Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are they serious...?

PotC: On Stranger Tides

Supposedly this will include Black Beard as a supporting character. And apparently Jack Sparrow will have a love interest.

Sooooo, the real question on everyone's mind--

DID PIRATES REALLY NEED ANOTHER SEQUEL? gonk
As much as I like PotC, I don't think it really needed another film, I thought the ending of the third would have been fine to end the series as a whole. If the company feels like they have another movie in them, I say great, but I hope they end the series before it wears out it welcome.

I'm not sure how I feel about the love interest for Captain Jack, but if it's done well I don't really care either way.
I look forward to seeing Blackbeard though.
Luminous Delusions
As much as I like PotC, I don't think it really needed another film, I thought the ending of the third would have been fine to end the series as a whole. If the company feels like they have another movie in them, I say great, but I hope they end the series before it wears out it welcome.

I'm not sure how I feel about the love interest for Captain Jack, but if it's done well I don't really care either way.

Agreed. Black Beard would be pretty fun...

I'm a bit iffy about the love interest bit, too. Jack just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would settle down. His taste in women seems to be the more fiery pub maidens, really. sweatdrop

This one could either be really great or seriously bomb... I'm... skeptical...

However, this time they're trying to go for historical accuracy. That would be uber fun if they could pull that off. :3
Pipe Private
Luminous Delusions

Agreed. Black Beard would be pretty fun...

I'm a bit iffy about the love interest bit, too. Jack just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would settle down. His taste in women seems to be the more fiery pub maidens, really. sweatdrop

This one could either be really great or seriously bomb... I'm... skeptical...

However, this time they're trying to go for historical accuracy. That would be uber fun if they could pull that off. :3
See, that's exactly what I'm thinking with the love interest. It just seems out of character for him. I wouldn't be completely surprised if it's just being put in there to appeal to romance lovers.

If they really nail the history in this one, I'm sure that will make it a lot cooler.

I'm not excited for it, but I'm not going to assume the worst until after I see it. That's my mindset for most movies that take a different direction than they were before.

OG Friend

Ooh, love this topic.
Aliright I am the biggest Pirates of the Caribbean fan on the enitre planet, and when I heard they were comming out with a fourth one I began getting skeptical. I was thinking that a fourth might ruin the series as a whole.
And if they seriously give Captain Sparrow a love interest it'll tank. Jack is a free spirit and is more of a one night stand with a drunken bar wench kinda guy.
The only thing that worries me is that being historically accurate could possibly ruin the effect of the series. I hope they don't go overbaord on it. I also hope they don't veer to far from what the previous movies have been about.
If they ruin the POTC series, I'll seriously scream.
bring it on.... more lovely depp is what we need! smile
Holy crap...

I bet it's going to go on just like...

SAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The real question is... Were all those question marks necessary?
Pipe Private
Are they serious...?

PotC: On Stranger Tides

Supposedly this will include Black Beard as a supporting character. And apparently Jack Sparrow will have a love interest.

Sooooo, the real question on everyone's mind--

DID PIRATES REALLY NEED ANOTHER SEQUEL? gonk

Wait... Black Beard? The guy who terrorized Virginia and never left Virginian seas? What the hell's he doing in the Carribean?

Oi - what is this world coming too?
My hopes for this film aren't very high. Disney has a bad habit of ruining movies with numerous sequels.

Gracious Prophet

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Sounds awful. I think they should have stopped at the second one. The third one was s**t, this just looks insultingly bad. This seems to happen alot, they take a film too far and make 50 s**t sequels.
theres a fourth part?
I'll give it a chance.
hmm i dont really know if if needed another one but im still pumped for it!

YES.

I loooooooove love love love Pirates.

8,325 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Even so, Rush better stay as Barbossa :/

Anyways, my opinion is... the third film kinda sucked. My fave always is the second Pirates. I mean, hopefully On Stranger Tides will make up for the third. But if the fourth isn't in the making, so be it. I won't fuss.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff