The everything about it is just great. emotion_c8

Archer Cordero's Princess

Tipsy Man-Lover

10,750 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Generous 100
  • Gaian 50
I adore Star Wars.
Especially the strong female characters.
3nodding

Esther Otonashi
I guess that makes me one of the old guard, then? I generally dislike everything that came out post Episode I.

O.G. Gaian

Maltese_Falcon91
I guess that makes me one of the old guard, then? I generally dislike everything that came out post Episode I.

I remember being so excited when we heard they were going to make the prequels, then each new trailer that came out for Episode I just stoked the glee. And yes, we went to the midnight showing. Long story short, I still haven't bothered watching Episode II. *shrug*

A friend actually got a bunch of tickets for the midnight premier for Episode III and surprised us with them, though, so I did catch that one. Maybe my expectations were just so low by then, but I did actually enjoy that one well enough.

I'm tough to please, though -- I prefer the old versions of the original trilogy. Yeah, it was great to see them in the theater when the remastered versions came out, but I thought the additions just looked... well, dumb.

Needless to say, I'm practically afraid to acknowledge that they're even making more at this point.

Hygienic Smoker

The prequels were decent, i enjoyed much of the mid content they made in between the prequel years (the comics, the spin off shows, especially some of the games).
faolan
I remember being so excited when we heard they were going to make the prequels, then each new trailer that came out for Episode I just stoked the glee. And yes, we went to the midnight showing. Long story short, I still haven't bothered watching Episode II. *shrug*

It's... not a very good movie. I think the biggest problem with it is that Lucas was terrified he was losing his core audience by making Episode I mostly for children, so he decided to make things darker and edgier. He also noticed that people seemed to like Boba Fett, so he decided to make billions of Fett clones, and make Boba the arch nemesis of all Jedi or something.

What I just like to do at this point is pretend that Battle Beyond the Stars was Episode I, and just mentally photoshop Akir into Naboo.

Super Spirit

If I could tip you more I would!

Star Wars >>>

emotion_kirakira

Lonely Master

Yeah, I agree. I still remember being a toddler and watching Episode 6 for the first time.
User Image

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
Indeed, Star Wars is definitely a great franchise. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and it's also a huge part of my daily life-- my room is filled with Star Wars stuff, I listen to the various movie and game soundtracks frequently, I read the books and comics, I play all the games, I even do movie-accurate Star Wars costuming (as part of the Rebel Legion and soon in the 501st Legion). It's definitely a great thing. smile

Was I happy when Disney took it over? Eh, not so much. It wasn't really the fact that Disney took it over-- I would rather have Disney get it than some company in another country-- but some of the things they've done with it have been rather questionable. But besides that...

Star Wars Rebels was awesome. I saw the "movie" Friday night-- even though it's not really a movie, just a slightly longer episode-- and it met and exceeded my expectations. It's better than I thought it would be. It has the Clone Wars vibe (and Clone Wars was an awesome series) but it also definitely has the vibe of the original trilogy, it's got a lot of the A New Hope feeling to it. I definitely enjoyed it.

...And I'm also thinking about my first Star Wars Rebels costume. I'm thinking about an AT-DP driver or possibly Agent Kallus, though I don't have the body for him at all...

Eloquent Streaker

I've honestly lost most of the interest I used to have in Star Wars, to the point that my only real involvement with the franchise is playing the tabletop RPG (running a Hutt who's multiclassed in Noble, Soldier and Crime Lord).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff