Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm glad the movie turned out better than what I had expected. 3nodding
I thought it was really entertaining. n_n

I'm not sure what my favorite monster would be, but they were all horrific in their own way! gonk

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Firefly Rhapsody
Xiam
Firefly Rhapsody
I can't get over the name of the Angry Molesting Tree...that name...dfsksadfkasd

Well, what else would you call that thing from The Evil Dead? xd

I don't know what my favorite monster would be. Possibly the werewolf, actually.

But yeah, I wasn't really sure what to expect from the movie. To be honest, I think it made it better. If I went in knowing what it was, I don't think it would've been as cool as it was.

True, very true xD Nice, the werewolf was pretty awesome. I kind of wished they gave more insight on the other monsters they had. Some of them sounded pretty awesome.

One thing I loved about the movie is that whenever you expected something to happen or when you think you know what's going to happen, the movie just goes against everything and surprises you. That's what I thought made the movie amazing.

Haha, yeah.

I dunno, though, I like that they didn't go into full detail on all the stuff. Like, with hints and guesses, it makes it feel like a bit of a more deep world. Or something.

Blessed Prophet

8/10. Disgusting rather than terrifying but the variety and storyline was impressive and the ending was unexpectedly and surpringly twisted and good enough to last in a critic's memory despite the vast array of horror movies up front this halloween season. Overall though, worth the watch smile

Dangerous Fairy

poptarts did you say poptarts

WereRetty's Wife

Benevolent Pal

Ah MAN, I thought the movie was going to blow when I seen the preview, I was like "oh great another Scary Movie 4 5 6 franchise of parodies :/" but then I actually sat down and LOVED it. The twist it had made me grin bigger than the Cheshire Cat. I love the originality of it! It's definitely one of my favorites.

Oh man, but favorite monsters.. Hmm. I loved the monsters being released scene and them running amuck most of all but to pick a favorite is hard. I liked the doll-face people and the MerMan.

but oo

picking. I'll have to come back to that later.

Lunatic

5,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
I haven't seen it
But I love Chris Hemsworth (he played Thor recently)
haha the ballerina was awesome there and i think the clown was creepy... over all i think it was very interesting movie, never thought it would be like that XD though it was not scary smile
Hoping to pick up the DVD sometime soon or so, but yeah, saw the film in theatres, it was quite splendid! I thought it was fun but a little typical at first (but that's how it was supposed to be), the scene with monsters is what completely blew me away, of course. The amount of references and homages... Hellraiser, The Ring, Saw, It, Evil Dead, The Strangers, The Shining, etc. Apparently there was even a Left 4 Dead reference, lol.

Loyal Gawker

17,025 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
My favourite horror comedy movie...I like the moster designs especially "The Doll" (they look so horrifying when thye came out of the elevator) and the ending although not satisfying but still it stick to its genre by being satire

Fashionable Lunatic

â„œinny says: I didn't like it. It had a good idea but it ended up being messy and abrupt. The scene where all the monsters came out and crazy s**t happened....that felt insulting. It was too silly. I felt like I was watching a crappy kids movie..with blood. That was too much.

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150

I... honestly thought it sucked. It was an amazing concept and the first half was going so strong, but the entire latter half was a completely rushed mess. Unbelievable potential... insulting execution.

I did like the stoner, though.

areazel's Queen

Generous Fatcat

16,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Vasyl Zaejue
Firefly Rhapsody
yeah, I found I had a problem with the ending as well...I heard a rumor that they might make a second movie, but after all, it's only a rumor. Who knows. I think they had a lot of options for the ending of the movie and I wish they could have explored them more instead of going with the one where the world ends.

Part of me wants to create a Role Play where the ending turned out different. Perhaps the 'gods' were released but less powerful, or something to that end.

I don't know. My ending is where the world becomes post-apocalyptic after the god's rampage or something.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

12,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Yeah but personally I like Cliff hangers. It allows fans of the movie(s) to write their own endings as to what happened. Endings like this disappoint me because now the only new movie(s) in this series will be prequels.
I don't know why people have problems with the ending. I love endings like that, no cliff hangers just a straight up conclusion.

spoilers No wondering at the end of the film, "did he die? or did she die?" cause they all died lol. I just finished watching the special features on the blu ray and Whedon was joking around about how he is known for always killing off fan favorites and this movie, well yea... lol... And she was gonna shoot her friend to save the world. I loved how they gave him a chance to become heroic, but he was just like ******** it let the world end, and smokes a joint. Also since the film is poking fun of the horror genre, they did something different instead of the cliche "virgin" girl survives. To me, it was very satisfying. /spoilers.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

12,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Firefly Rhapsody
yeah, I found I had a problem with the ending as well...I heard a rumor that they might make a second movie, but after all, it's only a rumor. Who knows. I think they had a lot of options for the ending of the movie and I wish they could have explored them more instead of going with the one where the world ends.

Part of me wants to create a Role Play where the ending turned out different. Perhaps the 'gods' were released but less powerful, or something to that end.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff