Total Votes:[ 169 ]
< 1 2

Invisible Gekko

9,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Mindistortion
I kinda thought it would be an Americanized version on Elfen Lied for a bit.

slightly disappointed.

Would you really want an American version on Elfen Lied though? They would take out all the good parts and just leave you with, well Lucy.
I didn't like it. visually, it was great. I loved the effects. they were really pretty. but I didn't like the plot. there were a lot of things that didn't make much sense. like, why didn't she shoot the mob boss when she had him pinned down to his chair? she was willing to shoot a cab driver for not speaking english, but she didn't shoot the guy who ******** her up? she's supposed to be a genius but she didn't realize he'd go after her again? anyway. not the best movie ever but it was shot prettily

Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: KO 200
ending was just a blatant rip off of Akira

Dapper Codger

Concept was blatant misinformation, ending was stupid. But effects were pretty and ScarJo was a lead in a movie! But it was about a white woman slaughtering a slew of minority men. But hot european dude.
Idk if it's a good movie in a less casual standpoint, but I came out of the theater dissatisfied and wouldn't see again, so I voted bad.

ALSO THAT CAR SCENE? Bullshit. So many murdered. Cars flippin' and pedestrians dead. I could deal with her and that one terminally ill guy in the hospital, but whaaaaat. Did they all have liver disease too?

Kindly Lunatic

10,475 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
Mechromancer4Life
Mindistortion
I kinda thought it would be an Americanized version on Elfen Lied for a bit.

slightly disappointed.

Would you really want an American version on Elfen Lied though? They would take out all the good parts and just leave you with, well Lucy.

it could have been!

it would probably need to be cut into 2 or 3 movies, but with the name Lucy and I could see men(her 'captors') being killed by telekinesis....my mind just kinda jumped to conclusions.

Of course, I think they would rip out a lot of the side stories and just mash them all in at the end like no big deal(because thats how a lot of American remakes tend to go) and leave everyone confused.

I liked the movie enough. The idea was good...it got kinda silly in the end (IMO) and there were too many holes. But overall, pretty neat. :]

Susue
I had high expectations for this movie since it's from Luc Besson and he did not disappoint ! I thought some of the cinematography choices really popped and visually it kept my interest the whole time.
I feel kinda bad for this movie because all anyone seems to care about is that its premise is not based on actual science. Believe it or not the gist of science fiction stories aren't grounded in reality either. It is science fiction after all. lol

Thank you! People always seem to forget that science fiction is called science fiction for a reason! XD

Romantic Senshi

12,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
Quite an interesting movie, really enjoyed it. =x

Plinti's Husband

Distinct Seeker

11,575 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
I had a great time, watching it. ^^

Romantic Senshi

11,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
Not what I expected after watching the trailer, but a great movie!

Nuclear Disaster

Hated, hated, hated this movie. Racist and idiotic like a Michael Bay movie.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Susue
I had high expectations for this movie since it's from Luc Besson and he did not disappoint ! I thought some of the cinematography choices really popped and visually it kept my interest the whole time.
I feel kinda bad for this movie because all anyone seems to care about is that its premise is not based on actual science. Believe it or not the gist of science fiction stories aren't grounded in reality either. It is science fiction after all. lol

"It's fiction" is not an excuse to be lazy or unrealistic, that's just bad writing, especially when you make that faulty logic your core premise. People call the last Indiana Jones movie for the fridge to escape the nuke moment, showing an understanding of radiation on the level of 'Duck and Cover' and most audiences would say a movie lost credibility if medicine actually worked like Victorians or earlier thought it did ( someone dying of 'bad humors' or a woman being cured of hysteria by having her overies ripped out for example.) Fiction is an illusion but being realistic makes it easier to immerse yourself in the illusion.

Alien Invader

OtakuJeannie
Susue

"It's fiction" is not an excuse to be lazy or unrealistic, that's just bad writing, especially when you make that faulty logic your core premise. People call the last Indiana Jones movie for the fridge to escape the nuke moment, showing an understanding of radiation on the level of 'Duck and Cover' and most audiences would say a movie lost credibility if medicine actually worked like Victorians or earlier thought it did ( someone dying of 'bad humors' or a woman being cured of hysteria by having her overies ripped out for example.) Fiction is an illusion but being realistic makes it easier to immerse yourself in the illusion.

Oh, I can't argue that. I didn't exactly praise it as a piece of fine writing in my post, if you notice. I just mentioned that I felt a little sorry for it that people couldn't get past the premise. I understand why, but as a science fiction fan it just strikes me oddly since I'm usually a little too keenly aware of how completely implausible the plot mechanics can be. haha Personally, I tend to let a lot more go with the more fantastical genres. Some suspension of disbelief goes a long way--something you should totally be able to relate to as an anime fan. c:

Shameless Hoarder

I saw it and felt like something was way off in that movie. Not the junk about humans only using 10% of their brains. Because that isn't true. But something was missing that made the movie bad.

Quotable Genius

10,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
Ignoring the junk science... I just couldn't get into the movie. I liked the actors, but felt the writing was very weak. The trailers completely showed a completely different movie. I went in expecting something that was remotely close to all the hints we were given.

It also succeeded in giving me a massive headache due to the effects.

I still think the concept is pretty good, but the execution was completely off. It won't get a second watch from me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff