Who cares? 0.2236746550472 22.4% [ 308 ]
FRENCH CAST ALBUM NEED 0.22585330428468 22.6% [ 311 ]
Total Votes:[ 1377 ]

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
Ahaha, Schumacher's Batman was campier than the 60's series. Even the crew at Batman: The Animated Series made fun of it. So yeah, now I understand where you're coming from. The best part of the movie (for me) was Carlotta, and it wasn't even Minnie Driver doing the hard work, it was Margaret Preece! They had to drag in a stage Carlotta to dub Minnie. Maybe they should have done that with the rest of the cast, too. ninja

Obsessive Kitten

Carlotta's pretty much the humor in the show so I can understand them wanting an actor who worked doing comedy, but Minnie Driver is small beans. In all the years I was forced to watch Will & Grace (my dad liked the show) I didn't even see any of the episodes she was in because she was that minor of a character yet that seemed to be her claim to fame. If you ask me I'd rather a big, large-busted actual Opera singer because they can have some diva in them and that was the center of Carlotta's joke. She was such a self-centered pampered diva that she acted crazy and that was funny.

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
I have a friend who's dream role is Carlotta, it's a running gag that we'll play the two leads and have a friend of mine play Meg - cause she's blonde, a ballet dancer and adorable.

So, I just finished playing the Mystery Legends POTO game (4 hours and only 48%?). For those of you who've played it: What the crap is up with the ending? I get through Christine's dressing room, it shows the phantom taking Evelina down and then it just ends. Please tell me I'm being game retarded or something, otherwise that was a waste. [/tiredrand]

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
I don't think Carlotta herself needs to be big, but her voice definitely does. I've seen Carlottas of all shapes and sizes and they've all been wonderful.

This post is brought to you by Cartwheeling Ramin.

User Image

Obsessive Kitten

True but she's basically the stereotype of Opera singers, which would be the large woman with an ego as big as she is. I'm not saying they shouldn't have skinny Carlotta's, but Minnie Driver's pencil body could not have produced the sound she was dubbed over with. I've watched enough operas to see that even body type affects your sound.

I'm impressed he can do that with the mask on. I would think that would screw with depth perception a bit.

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
And now, Phantom of the Gymnasium.

Obsessive Kitten

I suppose that's better than Phantom of the Olympics. "IF YOU JUDGE MY STUDENT WRONG, A DISASTER BEYOND ALL IMAGINATION WILL OCCUR! ALL TENS OR I INSTALL A CHANDELIER OVER THE JUDGING BOX AND DROP IT!"
Catherine_de_Silver

So, I just finished playing the Mystery Legends POTO game (4 hours and only 48%?). For those of you who've played it: What the crap is up with the ending? I get through Christine's dressing room, it shows the phantom taking Evelina down and then it just ends. Please tell me I'm being game retarded or something, otherwise that was a waste. [/tiredrand]

If you bought the extended or deluxe or whatever it's called edition, it takes place IN the underground lair, and leads you around. I'm pretty sure that it's meant to be a set up for a sequel. They were planning on making two really close together, and then were told to release one and see if it got enough people.

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
The Opera Toast
Catherine_de_Silver

If you bought the extended or deluxe or whatever it's called edition, it takes place IN the underground lair, and leads you around. I'm pretty sure that it's meant to be a set up for a sequel. They were planning on making two really close together, and then were told to release one and see if it got enough people.

The on I have is the Collector's edition, which advertises bonus gameplay, the strategy guide, soundtrack and more - which is somehow hidden in the game? Grr. I'll go through it all again. Thank you.

Cartwheeling Ramin noodels are now going through my head. XD

Obsessive Kitten

Okay. This is officially the weirdest crossover I've encountered. I don't even know what movie it's from. But dude, Dino Erik and a little, I'm guessing, boy? Yiiiikes.

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
Bleeding Art
True but she's basically the stereotype of Opera singers, which would be the large woman with an ego as big as she is. I'm not saying they shouldn't have skinny Carlotta's, but Minnie Driver's pencil body could not have produced the sound she was dubbed over with. I've watched enough operas to see that even body type affects your sound.

I'm impressed he can do that with the mask on. I would think that would screw with depth perception a bit.

Minnie was probably wearing a corset too, which singers should NEVER wear! How can you breathe properly when your insides are being smushed together? But yes, different body types definitely produce different sounds.

I'm impressed that the mask stayed on! rofl
Hello! I just found this thread. I'm glad there is thread for all things Phantom. Erik ftw! heart Oh yeah... I went to the original thread and read that Twelve Days of Christmas with Phantom references. That was enjoyable to read. xp

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
xXxSereneMysticxXx
Hello! I just found this thread. I'm glad there is thread for all things Phantom. Erik ftw! heart Oh yeah... I went to the original thread and read that Twelve Days of Christmas with Phantom references. That was enjoyable to read. xp

Even better to listen to! ;D

Also, this is the best thing to result from Love Never Dies.
Friday_Dora
xXxSereneMysticxXx

Even better to listen to! ;D

Also, this is the best thing to result from Love Never Dies.

Haha you're right! It is better to listen to. ^^ I liked some of the songs from Love Never Dies like the one with Erik and his son.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff