Hodor? 0.25 25.0% [ 78 ]
Total Votes:[ 312 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 182 183 184 > >> >>> »|

High-functioning Hellraiser

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
You haven't found a decent site that streams or torrents the show?

Quotable Autobiographer

9,325 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
YAY Winter is Coming wink
Harry Lloyd is flawless, tbh. Even though Viserys was mad, I'll miss him. neutral
Awesome series, though personally I prefer The Borgias

Gatekeeper

That Littlefinger .gif slays me everytime. He's only going to get creepier, poor Sansa.

@Cassie: yeah, I think that's basically what happened. I loved all the scenes between Littlefinger and someone else, he plays off others perfectly. Alone though...he hasn't done it for me (yet).

I hate the fact it's 10 episodes with a year wait. It's going to kill me. They've only just started their casting auditions with the latest casting calls happening maybe 2 weeks ago. A hellish year. gonk

@Dr Jan Itor: Apart from the completely unsubtle symbolism of Tywin skinning a stag, I thought it was fine. It was a good way to show his personality in doing things; he's methodical, unyielding, and just wants to get s**t done with as little pomp and circumstance as possible. All the while completely putting his otherwise smug-a** son into place with barely any words.

@rainbow rambler: completely agree, was always going to be the best thing about Dany's side. I've read he's pretty booked for the next little while, so us fans can be excited and happy he's finding work! o/.

So excited for tomorrow. I'm hoping we might get some TIMMETT, SON OF TIMMETT and Shagga action tomorrow. If you have manhoods, start protecting them and pray there are no goats around. GRRM wrote this one! The only clip I caved into watching was the Tyrion/Bronn convo one. Bronn for King * _______*.

Tipsy Noob

6,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Cassie Eats Cockroaches
You haven't found a decent site that streams or torrents the show?
Nope. Just busy with work. But I caught up now. Oh man! I love it. I love almost all the parts. I love the Tywin Lannister scene. It's fitting that he's butchering a stag at the start. LOL. Jaime is once again eaten alive by another character. Do you think it is hygienic to skin an animal and then put the same hands you used to do it to the face of another? Pretty boy Jaime might have pimples because of that. xd

If I will rate the bad-asses in this series, I would have to put Tywin in #2. The Tyrion/Bronn tandem will always be #1 and the Clegane brothers in #3. These Lannisters and their cronies remind me of the Godfather. You just can't mess with them.

I also love the Drogo scene. It's my first time seeing him serious. At least he has a dialogue now and he exhibit serious acting before he croaks. ^^ I feel bad for the Starks. I still blame Catelyn for everything.

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
Only ten episodes?! I thought it was thirteen, like with True Blood and Eastbound & Down, and pretty much every other TV show HBO produces. gonk

But Dr_Jan_Itor has a good point. They've been pretty spot on with the characterizations so far, so making Tywin a get his hands dirty sort of guy is a complete departure from the books. He made everyone else do his dirty work and did it gladly because he knew he was better than everyone else. I guess it's not his personality they got wrong but how they presented him. I'd have found that scene much more exciting if he'd been how we always see him in the novels. In some great hall, surrounded by cronies and treating everyone like s**t. Because that's just how he was.

And yeah, it was great seeing Jason stretching out his character a bit. It's such a shame that Drogo is the type to live life through deeds, not words, because Jason is such a great actor. Hopefully, we'll get to see more of that in the upcoming episodes... Y'know, before he kicks the bucket.

Tipsy Noob

6,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I heard it will only be 10 episode too. Don't worry, we know for sure that there will be Season 2 so we have something to look forward to. Besides, the 5th book is coming out so I guess we wouldn't be that sad waiting.

I like the Tywin scene. I mean, the Tywin in the show might have different attitude than the Tywin in the books but I like this one. Maybe they just have to be more visual in the show so they made Tywin skin a stag to show that the Lannisters will be skinning the head stag sooner or later. Who knows? Perhaps we will be seeing the Lord Tywin we all know in the next episodes to come (probably in Season 2) because his next appearance, I am pretty sure he will be in battle. _

By the way, Ros appeared again. LOL. I know I shouldn't put too much in her appearances but whenever she's on screen, there's always sex or flashing involved so I can't help but be interested in her. xd

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
We have HBO in the lobby where I work and my co-worker (who is also my home-girl) called me up and I s**t you not, this is what she said:

"Are you watching your Lords or whatever? Cause it looks like Malfoy kid is up to something."

I died laughing!

Tipsy Noob

6,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Cassie Eats Cockroaches
We have HBO in the lobby where I work and my co-worker (who is also my home-girl) called me up and I s**t you not, this is what she said:

"Are you watching your Lords or whatever? Cause it looks like Malfoy kid is up to something."

I died laughing!

rofl Oh I wish there's a Lord Voldemort in GoT.

Tipsy Noob

6,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Just saw the latest episode. You know, when I was rereading the book, I was actually wondering whether Syrio Forel died or he lived but changed his face and became Jaqen H'ghar. I was expecting the HBO show to confirm any of the two but it turns out, the show is as vague as the book regarding Syrio.
Bored Babbler
Just saw the latest episode. You know, when I was rereading the book, I was actually wondering whether Syrio Forel died or he lived but changed his face and became Jaqen H'ghar. I was expecting the HBO show to confirm any of the two but it turns out, the show is as vague as the book regarding Syrio.

Yeah, but I kind of expected that- especially since Martin wrote this episode. It sounded like there was a lot of fighting still going on... but that doesn't mean much.

Still, best part of the episode: "I am Syrio Forel..." *smack smack* "...and you will be speaking to me with more respect."

Gatekeeper

xD. Same here, Bored. I was hoping they would confirm the death or something because of that theory. Maybe GRRM intentionally left it vague in this episode on purpose, he probably doesn't even know if Syrio is Jaqen yet xDDD; Such a great scene though * _____*, "and what do we say to death?" "...Not today".

I wish there were more episodes. One of the biggest problems I've had with the show is that pacing is very strange sometimes. There's just so much in the books to cover, even when only doing the major plots, that it's just so rushed. Even 3 more episodes would do wonders, I think.

Oh yeah, and that year wait. I'm actually afraid that the next book isn't really going to save me. From everything I've heard about Dance, it's not going to appeal much to me. The majority of the book is Dany, Jon, and Tyrion apparently, and I really don't like Dany or Jon that much. Tyrion I can live with because I am curious where he ended up. I might care a little more about Dany if she starts actually doing something this book. The first book review for it is online, and it gave me some mini-spoilers that made me groan because it's dumb xD. Praying that as the show seems really strong and well received, he gets the series finished faster. I don't think I could deal with another 6 year wait until the next book ; ____;

Episode 8 chat! I can see why GRRM wrote this one himself, it had to be right as it was a setting everything up for the end of the season. This was actually probably my least favourite episode so far. The pacing for me was an awkward mess, but I don't think it could have been avoided considering how much the 50 minutes had to set up. I'm positive episode 9 will make up for it, so I'm not hurting too bad.
I was reallllllly disappointed with a couple of things this episode, and it's really the first time this season where I've felt it. Barristan's dismissal scene wasn't as great as in the books; not enough old- man sass, Joffrey burns, and didn't he actually fight/kill a few gold cloaks in the books? Drogo's wound really did look like just a scratch...considering what happens to Drogo because of that wound, I would expect it to look more gnarly. Dany's haste to get Mirri Maz Dur to mend it was kind of lost. Also, didn't Dany actually look pregnant by now?

All of the Stark/Bannermen scenes were awesome. Officially in love with Richard Madden.
Tyrion/Bronn bromance is never not amazing, and the Clans were great. I had completely forgot about Chella and her necklace of ears. Varys and Greatjon were pretty great too.

This episode was also the first time I realized Osha is the woman that played Tonks(or whatever her name is) in Harry Potter and Pyp is the guy from the first episode of Misfits and I also want to say the first episode of Robin Hood. xD.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff