I like how they represent the Deaf Culture 0.10852713178295 10.9% [ 28 ]
I don't like how they represent the Deaf Culture 0.023255813953488 2.3% [ 6 ]
Go team Daphne and Emmett! 0.10077519379845 10.1% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 258 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >

Conservative Gaian

Sid Chastity
Syumerrt
Well I'll have to admit this is the only show on ABC that I like...watched a few episodes of Secret Life when it started then lost interest...and now, not even completely sure about that show. Oh well I still got Doctor Who, Torchwood, and all my favorite animes.
As for this show, my favorite characters would probably be Daphne and Emmet, possibly Tolby? Not so much with Bay though, and Regina is a bit iffy though I do agree she seems to be better then the Kennish as a parent, and probably expected considering my two favorite characters but I would like to see Daphne and Emmet together.
Just one question, is Daphne completely deaf? Because I've noticed multiple times that she's wearing hearing aids (and by the looks of them, look like the same model I have to wear) , and I'm not deaf myself. I just have inner hearing loss, or was it outer I honestly can't remember.

I think the character is supposed to be completely deaf. However, the actress is not completely deaf. The actress, Katie Leclerc has Meniere's Disease.
Daphne is, for the most part, completely deaf, however with the aid of hearing aids she can hear some sounds, but not to the point where she can actually 'hear'. If...that makes any sense. ^^;;
This might be an unpopular opinion, but does anyone feel that Daphne is being a bit selfish? Emmett is happy with Bay, and Daphne has always had him but never realized how amazing he was until it was too late. Besides she has Wilke, who seems like a great guy underneath the cocky bullshitting exterior. Yay? Nay? Although I do get he's her best friend in the whole world so it's understandable that she would resent Bay. Sigh. Nevermind.

Familiar Fatcat

GossamerLies XVI
This might be an unpopular opinion, but does anyone feel that Daphne is being a bit selfish? Emmett is happy with Bay, and Daphne has always had him but never realized how amazing he was until it was too late. Besides she has Wilke, who seems like a great guy underneath the cocky bullshitting exterior. Yay? Nay? Although I do get he's her best friend in the whole world so it's understandable that she would resent Bay. Sigh. Nevermind.

I kind of agree. I like Emmet and Bay together. Daphne is being a bit selfish. However, at the same time i understand she is hurt because it was selfish of Bay to not want her to date Liam too. They both just need a bit of maturity.

3,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
I love this show and Emmit is kinda cute

Beloved Sweetheart

7,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
I love this show,my friend recommended this to me and I'm so glad she did xD it hasn't come to Sweden yet,so I have to watch it online. Oh,and this show has made me want to learn sign language.

At first I didn't like Bay,she seemed like a brat and I thought it was so unfair what she did to Daphne. She made her dump Liam,but continued to date Ty o.O However,I do like her now that I've watched more episodes and I think she's pretty cool. I love her style biggrin

5,100 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
La Enchilada
GossamerLies XVI

I kind of agree. I like Emmet and Bay together. Daphne is being a bit selfish. However, at the same time i understand she is hurt because it was selfish of Bay to not want her to date Liam too. They both just need a bit of maturity.

You made some good points.
I feel like the character improvement is really slow in this show.The last episode(when they went to the festival) felt like a filler episode for me.Daphne and Bay are both intelligent and they act really immature around eachother. They should sit down and talk about their problems/frustrations.
I won't give up on this show yet, but yeah it has it's flaws... confused
Steel Foxxy
So, what does everyone think of this show so far?

I like it a lot. I've even started learning ASL.

What do you guys think Regina's secret is?

this show is AMAZING heart I didnt like Bay that much for the first season, but now I like her more than Daphne. I think Daphne is being a brat because she doesnt really like the idea of Bay and her biological parents together even though Daphne has hers. Bay doesnt really get to see her father alot and Daphne doesnt really agree, so that makes me kinda angry that Daphne is being kinda selfish. I wish Daphne and Bay were friends again because it just seemed better! XD . I like how Emmit and Bay are dating ! heart

Fashionable Businesswoman

3,850 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I really like the show slot. The sign language is so amazing, and it makes me want to also learn. The story is very I intense right now with emmett and Angelo

puramuu's Senpai

13,975 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Bay is really growing on me and at first I wasn't so keen on the Emmet and Bay pairing but I'm really starting to like it. I knew one of the girls would get worse and the other better. Now Daphne is getting slightly irritating. But we'll see if the writers fumble her character or not.

4,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
I love the show. I take ASL at my school and I enjoy the show because, it helps me learn ASL.
I love the show! It's very interesting.Daphne and Bay are cool,but I don't like how Bay got mad at Daphne for dating Liam when she was dating Ty.Daphne broke up with Liam and Bay still dated Ty, until he moved.Then,she got with Emmett.Also, John and Katherine get in to people's business.Like when Angelo came and went to their house,John got mad and told him to leave when that's Bay's biological father.He gets mad at everything.Anyways,the show is awesome and I love Bay's artwork and her room with the Frida Kahlo quote on the wall.Can't wait for Tuesday's episodes! biggrin

Familiar Fatcat

Did any one see the show that just aired tonight?

OMG...why, emmet?? D: I can't wait to see what happens after all that.... gonk

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Got into this show a few months after it came out, I'm on episode 15. I'm trying to figure out why Bay and Simone hate each other, so I'm hoping that comes up soon. Wilke=d**k, but becoming more likeable. I wish he'd start learning sign.

A few friends of mine are taking ASL classes, and they're teaching me in bits and pieces. I love learning the language. I love being able to keep up a conversation with friends in sign. I hope to take ASL in college, and I want to learn more about deaf culture.

Man-Lover

OMG TONIGHTS SHOWING WAS AMAZING! heart heart

Man-Lover

La Enchilada
Did any one see the show that just aired tonight?

OMG...why, emmet?? D: I can't wait to see what happens after all that.... gonk
I know right. I knew it was going to happen when they she asked to help. ASFJKL;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff