Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Genius

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trader 100
  • Hygienic 200
ringo-no-ki

American Psycho is a great film, the book is even more disturbing so if you like reading I highly suggest picking that up. A Tale of Two sisters is an amazing Asian psychological horror film that everyone should see. I saw Ju-on AND the Grudge. Both I found dull, not scary, and lacked in storyline, especially when compared to the really great asian horror films out there. Ju-on was slightly better because it was the original film but still nothing I found enjoyable.

fair enough. i'll check out that movie you mentioned when I get some time. smile

Newbie Member

For me, what terrifis me is the "Demons" movies; like ghosts or something, for example Paranormal activity, also Exorcisme movies; the Shock scenes makes my heart beating up like to 150bpm XD,
whether sounds or scary faces... as for Zombies, i don't think so, except of course Shock scenes biggrin

Yutora's Stud

Married Lunatic

8,925 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Aged Lunatic

There's a little talked about Chuck Norris flick called Silent Rage; it's legitimately creepy and atmosphereic and..well, hell, it's Chuck Norris in a slasher flick, if that's not worth at least a look I don't know what is!
Tha_poox
For me, what terrifis me is the "Demons" movies; like ghosts or something, for example Paranormal activity, also Exorcisme movies; the Shock scenes makes my heart beating up like to 150bpm XD,
whether sounds or scary faces... as for Zombies, i don't think so, except of course Shock scenes biggrin

Yeah, demon movies get to me too. Especially ones like Paranormal Activity. That whole series scares me enough that I'll scream out loud haha.

Newbie Noob

The "Demon" movies also scared me. sweatdrop

Mostly anything involving ghosts is a great horror film to me.
Daddeh

Yeah, so long as the ghosts and stuff aren't super computer looking. When it's like that I'm just like, "ugh... not scared anymore."
The Bijoux
Daddeh

Yeah, so long as the ghosts and stuff aren't super computer looking. When it's like that I'm just like, "ugh... not scared anymore."

Yeah, CGI sucks when it's used to create a whole creature. CGI is a tool in the toolbox, but you have to use more than just the one tool to create something that looks truly life-like. The best thing is a combination of CGI and practical, so long as the CGI isn't obvious (and if there isn't as much CGI for that creation or that scene, it should be easier to make it realistic).

Eloquent Streaker

Silvia Crow
Elder Brother
The only American horror movie I liked was HOLLOW MAN
American's don't know how to make a movie scary. When I want to be scared I go to East!

JU ON and the only movie scarier: JU ON 2

Here, watch this:

Edit: As for me, I've got a bit of a soft spot for horror movies with Sam Neill.

In the Mouth of Madness
Event Horizon
Daybreakers (not really horror but, eh, vampires)

Also Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn and Army of Darkness.
Evil Dead 2 isn't really a horror movie. It's a comedy remake of the first Evil Dead.

Eloquent Streaker

These are the horror movies I've actually enjoyed:

- The Exorcist
- The Exorcism of Emily Rose (more for the plot)
- Stay Alive
- Mirrors
- The Omen (original and remake)
- Damien: Omen II
- A Nightmare on Elm Street
- The Evil Dead
- Paranormal Activity 3 (actually not too bad)
- Silent Hill

Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness, Drag Me To Hell and The Cabin In The Woods were all great, but they're all comedy-horror, meant to be more funny than scary (though Drag Me To Hell managed to unnerve me for a few weeks afterwards). The Nightmare on Elm Street sequels are also comedy-horror as far as I'm concerned; they're just too goofy to be taken as serious horror flicks.
Pretty much all the old school horror films; The Exorcist, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc. None of the new horror films are as amazing as these. There's CGI and special effects all over the place. With old school films like this, all of the effects where there for the actors to see, which is just amazing in my opinion,

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Someone posted Three Extremes. I loved that! And Prayer Beads too. They're like a breath of fresh air from the usual predictable movies.

Familiar Trickster

Am not into horror but when I do watch it I make sure it a good one.
seen the shinning and the well half of the original grudge.

Nuclear Disaster

Just to name a few of my personal favorites (and any time I refer to a title that's been remade, I'm always talking about the original unless otherwise noted):

- A Nightmare on Elm Street
- Wes Craven's New Nightmare
- The Burning: criminally underrated, and in my opinion a far better summer-camp murder movie than any of the Friday the 13ths.
- Pumpkinhead
- The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
- John Carpenter's The Thing
- Alien
- Jaws (not sure if that counts)
- Night of the Living Dead
- Dawn of the Dead
- Day of the Dead
- Halloween
- Halloween III: Season of the Witch: the only reason this one gets such a bad rep is because Michael Myers isn't in it. It's really quite good taken on its own merits.
- The Prophecy: Christopher Walken as an evil angel? Sign me up!
- Creepshow
- Hellraiser
- Phantasm: it's more weird than scary, but I dig its surreal atmosphere.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff