Welcome to Gaia! ::

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I thought the episode could of given us a bit more then what it did as it seemed boring to watch, not that I expected great grand things in the first ep but a little more life in the ep would of been nice.

Only thing that really made me pleased to watch was Rumple talking at his sons grave and the music Belle and Rumple had playing for their first dance (though I can't stand the couple/Belle I do like their choice of music, it was a little cheesy but cool.)

Fashionable Prophet

5,975 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
CreativeButLazy
Just finished watching the episode. I was extremely disappointed with the Frozen aspects. There's no new creative twist or spin or anything, it's just a straight up sequel to the movie with all the characters exactly like their movie counterparts. It just feels like fanfiction. I hoped they would have taken more risks than this, but instead they've chosen catering to the Frozen fanbase over writing their own story.

I feel the only thing going to be keeping me interested this season is Regina and Rumple, and I'll just have to bear through the Frozen related stuff.

Kitsis and Horowitz did say in interviews that it after the movie. So it is supposed to look like some sequel. And it is their own story. They tried to see what happened in Arendelle after Elsa defrosted the kingdom.

I do agree that Regina and Rumple are going to be quite interesting. But I hate the fact that they're sort of regressing Regina, what with all of the good she's done that is a great character development for her. And now she's back to being the Evil Queen. Sure, she is the Evil Queen but giving her something and then taking it away from her again is just a tad harsh.

The start is a bit dragging though but it got better. Anyway, this is just the season premiere. The stories will become clearer once the season progresses. It's been the norm for the show. Except the Neverland arc. I didn't like it.

I wonder, how many people, both kids and adults, started watching OUAT during the summer just to catch up to watch this arc? And I wonder how many people just watched this episode (plus the recap perhaps) and just said "What the hell am I watching? Why does Snow White have a grown-up daughter?!" xp

Dapper Capitalist

ava jean
CreativeButLazy
Just finished watching the episode. I was extremely disappointed with the Frozen aspects. There's no new creative twist or spin or anything, it's just a straight up sequel to the movie with all the characters exactly like their movie counterparts. It just feels like fanfiction. I hoped they would have taken more risks than this, but instead they've chosen catering to the Frozen fanbase over writing their own story.

I feel the only thing going to be keeping me interested this season is Regina and Rumple, and I'll just have to bear through the Frozen related stuff.

Kitsis and Horowitz did say in interviews that it after the movie. So it is supposed to look like some sequel. And it is their own story. They tried to see what happened in Arendelle after Elsa defrosted the kingdom.

I wasn't really following interviews about this season since I didn't want spoilers.

I wanted them to completely rewrite the story and create their own interpretation the way they did with all the other fairy tales, like how they made Snow White a bandit, Red Riding Hood a werewolf, Rumpelstiltskin the Beast in Beauty and the Beast,the Wicked Witch of the West the Evil Queen's half sister, etc. But they aren't doing this with Frozen, they're only adding onto the events that already happened in the movie and have made absolutely no changes to the characters and that just makes it feel like a fanfic of the Disney movie.and not their own story.
Vupie

I personally think they should have either focused more on the Anna and Elsa story to start, or put more into the Regina and Robin part, they bounced between the two a lot. I know both are a big deal right now, but not enough was given for either to get an idea of where it goes, which I guess will keep viewers watching. I don't know, I guess the scenes I expect a lot from fell short, very very short.

I have a feeling that because there is soo many "stories" going on at once that it is going to become like a Soap Opera where they bounce around a lot. Not sure how I feel about that.

Vupie

I like that they are taking it from a different view and not just recreating the story exactly like the movie. I'm just hoping they actually do something with it beyond the mini bits that they showed today, if that makes sense.

I believe they are actually starting after the movie since they are talking about Kristoff and Ana's wedding. In the kids movie, it left off as their romance was budding.

CreativeButLazy

I wasn't really following interviews about this season since I didn't want spoilers.

I wanted them to completely rewrite the story and create their own interpretation the way they did with all the other fairy tales, like how they made Snow White a bandit, Red Riding Hood a werewolf, Rumpelstiltskin the Beast in Beauty and the Beast,the Wicked Witch of the West the Evil Queen's half sister, etc. But they aren't doing this with Frozen, they're only adding onto the events that already happened in the movie and have made absolutely no changes to the characters and that just makes it feel like a fanfic of the Disney movie.and not their own story.

I agree completely. I kinda feel like they threw Frozen in there too soon. Frozen is a fairly new movie. I am sadden that they didn't use Mulan more. Also I don't think they used Aladdin yet. They other movies that they could have used rather than a brand new Disney movie. :/

Dapper Capitalist

Yume No Anime
Vupie

I personally think they should have either focused more on the Anna and Elsa story to start, or put more into the Regina and Robin part, they bounced between the two a lot. I know both are a big deal right now, but not enough was given for either to get an idea of where it goes, which I guess will keep viewers watching. I don't know, I guess the scenes I expect a lot from fell short, very very short.

I have a feeling that because there is soo many "stories" going on at once that it is going to become like a Soap Opera where they bounce around a lot. Not sure how I feel about that.

Vupie

I like that they are taking it from a different view and not just recreating the story exactly like the movie. I'm just hoping they actually do something with it beyond the mini bits that they showed today, if that makes sense.

I believe they are actually starting after the movie since they are talking about Kristoff and Ana's wedding. In the kids movie, it left off as their romance was budding.

CreativeButLazy

I agree completely. I kinda feel like they threw Frozen in there too soon. Frozen is a fairly new movie. I am sadden that they didn't use Mulan more. Also I don't think they used Aladdin yet. They other movies that they could have used rather than a brand new Disney movie. :/

They included Jafar in the Wonderland Spin Off, but they never included Aladdin. They also haven't done Princess and the Frog either. And I'm still hoping they'll go back and at least do Rapunzel a little bit of proper justice after the way they through her in as an after thought last season. I mean they didn't even touch upon the very thing that makes Rapunzel, Rapunzel, her hair! Sure, she had long hair, but they didn't say anything about why, or how it tied into her story!
CreativeButLazy

They included Jafar in the Wonderland Spin Off, but they never included Aladdin. They also haven't done Princess and the Frog either. And I'm still hoping they'll go back and at least do Rapunzel a little bit of proper justice after the way they through her in as an after thought last season. I mean they didn't even touch upon the very thing that makes Rapunzel, Rapunzel, her hair! Sure, she had long hair, but they didn't say anything about why, or how it tied into her story!

I didn't see the Wonderland Spin off. I think it died before I was able to get into Once Upon a Time. (My husband accidentally hit it on Netflix and I got sucked in.)
OMG that was BS what they did with Rapunzel but I took it as they were using the old fairytale of Rapunzel rather than the newer version.
I think they kinda just threw Mulan in there. Then they made her fall in love with Sleeping beauty. That whole thing made no sense to me. Mulan saved China so how did she get into the Enchanted Forest.
I would love a Princess and the Frog spin off. I think it would be quite easy with Rumple.
I am really curious about the Blue Sorcerer's hat from Mickey at the end of the episode. (I really hope we don't see Mickey. Not sure how they can make him reality. Human-mouse?)

fradrian's Significant Otter

Vicious Witch

39,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Rebel Spark 50
Overall I like the episode. I have my doubts about the frozen plot, but I'll wait a few more episodes to judge...

Anyway I love the Belle and the Beast dance...

I was so so beautiful and well done razz , too short though,,,

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
CreativeButLazy

I'm highly interested in Regina's story, more than Frozen actually, so I agree there. I'm not happy that it's kinda already based around Elsa and her thinking she killed her parents, I figured that would come up, but I had hoped otherwise.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Nafretiti
I thought the episode could of given us a bit more then what it did as it seemed boring to watch, not that I expected great grand things in the first ep but a little more life in the ep would of been nice.

Only thing that really made me pleased to watch was Rumple talking at his sons grave and the music Belle and Rumple had playing for their first dance (though I can't stand the couple/Belle I do like their choice of music, it was a little cheesy but cool.)

I enjoy the Rumple/Belle couple ^.^' I was hoping for more when it came to the beauty and the beast scene. I felt like I watched more commercials than I did actual show, but maybe that was just me, I was used to watching it with no commercials at all since I was catching up through netflix. I got teary eyed when I watched Rumple talking to Neal's grave, it killed me, I still hate to think he's gone, but if he wasn't then there wouldn't be a CaptainSwan.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Yume No Anime
Vupie

Vupie

I'm hoping it stops being so much of a Soap Opera, that is a great way to describe it right now. I knew it was after the movie, but I'm hoping it doesn't end up like the movie where Elsa is in constant fear of her powers again because of her parents death. I don't want it to be completely predictable since I'm already taking guesses at what is going to happen. I just watched it a second time and picked out a few more details I didn't catch the first time.
Vupie

I'm hoping it stops being so much of a Soap Opera, that is a great way to describe it right now. I knew it was after the movie, but I'm hoping it doesn't end up like the movie where Elsa is in constant fear of her powers again because of her parents death. I don't want it to be completely predictable since I'm already taking guesses at what is going to happen. I just watched it a second time and picked out a few more details I didn't catch the first time.

I was gonna say that I thought she would be more in control of her powers but the minute she is upset her powers are present. I mean reading the letter made it snow above her.
I need to rewatch it again tonight. I tried earlier but kids were still distracting me.

Divine Nymph

One of the things that bothered me the most...
Why is Elsa wearing the same snow dress after two years? Couldn't she have made a new one?

POTENTIAL SPOILERS
Seriously though, I really am disappointed with how they just keep recycling. Like, I really wish they would have made Regina just... deal with what happened to her. I would have loved to see her be all: "You know what? I respect that he's trying to do the right thing. I am a fierce independent woman and I am going to find happiness outside of a man. I'm going to live my life. Do my own thang." And then she would proceed to grow as a character and find her own happiness versus relying on external factors to dictate her mood.
Then Marian would be hit by a magical bus or something and Regina and Robin could be together again. ... I'm a terrible person, aren't I?

But yeah... I'm just tired of the characters not really growing. It just seems like lazy writing.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Yume No Anime
Vupie

I was gonna say that I thought she would be more in control of her powers but the minute she is upset her powers are present. I mean reading the letter made it snow above her.
I need to rewatch it again tonight. I tried earlier but kids were still distracting me.

Exactly, I noticed Ana made it stop each time, but Elsa seemed to still try to push her away. I'm hoping the second episode turns out better >.< I am VERY excited about seeing Mickey's Hat though <3
Vupie

Exactly, I noticed Ana made it stop each time, but Elsa seemed to still try to push her away. I'm hoping the second episode turns out better >.< I am VERY excited about seeing Mickey's Hat though <3

I am curious about it. I seriously hope they dont make an ugly mickey if they bring him into the show.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
Yume No Anime
Vupie

I am curious about it. I seriously hope they dont make an ugly mickey if they bring him into the show.

I know! With Jiminy Cricket they made him a full on human (Dr. Hopper) so I'm wondering if they will just do the same with Mickey? Very curious. I just realized though, I'm a bit disappointed in the snow monster (Marshmallow) the fight scene looked so fake, I had always enjoyed the magical part of the show, but anything with the snow monster just looked terrible in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff