Welcome to Gaia! ::

bad-chop-suey
Taken is back. And this time it is not about a retired special agent with a license to kill, having his daughter being kidnapped while he keeps his cool. No this time it is way more exciting. Sure there is not going to be any pervy French guys with sweaty brows yet good looks.

What?

bad-chop-suey
But instead it will prove that lighting does strike the same tree twice when the parents of of the girl who got kidnapped in the first film, get kidnapped themselves. There will be drama, a helpless retired killer agent (who I think is rastafarian), his wife that we know nothing about, and whatever Arab/Muslim who they chose to be the villain. Oh and I think that the daughter has to do something to help save the day. Pretty awesome right?

What?

Your statements. They leave me sort of dumbfounded. Mostly because if you didn't like the first movie, why do you seem excited for the second one? your logic of "the first movie wasn't enjoyable because it was unrealistic but the second one which is even MORE unrealistic is when it's gonna be awesome." makes no sense to me.

I'd also like to add that the spikes scene was actually in the movie but depending on what country you viewed it in, is actually whether or not you got to see it. It's the unrated version of the movie. And your statement about Taken 2's ending? You're just going to assume it's unhappy? Along with assuming that an Arab/Muslim is going to be the bad guy? We already know the bad guy is the father of Marko from the first movie. Who is Albanian and wasn't religiously motivated whatsoever.

I'm not looking forward to Taken 2. The first movie was a simple action packed story of a man with a dark history saving the one good thing in his life. The odds of this happening again and simply not just murdering Bryan Mills and his family, makes the premise just seem silly. But since I'm a fan of Luc Besson, benefit of the doubt is warranted.

Timid Phantom

When I saw the first Taken and Liam Neeson told his daughter "You're going to be taken..." it was all cool and stuff, but after watching the trailer and hearing him say "You're going to be taken..." it sounded so corny the second time around.

Hygienic Gaian

countMalif
bad-chop-suey
Taken is back. And this time it is not about a retired special agent with a license to kill, having his daughter being kidnapped while he keeps his cool. No this time it is way more exciting. Sure there is not going to be any pervy French guys with sweaty brows yet good looks.

What?

bad-chop-suey
But instead it will prove that lighting does strike the same tree twice when the parents of of the girl who got kidnapped in the first film, get kidnapped themselves. There will be drama, a helpless retired killer agent (who I think is rastafarian), his wife that we know nothing about, and whatever Arab/Muslim who they chose to be the villain. Oh and I think that the daughter has to do something to help save the day. Pretty awesome right?

What?

Your statements. They leave me sort of dumbfounded. Mostly because if you didn't like the first movie, why do you seem excited for the second one? your logic of "the first movie wasn't enjoyable because it was unrealistic but the second one which is even MORE unrealistic is when it's gonna be awesome." makes no sense to me.

I'd also like to add that the spikes scene was actually in the movie but depending on what country you viewed it in, is actually whether or not you got to see it. It's the unrated version of the movie. And your statement about Taken 2's ending? You're just going to assume it's unhappy? Along with assuming that an Arab/Muslim is going to be the bad guy? We already know the bad guy is the father of Marko from the first movie. Who is Albanian and wasn't religiously motivated whatsoever.

I'm not looking forward to Taken 2. The first movie was a simple action packed story of a man with a dark history saving the one good thing in his life. The odds of this happening again and simply not just murdering Bryan Mills and his family, makes the premise just seem silly. But since I'm a fan of Luc Besson, benefit of the doubt is warranted.

dumbfounded is a pretty good emotion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces