Aged Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
Ven Loki Loraine
Lucifer the Corrupt
Fetal_Mind
Crowley's been super useless for the last two seasons, and I'm pretty much tired of seeing his useless, crusty white a** on my screen. This cast is already whiter than classic Hollywood, getting rid of Crowley would not hurt. He's, like, the most useless leader of Hell, Abaddon would have been so much better at ruling and turning Hell back into its former glory.

Dean still isn't on good terms with me, not with that s**t he pulled last season. Like, I understand why he did it and the position he was in, but that still doesn't make it anymore okay about what he did and his reasoning for it. As to quote Orange is the New Black, "love is not an excuse." I've fought with so many abuse apologists about this, I'm just so done. And it's nice to see he's still on it this season.

Sam still takes everyone's s**t and doesn't really protest, he deserves so much better, he needs a break from all this.

I 100% agree with all of this. Especially Dean, he hasn't been in my good graces since that bullshit with letting Gadreel posess Sam instead of letting Sam go. FFS, he could've finally had some peace! He's done enough! You selfish b*****d. *growls*. Sam does deserve better, and how many times has Dean kept him from getting it? Too many.

That quote. Perfect.

If he had just let Sam die (who honestly expected that just for one second?), that would have been the most ridiculous/laziest ending to a show ever and would have made everything that happened from season 3 onwards a joke.

Nah, doesn't work like that.

The issue at hand was Dean violating Sam's bodily autonomy and taking away his choice in the matter when he knew Sam would hate it, he know Sam wouldn't be okay with, so he was acknowledging his choice will have a negative impact, he spent months gaslighting Sam about the very real problems it brought, and in the end, justifying his decision to to do so and saying he would do it again.

People need to stop with, "well, Sam would have died!" because in doing so, you iundermine the very real abuse that has be spun into that situation, and in doing so, you take Dean's side in his thinking that he has the right to overrule Sam's decisions and choices if he doesn't like them.

Yes, Sam is alive, but at the cost of other people's live and Sam's bodily autonomy, all because Dean did refuse to let Sam die because of his fear of being alone, but that does not justify his actions, that does not excuse his actions, and replying with, "Sam would have died," does not make it anymore okay.

They both had agreed to move on if the other died, and Sam had done just that. to which Dean got angry about. Sam had also tried to bring him back in season four, to which Dean got angry about that, too. So, what is it? Is it only for Dean to make those decisions, is it only for Dean's convenience, disliking anyone who does the same actions as he does? It's one of Dean's hugest character flaws.

It would make sense, it's character development, and it addresses one of the facets of their codependency--it doesn't eliminate it (Sam and Dean need psychiatric intervention to even begin to address it). Sam and Dean learning to not destroy and wreck the world in order to bring each other back, it's lessening it, it's trying to minimize the destructive quality it has.

But the excuse, "Sam would have died," still doesn't hold a candle to what he did and needs to stop being used to justify Dean's horrendous actions toward Sam, while in the process, shames and belittles Sam's own internal struggles with Dean's decisions.

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
*runs screaming through thread*

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?! What do things mean 200th episode has officially made me fangirl to excess...

Shameless Victory

the new ep. omg. i think the cage is gonna open. 3nodding

Omnipresent Demigod

HDMI
~~~
I will hopefully catch this iconic 200th episode tomorrow night. I hope its filled with laughs!
~~~

Omnipresent Demigod

`Hydro
*runs screaming through thread*

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?! What do things mean 200th episode has officially made me fangirl to excess...

HDMI
~~~
I know right. I don't think they thought they would ever reach such a milestone.
~~~

Chatty Lunatic

10,475 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
HDMI
HDMI
~~~
I will hopefully catch this iconic 200th episode tomorrow night. I hope its filled with laughs!
~~~

Ugh I have to catch up on this season because the finale didn't really pull me in but this this episode made me laugh and it made me cry

Omnipresent Demigod

DirtyVibe
HDMI
HDMI
~~~
~~~

Ugh I have to catch up on this season because the finale didn't really pull me in but this this episode made me laugh and it made me cry

HDMI
~~~
Cry as in laughed so hard you cried? Or sad crying?
~~~

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I wasn't really looking forward to this ep. Like I thought the musical s**t was going to be really cringeworthy but wow that was way better than I expected and pretty hilarious
My mom who just started watching this season called me laughing hysterically over it after she told me it was going to be totally stupid from the previews.

Chatty Lunatic

10,475 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
HDMI
DirtyVibe
HDMI
HDMI
~~~
~~~

HDMI
~~~
Cry as in laughed so hard you cried? Or sad crying?
~~~

Its a little bit of both xD

Undead Deadeye

Misha Collinz
I wasn't really looking forward to this ep. Like I thought the musical s**t was going to be really cringeworthy but wow that was way better than I expected and pretty hilarious
My mom who just started watching this season called me laughing hysterically over it after she told me it was going to be totally stupid from the previews.

Saaame. I was kinda looking forward to it, but at the same time dreading it a little because I expected it to give me some major second-hand embarrassment. I'm really glad I was wrong about it though because it turned out to be a beautiful episode.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Fetal_Mind
Ven Loki Loraine
Lucifer the Corrupt
Fetal_Mind
Crowley's been super useless for the last two seasons, and I'm pretty much tired of seeing his useless, crusty white a** on my screen. This cast is already whiter than classic Hollywood, getting rid of Crowley would not hurt. He's, like, the most useless leader of Hell, Abaddon would have been so much better at ruling and turning Hell back into its former glory.

Dean still isn't on good terms with me, not with that s**t he pulled last season. Like, I understand why he did it and the position he was in, but that still doesn't make it anymore okay about what he did and his reasoning for it. As to quote Orange is the New Black, "love is not an excuse." I've fought with so many abuse apologists about this, I'm just so done. And it's nice to see he's still on it this season.

Sam still takes everyone's s**t and doesn't really protest, he deserves so much better, he needs a break from all this.

I 100% agree with all of this. Especially Dean, he hasn't been in my good graces since that bullshit with letting Gadreel posess Sam instead of letting Sam go. FFS, he could've finally had some peace! He's done enough! You selfish b*****d. *growls*. Sam does deserve better, and how many times has Dean kept him from getting it? Too many.

That quote. Perfect.

If he had just let Sam die (who honestly expected that just for one second?), that would have been the most ridiculous/laziest ending to a show ever and would have made everything that happened from season 3 onwards a joke.

The issue at hand was Dean violating Sam's bodily autonomy and taking away his choice in the matter when he knew Sam would hate it, he know Sam wouldn't be okay with, so he was acknowledging his choice will have a negative impact, he spent months gaslighting Sam about the very real problems it brought, and in the end, justifying his decision to to do so and saying he would do it again.

People need to stop with, "well, Sam would have died!" because in doing so, you iundermine the very real abuse that has be spun into that situation, and in doing so, you take Dean's side in his thinking that he has the right to overrule Sam's decisions and choices if he doesn't like them.

Yes, Sam is alive, but at the cost of other people's live and Sam's bodily autonomy, all because Dean did refuse to let Sam die because of his fear of being alone, but that does not justify his actions, that does not excuse his actions, and replying with, "Sam would have died," does not make it anymore okay.

They both had agreed to move on if the other died, and Sam had done just that. to which Dean got angry about. Sam had also tried to bring him back in season four, to which Dean got angry about that, too. So, what is it? Is it only for Dean to make those decisions, is it only for Dean's convenience, disliking anyone who does the same actions as he does? It's one of Dean's hugest character flaws.

It would make sense, it's character development, and it addresses one of the facets of their codependency--it doesn't eliminate it (Sam and Dean need psychiatric intervention to even begin to address it). Sam and Dean learning to not destroy and wreck the world in order to bring each other back, it's lessening it, it's trying to minimize the destructive quality it has.

But the excuse, "Sam would have died," still doesn't hold a candle to what he did and needs to stop being used to justify Dean's horrendous actions toward Sam, while in the process, shames and belittles Sam's own internal struggles with Dean's decisions.

I disagree.

Sorry, I don't really have anything else to contribute. I don't take the unrealistic internal struggles of these characters seriously enough. As long as they kick monster butts, I honestly don't give a damn about any of the pasted on brother angst which is so horribly written that it has made me cringe since season 1.

Actually, I think this whole drama angst crap is the downfall of this show. It's unrealistic and repetitive. That's why I choose to ignore it as good ad I can.

Ice-Cold Victory

My sister has midterms this week so I'm waiting for her to be done before I watch...but I'm just so tempted to see the episode without her!
200 episodes is a long run. Glad to see people enjoyed it tonight!

well feck's Husbando

Heart Collector

13,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Misha Collinz

I thought pretty much the same thing. It wasn't bad really, I enjoyed it. Especially the very end. I'm pretty sure I screamed super loud at my screen.

well feck's Husbando

Heart Collector

13,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Fetal_Mind

The issue at hand was Dean violating Sam's bodily autonomy and taking away his choice in the matter when he knew Sam would hate it, he know Sam wouldn't be okay with, so he was acknowledging his choice will have a negative impact, he spent months gas lighting Sam about the very real problems it brought, and in the end, justifying his decision to to do so and saying he would do it again.

People need to stop with, "well, Sam would have died!" because in doing so, you undermine the very real abuse that has be spun into that situation, and in doing so, you take Dean's side in his thinking that he has the right to overrule Sam's decisions and choices if he doesn't like them.

You expressed this far better then I ever could. 100% Agree. Thank you.

Feline Bookworm

I was surprised to find that I actually liked the 2OOth episode, especially the ending.
Almost brought a tear to my eye. :']

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces