Welcome to Gaia! ::

With what "new" version are you happy?

BBC Sherlock Series 0.46551724137931 46.6% [ 54 ]
Sherlock Holmes 2010/2012 Movies 0.4051724137931 40.5% [ 47 ]
Lucy Liu, yeah let's see that! 0.060344827586207 6.0% [ 7 ]
I heard there's a total different version coming up! 0.068965517241379 6.9% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 116 ]
This poll closed on November 23, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 >

Aged Gaian

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Sherlock Holmes, the books, tv, movies, etc. Discuss it here!

In my opinion, knowing both book and movie makes it more entertaining. When you read the books and also watch whatever else is out there (tv, movie, etc) it gives you a bit more ground to cover, a bigger scope, and thus bigger fun. You start getting excited when they add little things that nod to the original book and author, it's a big nerd party and that's what I love most. You get to discuss the topic backwards and frontwards in any detail instead of just "oh i like this actor, he's funny" There's far more to debate and discover.

Interesting Capitalist

5,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
DrJHWatson

Sherlock Holmes, the books, tv, movies, etc. Discuss it here!

In my opinion, knowing both book and movie makes it more entertaining. When you read the books and also watch whatever else is out there (tv, movie, etc) it gives you a bit more ground to cover, a bigger scope, and thus bigger fun. You start getting excited when they add little things that nod to the original book and author, it's a big nerd party and that's what I love most. You get to discuss the topic backwards and frontwards in any detail instead of just "oh i like this actor, he's funny" There's far more to debate and discover.

Right :3 I read the Canon first, then started to watch the various adaptations, which made both more meaningful - you get to see what you've read, and you get to feel really happy when parts of your favourite story make it into adaptations!

Blessed Hunter

5,900 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Befriended 100
Oh! Can't decide which one would be really a favorite....yeah the new movies whee

Though it's hard for me to find the Sherlock bbc series, so I haven't really seen it yet.

Interesting Shapeshifter

7,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
I personally enjoy the new movies. I thought they did an exceptional job with capturing the characters.
Downey did a really good job portraying Holmes. And they finally did an amazing job with Watson. I've seen so many people think Watson is this old, fat man when in reality he was in the army and he helps Holmes greatly with the mysteries.

Aged Gaian

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Blackcrash2
I personally enjoy the new movies. I thought they did an exceptional job with capturing the characters.
Downey did a really good job portraying Holmes. And they finally did an amazing job with Watson. I've seen so many people think Watson is this old, fat man when in reality he was in the army and he helps Holmes greatly with the mysteries.

Oh yes! I loved that. He was pretty agile, when he meets Holmes, he's just out of the war, right? Though they do change the location of his wound in the book.

Interesting Shapeshifter

7,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
DrJHWatson
Blackcrash2

Oh yes! I loved that. He was pretty agile, when he meets Holmes, he's just out of the war, right? Though they do change the location of his wound in the book.

Yep, he was just out of the war. If I remember... I think he was discharged from the war due to some shrapnel in his leg or knee (or something like that).

Aged Gaian

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Blackcrash2
DrJHWatson
Blackcrash2

Yep, he was just out of the war. If I remember... I think he was discharged from the war due to some shrapnel in his leg or knee (or something like that).

Yeah and in later (or earlier, can't remember) books, the "old wound" is in the arm.

Long before, I did have a slight interest in the Sherlock Holmes novels, but it wasn't until after I saw the 2010 movie (and "Without A Clue" and "The Great Mouse Detective" ) that I fell in complete love with it, and made it a goal to read all of the original novels! Even the parody the very author wrote! heart

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
I started with the Robert Downey Jr movies, read the books & then became ADDICTED to the BBC version!
I started with Hounds of Baskerville, Study in Scarlet, and Sign of Four. Then I saw the first RDJ movie. Then BBC Sherlock Season 1. Read up on some of the short stories and saw the second RDJ and BBC. Elementary is pretty interesting. smile

Blessed Hunter

5,900 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Befriended 100
Is there really another version coming up? Other than the "american" Lucy Liu version.

Aged Gaian

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I'm not so sure I want to see the new "American" version confused

Blessed Hunter

5,900 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Befriended 100
When does that even come out? did it already? question

Dangerous Fairy

Sherlock BBC is awesome
I LOVE the Robert Downey Jr version of Sherlock Holmes. I haven't seen the other versions yet, but I probably will eventually.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff