Sherlock Holmes(First Movie) 0.58441558441558 58.4% [ 225 ]
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows 0.41558441558442 41.6% [ 160 ]
Total Votes:[ 385 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

3,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
I loved the first one heart but i got to say the ending of the second one i never saw coming 4laugh
I love how they handeled the endding of number two.

Dapper Dabbler

Sherlock Holmes is currently one of my favorite stories, although I'm not sure if that's really how to describe it. I love the original stories and have gone through most of them at least twice, but I really love how it's something that's really never died and has evolved through the years. There are so many different incarnations of Holmes and Watson and most of them just add to it.

The movies with Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law are great- a lot of action and quirky humor. I like their take on the relationship between them, even if Holmes seems a bit clingy, heh. I'm not sure which one I like better, although I might lean towards the second one. It seemed a lot longer, and I was surprised when they threw Reichenbach in at the end there.

I'm currently slowly making my way through the Granada series. Jeremy Brett is awesome. biggrin I'm really glad that I decided to look it up. And of course there's the BBC's Sherlock, which I'm more or less in love with. Great pacing, beautiful cinematography, amazing actors, and pretty deep cases that still throw a lot of callbacks to the original stories while keeping it modern.

There are apparently quite a few extra books out there done by different authors over the years too. The only one I've read so far is Professor Moriarty: Hound of D'urbervilles. Just as the Holmes stories are narrated by Watson, Hound of D'urbervilles is about some of Moriarty's crimes as narrated by Moran. It's very good and- woah, the ending literally had me just set the book down and gape for a bit. Has anyone else read it?

Blessed Hunter

5,900 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Befriended 100
Honestly, I disliked the original book ending Sir Doyle had for Holmes. It seemed like "oh I'm tired of writing this, oh I know here I'll throw him down this hole, and the end, oh I guess we need a worthy villain then, ehhh maybe this will do, yeah, good enough"
So, I'm really glad he backed out of that and continued to write!

Fashionable Citizen

10,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Marathon 300
To be honest, Ive never seen the movies, I would love to though, Jr. has so much sex appeal, awesome for the big screen. But Im really into BBC's version xDD Cumberbatch has all my love

Witty Lunatic

I liked Game of Shadows over The first one......
Watson Was Just So Cute! 4laugh
And There Was WAY More Action In The Second One..... I Could Not Really Follow The First One.....

And YES BBC Sherlock Is The Best emotion_awesome

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
The only thing I disliked about the second movie is the lack of Adler.

Aged Gaian

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Oh that was sad!! I was slightly in shock when that happened, oh the heartbreak!
Okay people keep saying that they see romance between Holmes and Watson--and I guess in the movies I can see why they'd say that, but I'm really not seeing it. To me it just seems like they're good friends. I didn't get any romantic or sexually charged undertones, aside from what they blatantly put there. And everyone knows the romance is in the subtext. Did anyone else feel that way?

Blessed Hunter

5,900 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Befriended 100
axisofsymmetry
Okay people keep saying that they see romance between Holmes and Watson--and I guess in the movies I can see why they'd say that, but I'm really not seeing it. To me it just seems like they're good friends. I didn't get any romantic or sexually charged undertones, aside from what they blatantly put there. And everyone knows the romance is in the subtext. Did anyone else feel that way?

In the books, the only way I see romance is because my friend and I got inside jokes to the new movies (as well as "Without a Clue" with michael Cain, they act like an old married couple in that movie), and I tried NOT seeing it that way, so that just made me see "romance!!" in any little thing said. Really, I think the "Romance/bromance" thing comes from the movies, not the books. But I must say, in the last stories it seems like Sir Doyle just had his personal revenge by making their friendship a bit more like "you're hurt! oh no!" kind of thing...

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150
I'm not too sure. I loved both movies, but while I think the first movie is probably the better quality one, I think the second one was a little more entertaining overall.
I love the ending and especially the ending credits song...I know how to play it on the piano ^^

Aged Gaian

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
FullMetal-Fiction
I love the ending and especially the ending credits song...I know how to play it on the piano ^^

I loved, just completely loved, the soundtrack. As of lately, it seems like Hans Zimmer just stalks me musically, because if there's a movie where I loved the music completely, it turns out that Hans Zimmer collaborated on it. The Pirates movies, the Lion King, Road to El Dorado, Prince of Egypt, Spirit, Kung Fu Panda, to name a few.
Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law's chemistry is simply unbeatable in these movies. Love them. emotion_c8

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
The Forgotten Sacrafice
There should be a Sherlock option, as in the new-ish BBC television show that makes Sherlock a modern-day wonder.
Its an AMAZING show.
Go.
Watch it.
Watch it now.

I just finished it. I love the BBC's Sherlock! I can't wait for season/series 3.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff