Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you curious in trying what Sega is gonna cook up?

Absolutely!! 0.23333333333333 23.3% [ 7 ]
I'll try it out, but for curiosity. 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 4 ]
Maybe when it's on Hulu, Netflix, or any other places online. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
If I was dared into it. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Nope. 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 4 ]
Not interested. 0.066666666666667 6.7% [ 2 ]
NEVER! 0.1 10.0% [ 3 ]
Depends on the actors and the acting used. 0.033333333333333 3.3% [ 1 ]
As long as they keep it consistent with the games. 0.26666666666667 26.7% [ 8 ]
Waiting for a Sonic movie, that hopefully doesn't look like Sonic Boom. 0.033333333333333 3.3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]

Ghost Buster

28,850 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
Well... Since I'm not usually the kind of guy who readily talks about possible movies or obscure tip-offs from a source. But the Anime News Network posted up this article about them hiring an executive Evan Cholfin, to which I don't seem to recognize most of his works... He'll be the development executive for such movies, series, and/or live-action adaptations on: Shinobi, Crazy Taxi, Rise of Nightmares, Streets of Rage, Altered Beast, Virtua Fighter and the possibility of Golden Axe being adapted. Upon finding this out, I looked into it deeper- AND, I found some more possible movies/shows. Such as Panzer Dragoon, Phantasy Star, Resonance of Fate, The House of the Dead, Vitua Cop, and even Super Monkey Ball.

Many of these I'm not familiar with, the exceptions would be Crazy Taxi and Golden Axe, as I played these SO much in arcades when I was young. I had to be taken away from playing Crazy Taxi once, because I was getting in the groove for getting to my destinations on time. And the same for Golden Axe, as my bro, my cousins, and myself played this game A LOT. We helped each other make it through the levels and aided each other when we've fallen. Never beaten the game ourselves, though.

I would REALLY be interested into seeing Golden Axe made into a movie. It would be kinda fun to see a Lord of the Rings-like adventure action movie, it's such an under-appreciated type of movie genre. Where we follow our 3 protagonists, a dwarf, a barbarian, and an amazonian travel to avenge the death of their families, by killing the wielder of the golden axe, Death Adder. Hopefully they'll get better clothes, more story, and hopefully NO love story between any of the main characters. One is an Amazonian, it is understandable if she has no interest in men. But knowing Hollywood, they'll shoehorn in a love story somehow.

I really can't see Crazy Taxi as a movie... at all. If they would intentionally make it 90's campy, The Fast and The Furious -like feel, with 90's terminology that most 90's kids or people who endured the 90's would enjoy. I can see it being a stupid (in a good way) and fun movie. As long as they avoid the use of drugs as the primary influence to the characters' actions, then I'll be very curious to see how it pans out.

I haven't played Rise of Nightmares, but watching a bit of PewDiePie's old playthrough- It looks like it would be a Silent Hill -esk movie. Hopefully it won't be as bad. But by the look of it, it'll be a fun suspenseful movie.

And I understand, there has been little to no success in adapting a video game into a movie. But it's always a fun experiment to witness how Hollywood would turn simple or not-so-simple concepts into a full length movie or series.

What do you think? Which games are you interested in seeing become movies? What other old or new games would you like to see be turned into movies? What actor would be great for which role?

Romantic Senshi

12,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
Yes, as long as they keep it consistent with the games. =x

Romantic Senshi

11,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
Hope they're good heart

Plinti's Husband

Distinct Seeker

11,575 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Shinobi, Altered Beast and Golden Axe would make great movies, as long as they keep it consistent with the games. ^^
never im not interested in Sega

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces