Is anyone doing NaNoWriMo this year?

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
Catherine_de_Silver

I thought about it, but then I remembered that I always fail at things like that. :< Plus I'd just turn it into an excuse to write fanfic. Lots of fanfic.

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Friday_Dora
Catherine_de_Silver

I thought about it, but then I remembered that I always fail at things like that. :< Plus I'd just turn it into an excuse to write fanfic. Lots of fanfic.

Personally, as long as you reach 50,000 it could be about anything. Besides Erik managed to sneak himself into the one I'm writing.

Obsessive Kitten

I think the longest story I've ever written was 12 pages. Then again it was a short story. I'm not sure I have the attention span or the give a crap to make chapters that are double that in page length.

Too bad they don't have a music composing version of NaNoWriMo. Erik could totally get into that.

Obsessive Kitten

And on another note, here's a pretty drawing of Christine. Her face kind of reminds me of Belle, but I love the period-appropriate outfit.

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
Wow, that is a pretty Christine. I want her clothes!

Sierra update: she'll be on B'way for 6 weeks, plenty of time if anyone wants to go see her.
Actually digging the new cast changes. Gotta see who this new Christine is...

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
I wouldn't mind seeing it with her - even if it is kinda redonkulous to substitute other actors just for the sake of the 25th on B'way. Meh.

Obsessive Kitten

Remember this is the same man that allowed a Harlequin Romance novel-esque Erik into his big stage-to-film creation. The day this man makes a sane decision is the day we begin to worry.

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
I have to say, Butler was part of the reason I knuckled down and finally read the book after years of it sitting on my shelf - and doing multpile projects on it. For new people it's a good foot-in-the-opera, but after that - hello Broadway!

Obsessive Kitten

Well, it's a convenient venue. It costs less than Broadway, you can watch it any time, and the sets are more elaborate. The only annoyance is when, because it was "the first", people start trash-talking the original or any other adaptation because their expectations were raised to a certain point and either not met or just went out in left field.

It's a gateway drug, so to speak, so in that sense it's good but not as good as the s**t you could smoke after getting into that world.

Personally I don't find Butler attractive but that may be because when I went to see a sneak peek of the film with a bunch of my mom's middle aged friends, I got two hours of dirty euphemisms and cloaked sexual commentary regarding Mr. Butler and what he could do to them. The most amusing one had to be, "he could be the phantom in MY opera any day!" But yeah, 14 years old and listening to dirty talk by women pushing 50 is a good way to make the internal organs responsible for attraction take a long smoke break.

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
Of all ALW's bad decisions you picked the movie as an example? rofl The movie I can live with. The "sequel" to Phantom, however...

Which reminds me, I'm currently working on a series of LND comics starting with the end of it. I'll post them up as I finish them.

Obsessive Kitten

I mention the movie because he let Schumacher direct it and that man is famous for his blunder involving putting nipples on Batman's suit when he was directing one of the Batman movies. That and the man's a stereotypical fairy, not to say anything bad about the gay community. Point was he let the man sex up the main cast (because in all reality it was Schumacher's idea, Webber just gave the OK) and drive the age range down about 20 years. Any younger we would've been dealing with the Disney channel.

Ooh, can't wait to see them!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces