sue me for getting a little technical or psycho-analytical (whatever you wanna call it) but I had Wandering Child stuck in my head most of the day and I kept thinking about the scene that goes with it.

I know a lot of people pen Christine as the damsel both in the book and the musical because she seems almost stupid in some areas, but seriously she's not. The only thing that nulls logic for her is that fairy tale her father told her over and over and then promised with it that with his death he'd send that fictional character to her. I don't know if she just wants to believe it's all true and that life's not as bad as it's been or if she blindly believes. I mean either way it's how Erik manipulates her.

Alongside that it's mentioned it was just she and her father (though Mama Valerius plays a role) so she's devoid of maternal affection/influence. Raoul is pretty much devoid of paternal influence because of his sisters and even his older brother. I think in a way Leroux put them together as a way to complete what they both were missing. Raoul had the gentle nature about him the same way a mother does and Christine, though feminine in her own right, certainly was more brazen and masculine as a father would be. They each had something to give each other emotionally where Erik had nothing to give, having known no positive parental influence or any actual human affection at all.

So even though Erik still lures her with the memory of her father and the false promise he made her (because let's face it the man had to know he was BSing his daughter) and brought some sort of bond/affection from it, it was something she'd already had. Raoul had something to offer her that she'd never truly had.

And I swear to God there's more logic behind that than "she was looking for a mom and he was looking for a dad" in there.

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Wow.

I have to agree with both of you - that organ bit scares the crap out of me too. Because when you think of it, the song ends on a gentle note, then BAM! Loud, crazy organ out of nowhere's ville.

I'm still debating on who I like best singing it - meh.

Art - that makes me wish more people have read the actual book. Christine is abused in almost every version because of people thinking she's just a victim.

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
I was always confused at the point of the organ track at end of Crawford MotN....I'm usually almost asleep at that point. Since I would be listening to it before I went to bed then BAM. NOT SLEEPING ANYMORE EVER.

Edit: Christine did say "I gave you my mind blindly."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces