Whatever, don't care. 0.36 36.0% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 75 ]
1 2 >

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:
The all-new, all-female Ghostsbusters are here.

Melissa McCarthy, who was already in talks for one of the leads, has signed on for the Paul Feig-directed reboot, and Sony is now negotiating with Kristen Wiig as well as Saturday Night Live players Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Negotiations are ongoing, but the quartet are expected to sign on as the specter-seeking, poltergeist-punishing, phantom-phollowing foursome in the reboot, which is eyeing a summer shoot in New York.

McCarthy and Wiig have worked with Feig before, both breaking out in the director’s Bridesmaids.

Jones, who is currently onscreen in Chris Rock’s Top Five, joined SNL early last year and this fall was promoted to feature player status.

McKinnon has been on SNL since 2012 and last year was nominated for an Emmy for her work.

The film is set for release on July 22, 2016, Feig said on Twitter.

The Ghostbusters reboot has endured a long development process. Original director Ivan Reitman was on board to return, but while original castmembers Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson had agreed to reprise their characters, Bill Murray proved elusive. Reitman then bowed out of the project when Ramis passed away last year. Following Reitman's departure, Feig was approached to direct and reconceived the project as a reboot starring an all-female cast.

What are your thoughts on this?

8,400 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
It's really cool. I just wish Hollywood would stop making remakes/reboots in general, but I can get with this.

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
I'm skeptical about the new Ghostbusters. I would have preferred to see the original cast in the movie rather than a "reboot" with a completely new cast. Granted they couldn't have had Harold Ramis in the movie but that could have been worked out.

I'm hoping that they'll be in the movie at least a little bit, perhaps as mentors or the new cast's parents or something. I just can't see this as Ghostbusters without Billy Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson in it at least a little bit... Without them I just can't see this as being Ghostbusters. They are what made Ghostbusters... Ghostbusters.

Timid Kitten

It looks ridiculous.
The movie doesn't need a reboot & it certainly doesn't need one with an all female cast.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
W a n ii n o k o
It looks ridiculous.
The movie doesn't need a reboot & it certainly doesn't need one with an all female cast.

This. I'd rather just see another sequel.

Fairy

I had no idea they were making the reboot with an all-female team! That's awesome! I do agree with a few posters though, I wish the movie industry could come up with some original ideas. It's seems everything's either based on books, a reboot, or a sequel right now!

Sparkly Hellhound

--------------------------------------------------------
^(#`∀´)_Ψ Salvation in the darkness...

All of the nope!

As much as I love the Ghostbusters movies, I wasn't even that psyched for the prospect of a third movie. Even with all four original cast members, it would be hard to be as good as the first, or even the sequel. I mean, look at an aged Indiana Jones...

Beauty in the graveyard..⎧ᴿᴵᴾ⎫◟◟◟◟◟◟◟◟ ❀◟(ó ̯ ò, )

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Gerbie Zombils

All of the nope!

As much as I love the Ghostbusters movies, I wasn't even that psyched for the prospect of a third movie. Even with all four original cast members, it would be hard to be as good as the first, or even the sequel. I mean, look at an aged Indiana Jones...

Shia LeBoeuf probably won't be in it, though. You can breathe easy!

Sparkly Hellhound

The Fullmetal Narcissist
Gerbie Zombils

All of the nope!

Shia LeBoeuf probably won't be in it, though. You can breathe easy!

Shia LeBoeuf I can suffer through.

An Egon, Ray, Vekman, and Zeddeman wheezing and struggling to keep up with Nazi ghosts.. my heart can't handle it.

I don't even like Star Wars and I'm mad for Star Wars fans Han Solo will be jetsetting around the galaxy with a hyperspeed hov-a-round.

Obsessed Lovergirl

I'm curious but at the same time not interested.
Ghostbusters are perfect to me just the way it is.
But, of course... Hollywood is running out of ideas and reboots EVERYTHING.

Romantic Senshi

12,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
Seems interesting. =x

Plinti's Husband

Distinct Seeker

11,575 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Interesting, I would watch it. ^^

Romantic Senshi

11,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
I think it sounds interesting! 3nodding

Dapper Gatekeeper

10,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
A. I don't understand why they needed an all female cast. Or why they made a big deal about making it an all female cast.

B. If they don't have Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, and Ernie Hudson in it I'm rage quitting.

With that said I'll give it a shot. I'm not expecting too much out of it. Although I do love me some Melissa McCarthy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff