Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Star

Whats the sariest movie you've ever seen?

Magic Spirit

17,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
User Image

For some reason insidious scared me the first time I watched it
I suspect that was from drinking because when I watched it again it had hardly any effect on me
honestly, movies never scare me
it's kinda disappointing

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shy Star

Prismatic Poltergeist
User Image

For some reason insidious scared me the first time I watched it
I suspect that was from drinking because when I watched it again it had hardly any effect on me
honestly, movies never scare me
it's kinda disappointing

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Insidious wasn't exactly scary, but it was....weird. I was on shrooms when i watched it and it was...intense.
No movie is actually scary if you stop and think about it, but I have to say that I have been unable to watch Jeepers Creepers because the beginning freaked me out. sweatdrop
Friday The 13th! I'm heart Horror Movies! smile

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Secret Window. the only horror movie i like so far. i kinda sympathize with Johnny Depp's character. If i was in his shoes, i'd have done the same thing. twisted

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250

Saw it when I was eight. Couldn't sleep for two days straight.
Also, the Ring and the Grudge. I don't like the uncanny valley.

Shy Star

Exoth XIII

The shining isn't exactly scary especially because of this episode

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Cosmog
Exoth XIII

The shining isn't exactly scary especially because of this episode

12 years ago, that episode didn't exist. Besides, the majority of any good scare is building suspense. When Randy goes nuts, because people keep making fun of his terrible decision, it's not scary, it's funny. On the other hand, you've got Jack, whose motivations are more complex. You see a decent person slowly start to come unhinged, and being as it's Jack Nicholson, it's pulled off beautifully. When he finally loses his s**t, though, it actually starts to become a little LESS scary, because Nicholson is so much in his element. It's hard NOT to like crazy Jack. He's just so hammy.

Unable to identify Vimeo video URL.
I've never really been scared by movies but Begotten unnerved me a bit with it's bizarre imagery and the last half hour of Audition genuinely managed to creep me out. Thirst had some gross out moments too.

Robotic Exhibitionist

I usually only get scared by jump scares because I'm easily startled. The only thing that every really scared me was really dumb. It was the ratguy from Masters of Horror's Dreams in the Which House. It wasn't scary when I watched it and I even poked fun of it for a good bit with my boyfriend, but I kept having recurring nightmares about it, to the point where I couldn't sleep. ******** ratguy.

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Grave Encounters freaked me out quite a bit honestly. I think the only saving grace for me getting through it was that I had my big'ol squishable platypus with me.

1408 was fun, but not really scary. Ditto for Dog Soldiers (Got some great scenes in it), Event Horizon (Can't go wrong with Lawrence Fishburne and Sam Neil), The Cabin In The Woods (Such meta <3), and the (original) Evil Dead series.

I can't watch slasher movies or Saw type movies though, A) because Slashers are dirt simple to deal with, and B) because I don't find the Saw movies scary, just...needlessly gross, and this is coming from someone that giggles endlessly while playing Brutal DOOM ('Zerker pack finishers for EVERYONE!).

Lavish Dreamer

26,000 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Cool Cat 500
Growing up, I saw lots of horror movies at friends' houses but the original Charlie and The Chocolate Factory creeped me out because it was the first movie I'd seen where the bad things were happening to kids that weren't teenagers.

Shy Star

Koboi616
I've never really been scared by movies but Begotten unnerved me a bit with it's bizarre imagery and the last half hour of Audition genuinely managed to creep me out. Thirst had some gross out moments too.

Marie!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces