Welcome to Gaia! ::

11,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Pipe Private
Alexander J Luthor
saw it tonight. ******** LOVED IT. Much better than other series with more than three sequels *cough*LANDBEFORETIME*cough*

Just saw it myself yesternight.... eeeeeeh, well... It was fun to watch Cpt. Jack and see Keith Richards again, but IMHO, I think the movie was too minimal about a lot of plot concepts that it could have done a lot more with... That and... some important characters seemed to kind of just disappear...

The ending was definitely awesome, though. :'D

My brain explained it to me as "Oh, this must be after Will became the captain of the flying dutchman and before his allowed trip back to land."

Also, mermaids = now terrifying for me.

Barbosa: What do you hear? *cocks hammer on gun*

Lieutenant: ...Seagulls.

Me: FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU- *now afraid of seagulls*
I thought the series would be more magical if they just stopped at " World's End", but that's Disney for you. I mean how can you go on without including two of the main characters (Will Turner and Elizabeth Swan) besides Jack?
confused
rolleyes stare
Alexander J Luthor
Pipe Private
Alexander J Luthor
saw it tonight. ******** LOVED IT. Much better than other series with more than three sequels *cough*LANDBEFORETIME*cough*

Just saw it myself yesternight.... eeeeeeh, well... It was fun to watch Cpt. Jack and see Keith Richards again, but IMHO, I think the movie was too minimal about a lot of plot concepts that it could have done a lot more with... That and... some important characters seemed to kind of just disappear...

The ending was definitely awesome, though. :'D

My brain explained it to me as "Oh, this must be after Will became the captain of the flying dutchman and before his allowed trip back to land."

Also, mermaids = now terrifying for me.

Barbosa: What do you hear? *cocks hammer on gun*

Lieutenant: ...Seagulls.

Me: FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU- *now afraid of seagulls*

Ah, actually, I was talking about the Spanish nationalists and the King of England...

That is: both of them appeared at the beginning of the movie, and both should have been pivotal to the plot, but after one scene, we never see the King again... and the Spanish, save for one brief sail-by, don't appear again until they reach the fountain of Youth (and how did they get there? Did they run into any difficulties? They seemed to have a far easier time than did our main characters...)... I thought both of these could have used some more involvement in the plot...

11,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Pipe Private
Ah, actually, I was talking about the Spanish nationalists and the King of England...

That is: *words*

Very true, I was expecting more: of the Spanish getting involved. How they captured a mermaid without losing their ship and crew, and figured out the rock thing blows my mind. Though I should have predicted that they would tear down the fountain instead of using it, but the explanation "pagan god" doesn't make sense. Since when is a specific diety involved with the fountain of youth? Spanish = Plot device.
Alexander J Luthor
Pipe Private

That is: *words*

Very true, I was expecting more: snip

Oh lords, there were quite a few plot devices: The romance between Philip and Syrena was a plot device created in order to give the mermaid something to cry over. Gibbs burning the map was a reason to tag him along (probably for some added comic relief), because, honestly, how the hell can the guy memorize that map when everyone had such a difficult time even understanding it in the last movie??? Black Beard having captured the Black Pearl (why did he even need to? Actually, this is a scene that I really would have liked to have seen instead of just hearing Barbossa talk about it, maybe as a prelude to the opening title instead of the confounded and nearly pointless Spanish)...

11,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Pipe Private
Oh lords, there were quite a few plot devices: *stuff*

I think that was mainly: ...Well, yeah a plot device. I don't think that was the same map though. The one from At World's End looked to be paper on bamboo that could lead you to anything. This one rolled differently.

I really wanted to see that capture too, or watch them get the ship out. THAT MONKEY! XD Also, we know nothing about the guy who had first found the fountain. As far as we know, he's a plot device to get the chalices, and how the heck did that half drowned man get back?
Alexander J Luthor
Pipe Private

I think that was mainly: ...

Ah, it was the same map, though. ninja In the third movie, I distinctly remember that you could spin the center of the map and had to in order to figure out the puzzle. Then, in the center of the same map was an image marked the Fountain of Youth... at the end of the third movie, Barbossa opens the map and you see that its center is cut out. The map that Jack and Gibbs had was round with jagged edges. ninja Def' was the same map, I'm pretty sure...

Oh g'lord, that's right. That first random guy who drowned. .___. I forgot all about him...

Well, at least Jack stayed true to his character at the very end of the movie. rofl heart

11,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Pipe Private
Alexander J Luthor
Pipe Private

I think that was mainly: ...

Ah, it was the same map, though. ninja In the third movie, I distinctly remember that you could spin the center of the map and had to in order to figure out the puzzle. Then, in the center of the same map was an image marked the Fountain of Youth... at the end of the third movie, Barbossa opens the map and you see that its center is cut out. The map that Jack and Gibbs had was round with jagged edges. ninja Def' was the same map, I'm pretty sure...

Oh g'lord, that's right. That first random guy who drowned. .___. I forgot all about him...

Well, at least Jack stayed true to his character at the very end of the movie. rofl heart

Ah, Jack, he's so freaking awesome. I'm glad they didn't ruin him with a love story! D:
I just love this movie (and the whole series actually), Jack Sparrow's stunts, and the fact that Will and Elizabeth are gone. I like those two well enough but they really couldn't contribute much to this movie I reckon with Will ferrying the dead and Elizabeth...wait, what is she doing during all of this? Pining about Will or what? I also very much liked the Philip and Syrena relationship thing, the fact that Syrena knew that Philip was different from the other sailors (as in he isn't a lusty ne'er-do-well) struck something with me. It just felt kinda natural but I am still kinda wondering what happen to him at the end...
Captain Sir Philip Pears
Without the boring Elizabeth/Will duo it can only be better. I'll miss Norrington and Beckett. I just need hot men in wigs/uniforms.

this this this
To be honest, I was always hoping they'd introduce a real Hornblower-esque character into the series. Someone as loyal to the Crown as Norrington but without the sad-puppy look whenever Lizzie came around and with a stronger will.
Someone who was a real equal to Sparrow's skill, badassery and intelligence, but utterly selfless, caring only for his duty and his crew.
An anti-villain for Jack's anti-hero, basically.

Vicious Wench

I saw this last night for my birthday. I thought it was awesome! All the characters were great.
Blackbeard was such a baddy mcbadass. xd

Did anyone else think that one Spanish guy looked like Prince? And all the sexual innuendo made me laugh so hard.

Dapper Swapper

9,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Im going to watch it, but the first was always and I believe will always be, my favourite. I thought that the 2nd and third were okay but nothing fabulous. I dont expect much from the fourth, I think its going to go the way of Shrek, waaaay too many sequels.

7,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
It was awesome (: 4laugh

3,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I'm going to see it soon. And it should have ended at the third movie, but of course they had to wring as much money out of the franchise as they could.

Witty Hunter

AND this movie starts of ANOTHER TRILOGY! ^o^

I don't hate these movies and will probably see this one once it comes out on DVD. I'm actually glad they got rid of the other two main characters, as they were getting on my nerves, espeically Elizibeth. I get it she's a chick but kicks a**, please stop making it so obvious.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games