I do, but I can't stand Regina. 0.015503875968992 1.6% [ 4 ]
I do, but I can't stand Bay. 0.038759689922481 3.9% [ 10 ]
I like how they represent the Deaf Culture 0.10852713178295 10.9% [ 28 ]
I don't like how they represent the Deaf Culture 0.023255813953488 2.3% [ 6 ]
Go team Daphne and Emmett! 0.10077519379845 10.1% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 258 ]
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 >

Bashful Ladykiller

So, what does everyone think of this show so far?

I like it a lot. I've even started learning ASL.

What do you guys think Regina's secret is?

Party Member

ASL? What's the show about?

Bashful Ladykiller

ASL : American Sign Language

Here is the info on it on ABC:

The story of two teenage girls who discover they were accidentally switched as newborns in the hospital. Bay Kennish grew up in a wealthy family with two parents and a brother, while Daphne Vasquez, who lost her hearing at an early age due to a case of meningitis, grew up with a single mother in a working-class neighborhood. Things come to a dramatic head when both families meet and struggle to learn how to live together for the sake of the girls.

Party Member

Steel Foxxy

The story of two teenage girls who discover they were accidentally switched as newborns in the hospital. Bay Kennish grew up in a wealthy family with two parents and a brother, while Daphne Vasquez, who lost her hearing at an early age due to a case of meningitis, grew up with a single mother in a working-class neighborhood. Things come to a dramatic head when both families meet and struggle to learn how to live together for the sake of the girls.
xd Yes, I know what ASL is; I'm studying to be an interpreter.
How does the show represent Deaf culture?

Bashful Ladykiller

Kinny Fear
Steel Foxxy

xd Yes, I know what ASL is; I'm studying to be an interpreter.
How does the show represent Deaf culture?

I'm just getting into the Deaf Culture, so I'm not actually sure. I've read some places that people don't like how the show is saying a majority of Deaf people know how to read lips, when they actually don't.

Other than that, I'm still reading about it.

Party Member

Steel Foxxy
I'm just getting into the Deaf Culture, so I'm not actually sure. I've read some places that people don't like how the show is saying a majority of Deaf people know how to read lips, when they actually don't.

Did she actually learn how to read lips, or could she do it instinctively? If it's the former, yes that does upset people.
You should check out any Deaf meetups in your area. 3nodding Ask your teacher about it.

Bashful Ladykiller

Kinny Fear
Steel Foxxy

Did she actually learn how to read lips, or could she do it instinctively? If it's the former, yes that does upset people.
You should check out any Deaf meetups in your area. 3nodding Ask your teacher about it.

So far, I don't believe they said much on how she is able to read lips. I do believe it's instinctive from what I gathered, but Daphne goes to a Deaf school (obvious) and so far (the third episode is tomorrow) both of the deaf people introduced in the show can read lips.

It's the kind of thing I think you might just have to see.

(and I definitely will check out the deaf meet ups. I'm on summer vacation so It's perfect timing.)

Party Member

Steel Foxxy
Kinny Fear
Steel Foxxy

So far, I don't believe they said much on how she is able to read lips. I do believe it's instinctive from what I gathered, but Daphne goes to a Deaf school (obvious) and so far (the third episode is tomorrow) both of the deaf people introduced in the show can read lips.

It's absolutely not instinctive. Have you ever tried it? wink
Are the actors deaf?

Party Member

Oops, I meant to say latter when I said former. (Always getting them mixed up)

Bashful Ladykiller

Kinny Fear
Steel Foxxy
Kinny Fear
Steel Foxxy

It's absolutely not instinctive. Have you ever tried it? wink
Are the actors deaf?

Yes, the actor is actually Deaf.

(Like I said, I'm only JUST learning. ;~; )

2,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Steel Foxxy

i dont think so

Bashful Ladykiller

shiunky
Steel Foxxy

i dont think so

What? lol

Party Member

Steel Foxxy

That's good. 3nodding

I hope you enjoy your education, and if you ever want to chat about it you could PM me.

Bashful Ladykiller

Kinny Fear
Steel Foxxy

That's good. 3nodding

I hope you enjoy your education, and if you ever want to chat about it you could PM me.

^0^ I think I will. I'm eager to learn about it.
It's okay.
I don't care for most of the characters.
The parents are very annoying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces