Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you have to pick between the two movie series, Twilight and Hunger Games, which one would you pick and why.

You can also check this Internet Poll (it seems Hunger Games is winning the vote).

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
Hunger Games - I find that the story while about a future that doesn't exist still doesn't mean we can't see the relevance in the story. Like with the media pushing the romance as much as it did when "romance" was literally barely a side plot. Or how the media covers up the injustices that take place...

Twilight is awful because there's nothing redeeming about a male character that fits all the criteria for an abusive partner. I feel Robert Pattison's contempt covers it for me.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
They're not sagas!

A saga is an Icelandic epic poem depicting long spans of years (and generations) of the exploits of Norse heroes. Even if we were to allow for modern works, Star Wars is more of a saga than these series.

That said, Hunger Games. ******** Twilight.

Eloquent Muse

Hunger Games. More creative and better written. Twilight is just the same vampire/human story done all the time just for the sake to make money off women.

11,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
I don't like either series. However, I'd pick Hunger Games over Twilight.

Distinct Hunter

6,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
i love em both! read the hunger games books when i was younger, starting reading twilight books but didn't finish them because i never liked them. love the movies though.
probably gotta choose twilight. smile
Hunger Games. But I love them both!

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
If you put up a poll, Twilight will get slaughtered.
hunger games, hands down. it's a much more complex story that deals with issues of racism, classicism, PTSD, and tyranical governments
definately the hunger games!

Friend

they're not even comparable...
but i'd definitely chose hunger games
Hunger Games hands down... Vampires don't sparkle. Leave the vampire novels to Anne Rice.
Hunger Games exclaim exclaim exclaim
Definitely Hunger Games. Twilight was good for about two chapters, then Meyers started repeating the same thing over and over and over again in different ways. Hunger Games was so thrilling! You were sucked in from the first moment all the way to the end. It had romance, violence, politics, and a type of compelling writing style that attracted every kind of age group. The movie was great as well.

Whereas Twilight was only compelling to lonely teenage girls. It only called to one group of people and it wasn't that exciting...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff