OMGOMGOMG! MOAR PLEASE! 0.44230769230769 44.2% [ 138 ]
BUTTS. 0.19871794871795 19.9% [ 62 ]
Pfft, bored now... 0.10897435897436 10.9% [ 34 ]
Hodor? 0.25 25.0% [ 78 ]
Total Votes:[ 312 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 182 183 184 > >> >>> »|

Gatekeeper

Cassie Eats Cockroaches

God, Sansa... Does she have any redeeming qualities whatsoever? I mean, from what I've gathered so far, she treats everything that happens to her like some fabled song. When white texr :3. Her mindset is completely whacked and all I can think when I read the books is 'what is her purpose'? I mean, the only thing her arc serves to do is white text :3. And honestly, starting book three, I don't know how necessary that even is...

Now see, I actually like Daenery's arc. She's one of my favorite characters, behind Tyrion. Because even though she's so far away from all the political drama, a lot of what she does now (or so I've been told) will have a bigger impact later on.

And OMG, the guy who plays Drogo, Jason Momoa... I've been in love with him since he appeared on Stargate: Atlantis... God, the things I would do to him and force others to watch...

But no, as to whether or not the girl playing Lysa Arryn actually had her boob out or no is nothing something I know for sure. But I'm so glad they kept that scene in!

Yeah, early Sansa is annoying, but she's pretty typical of a 13 (or was she younger in the books? I think she might have been) year old girly girl. Maybe slight book 3 spoiler?: Most of Sansa's character development starts happening book 3 into book 4, so there's a chance your opinion changes of her. Her chapters in Feast were some of the better ones to me.

Haha, I know I'm in the minority with not liking Dany (or Tyrion, but prefer him way over Dany) as much as most people. I don't deny she's a major player, I just could never get into her story arc apart from her lovely a*****e brother.

Well, at least your honest about how you really feel about Momoa rofl

and yeah, I read they used a prosthetic breast for the scene. I knew it was coming and I still had the most " o ____________________________o OH GOD gonk " face ever. It was such a great scene though, embodied the wtf that is Lysa Arryn.

Tipsy Noob

6,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
That Robert Arryn caught me off-guard. The book described him as sickly but showing that he is still being breastfed on scene just scarred me for life. xd

Cassie - I didn't know Drogo is quite famous. I still can't help but laugh whenever I see him. Drogo = sex scenes to my mind. I can't get past the humping he did with Dany. I hope the series will show more of him but alas, it's not meant to be.

Star - A Storm of Sword is the best for me too. It's probably the longest but it is jam-packed and a lot of things happened (special mention: RED WEDDING). As for Catelyn, I blame her for everything that happened to the Starks (and to Jory Cassel). If it wasn't for her sudden kidnapping of Tyrion... Nevermind. ^^

So what do you guys think about Theon Greyjoy's major airtime? I think he gets more than Robb Stark. LOL. Honestly, I can't differentiate the two of them. They look alike. And who is Theon's whore? I think her name is Ros. What's her part in this series? Because I honestly can't remember her from the books.

High-functioning Hellraiser

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
Yeah, I was surprised Theon got his slice of airtime. Also, I was surprised I saw his junk. But, as someone else said, his sister is a big pop star, so he has to do something to make a name for himself. Though, considering what goes on later in the book series, I think the writers are trying to get viewers used to him before his major arc begins.

And yeah, Jason Momoa is real famous. Well, nerd famous. Baywatch, Stargate: Atlantis, and the new Conan the Barbarian movie coming out... Mmmmh-hmmmm! 3nodding

6,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
My sister had me watch this with her when it premiered and I actually really like it. I haven't read the books but from what I hear the tv adaptation is very faithful to the storyline.

5,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
I just finished the books recently (excitedly anticipating the next) and I curse my lack of HBO because I would be all over this like flies on a corpse. I was lucky enough to see the first episode but haven't gotten to catch the rest. I'll probably have to wait until it comes out on dvd. I love the opening theme and think it was artfully done in both music and visuals.

5,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
Bored Babbler
That Robert Arryn caught me off-guard. The book described him as sickly but showing that he is still being breastfed on scene just scarred me for life. xd

Cassie - I didn't know Drogo is quite famous. I still can't help but laugh whenever I see him. Drogo = sex scenes to my mind. I can't get past the humping he did with Dany. I hope the series will show more of him but alas, it's not meant to be.

Star - A Storm of Sword is the best for me too. It's probably the longest but it is jam-packed and a lot of things happened (special mention: RED WEDDING). As for Catelyn, I blame her for everything that happened to the Starks (and to Jory Cassel). If it wasn't for her sudden kidnapping of Tyrion... Nevermind. ^^

So what do you guys think about Theon Greyjoy's major airtime? I think he gets more than Robb Stark. LOL. Honestly, I can't differentiate the two of them. They look alike. And who is Theon's whore? I think her name is Ros. What's her part in this series? Because I honestly can't remember her from the books.
Ros was the alias his sister took when pretending to be the wife of a shipmaker (If I recall correctly) to fool him because he didn't recognize her after being away for so long.

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
Amaranthien
Ros was the alias his sister took when pretending to be the wife of a shipmaker (If I recall correctly) to fool him because he didn't recognize her after being away for so long.

Asha did pretend to be someone else, but the name she took was Esgred, not Ros.

As for watching the series, sans HBO, I'd say try to find a website that streams it but most of the sites I use don't carry it. Barring that, I'd suggest trying a torrent site. I don't use torrents but apparently it's a great way to download a series.

Gatekeeper

haha~ I completely forgot he was also in Baywatch.

I agree with Cassie~. Viewers all understand Robb already at this point and when he starts doing things in the series, you can easily tell why and where he came from already; he is basically Ned-light. They are just making sure Theon has enough of a background come his time to do things. I could have done without seeing him completely naked.
I think I'm in another minority with actually liking the Ironborn/Greyjoy stuff in the books. I don't mind the extra screen time for Theon.

At first I thought Ros was going to be a combined character and take the place of Shae but I think she's been cast by someone else and they're separate. Maybe Ros will take the place of Alayaya? (the whited names are pretty minor character spoilers, but they're both stupid and dumb /: )

and oh god Jory gonk Thanks for re-opening that wound, Bored.

5,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
Cassie Eats Cockroaches
Amaranthien

Asha did pretend to be someone else, but the name she took was Esgred, not Ros.

As for watching the series, sans HBO, I'd say try to find a website that streams it but most of the sites I use don't carry it. Barring that, I'd suggest trying a torrent site. I don't use torrents but apparently it's a great way to download a series.
Whoops, my mistake, that was a while ago when I read after reading them one right after another small details like that are bound to be forgotten.
Eep. I tried reading the thread so far, but I haven't finished the book yet and I already saw a spoiler!

Anyway, I've really enjoyed the show. I started reading the book after seeing 2 episodes of the show. It has been on my reading list for forever but I was reading something else I had to finished before beginning Game of Thrones. I'm so happy with the HBO adaptation and I can't wait to see the rest of the season.

Oh, and I'm glad I finally found this thread. I was surprised there wasn't one until I saw this one get revived.

Tipsy Noob

6,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Star of the South
At first I thought Ros was going to be a combined character and take the place of Shae but I think she's been cast by someone else and they're separate. Maybe Ros will take the place of Alayaya? (the whited names are pretty minor character spoilers, but they're both stupid and dumb /: )

and oh god Jory gonk Thanks for re-opening that wound, Bored.

I thought she will be Shae too. After all, Tyrion already screwed her in Winterfell.

And sorry about Jory. I can't help it. That scene haunted me. One minute, Jory is oggling some boobs and the next, he's dead. gonk

Cassie - Yeah. I guess they are preparing us for what will happen in the next season. After all, Season 1 is only 10 episodes and we are already up to watch episode 7. I just wish Asha Greyjoy will be as bad-a** in this series as she was in the book. I hate to be disappointed.

Amaranthien - I know a website that streams it. You like?

Momma Raven - Welcome. Sorry if we get to spoil some. ^^ We can't help it. But we try to be discreet as possible. wink
Bored: No, I totally get wanting to talk about what happens. It's my own fault for not finishing before the show started! I'm ahead of the show for now, but I still have 200 pages left in the book sad I'm hoping to finish in the next few weeks though. Reading is just so tough with a 9month old crawling around!

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
To be quite honest, considering the addition of Theon's screen time, I really think Ros is just a throwaway character. There was a whore house in Winterfell and the writers probably just decided to give him a little mini-story off of that fact. Showcase how much he really thinks with his d**k, especially when he and Asha meet up again.

It seems to be the thing for the writers to do, given how they took the hints about Renly in the book and turned it into full blow fellatio.

Gatekeeper

Bored Babbler
And sorry about Jory. I can't help it. That scene haunted me. One minute, Jory is oggling some boobs and the next, he's dead. gonk

The last moments of Jory's life were looking at a really nice pair, getting awkwardly (yet hilariously) scolded by his Lord, then promptly getting a dagger in the eye by that amazing jerk of a Lannister gonk

I can't wait for Asha's entrance. I am so excited. She's the (second) best Greyjoy.

@Cassie: I was so oblivious to all the hints about the Renly/Loras thing in the books, until book 3 when Jamie says to Loras something like "I'll shove that sword(?) of yours into a place even Renly didn't find". I remember laughing and saying to myself "so 'praying all night' didn't really mean 'praying all night'?"

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
Before that episode aired, with Renly and Loras, I was on book two and Stannis had made a strange comment to Renly about his new bride. Renly was telling his brother she was a virgin when they married and Stannis retorted, "In your bed, she's like to die that way." And it was weird, like I didn't really quite get it, thinking it had something to do with how Stannis was planning on killing him, but then that fellatio scene entered my orbitals, went into my gray matter and a light bulb went off.

And yeah, Jory getting in the eye was pretty sad... But at least he got to see some hot knockers before he went out! What a way to go!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff