Total Votes:[ 312 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 182 183 184 > >> >>> »|

High-functioning Hellraiser

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
Sephina
Septa was her 'wet nurse'. the woman who took care of her with the scarf around her head.

No... If you had read my post earlier, you would know that Septa Mordane is not a wet nurse. She's a septa of the Seven, the seven new gods of Westeros and is at Winterfell to teach the young ladies of the house and the village, mostly the girls and mostly in how to be a lady.

Mordane wiki

Seriously?! After all the build up leading to it, your response is 'Oh, something about dragons'? eek *shakes head* Besides that scene, the only one I had been highly anticipating was the scene with Joffrey and Sansa, and that's only because of the heads. And even that wasn't as I expected. They were supposed to be tarred and grotesque but apparently Joffrey just pointing out Ned and Septa Mordane wouldn't suffice. They had to keep the heads recognizable... LAME!

I just finished A Storm of Swords and I have a lot more respect for Jaime now than I did when before. Now I really can't wait to see how they do his story with Brienne! But what really interested me was the hooded man in the cart with Rorge and Biter. It's Jaqen H'ghar, though it's obvious they either haven't cast him yet or they did but they're waiting to reveal him. Boo
!
Twisted_Misery
Vornwrath
No matter. What did you think of the last episode? The season ended where the first book ended.

SPOILERS FROM HERE ON OUT! STOP READING IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN TONIGHT'S EPISODE

I hate Joffery. He is such a p***k, and he NEVER changes. He never redeems himself, and he shold be smacked around for what he did to Sansa in this episode. What did Septa do?! Why did she deserve to die? Why did he feel the need to show her the head of her father? That is just cruel.

I was a little worried about how they would do the dragons, but they did not slack off. The dragons looked convincing. They looked really good. I forget what she names them, though.

Did anyone else feel a sense of pride when the northernmen decided to declare Rob king in the north?

It was good.
At first, I thought Sansa was going to jump off the bridge and try to kill herself.
I knew she wasn't going to push Joffrey over the edge, but she actually had a spine for once.
Who is Septa?
The Septa was the old lady that was in Kings Landing with them. Her head was on the wall as well.

9,600 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pieversity 200
Jon Snow!!!!!!! So hot!!!! I can't believe they ended it like that though! DAMN CLIFFHANGERS!

Fashionable Vampire

6,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Cassie Eats Cockroaches
Sephina
Septa was her 'wet nurse'. the woman who took care of her with the scarf around her head.

No... If you had read my post earlier, you would know that Septa Mordane is not a wet nurse. She's a septa of the Seven, the seven new gods of Westeros and is at Winterfell to teach the young ladies of the house and the village, mostly the girls and mostly in how to be a lady.

Mordane wiki

That is why I put quotations around it, because in the series several people refer to her as a wet nurse, including Joffrey. I know she isn't, but if that is how she was referred to in the TV show that is how I explain it to others who haven't read the books.
Most epic tv show i have ever seen.
Also the best scene is this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HqdSjdtPAQ.

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
Sephina
That is why I put quotations around it, because in the series several people refer to her as a wet nurse, including Joffrey. I know she isn't, but if that is how she was referred to in the TV show that is how I explain it to others who haven't read the books.

Yeah... No. A wet nurse and a woman of faith are two completely different things and if anyone honestly ever referred to her as such in the show (which I seriously do not recall ever happening once), then it was in jest. Besides, if she honestly was one, they would have gotten rid of her the second all the Stark kids were weaned. So even putting it in quotes is a complete slight against her character, just to describe it to non-readers. If you've read the books and know what she was, describe her that way.
Sephina
Twisted_Misery
Vornwrath
No matter. What did you think of the last episode? The season ended where the first book ended.

SPOILERS FROM HERE ON OUT! STOP READING IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN TONIGHT'S EPISODE

I hate Joffery. He is such a p***k, and he NEVER changes. He never redeems himself, and he shold be smacked around for what he did to Sansa in this episode. What did Septa do?! Why did she deserve to die? Why did he feel the need to show her the head of her father? That is just cruel.

I was a little worried about how they would do the dragons, but they did not slack off. The dragons looked convincing. They looked really good. I forget what she names them, though.

Did anyone else feel a sense of pride when the northernmen decided to declare Rob king in the north?

It was good.
At first, I thought Sansa was going to jump off the bridge and try to kill herself.
I knew she wasn't going to push Joffrey over the edge, but she actually had a spine for once.
Who is Septa?

Oh yeah.
It was completely pointless to kill her :/
Vornwrath
Twisted_Misery

It was good.
Who is Septa?
The Septa was the old lady that was in Kings Landing with them. Her head was on the wall as well.

I remember now.
I'll have to watch it again because I missed her head.
Absolutely loved the series to bits and since HBO confirmed last week that they are doing Clash of Kings - they practically announced it on the News - I'm so chuffed it's unbelievable!

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
Twisted_Misery

Oh yeah.

No actually, it wasn't. Joffrey killed everyone in the Stark household and put them on display for Sansa. In the books, the heads of Ned, Mordane, Jory Cassel, the Poole's and pretty much everyone else Joffrey thought were traitors had their heads tarred and put up on spikes, no matter how innocent they were. Septs and Septas are the Westeros equivalent to priests and nuns, yet Joffrey still had Mordane killed, as a traitor sympathizer.

So there actually was a point. To showcase Joff's cruelty and single mindedness and to illustrate how very alone Sansa is at King's Landing.
Cassie Eats Cockroaches
Twisted_Misery

Oh yeah.

No actually, it wasn't. Joffrey killed everyone in the Stark household and put them on display for Sansa. In the books, the heads of Ned, Mordane, Jory Cassel, the Poole's and pretty much everyone else Joffrey thought were traitors had their heads tarred and put up on spikes, no matter how innocent they were. Septs and Septas are the Westeros equivalent to priests and nuns, yet Joffrey still had Mordane killed, as a traitor sympathizer.

So there actually was a point. To showcase Joff's cruelty and single mindedness and to illustrate how very alone Sansa is at King's Landing.

Owned.

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
I have no idea what that means, so moving on!

I love Tim Surrette... This guy does the best articles on the series and he did that neato pic of Maester Aemon where he was all like "GET OFF HIS LAWN!"

Is It Spring 2012 Yet?
Twisted_Misery
Vornwrath
Twisted_Misery

It was good.
Who is Septa?

I remember now.
Joffery did point it out to Sansa. ******** p***k.
Vornwrath
Twisted_Misery
Vornwrath
Twisted_Misery

It was good.
Who is Septa?

I remember now.
Joffery did point it out to Sansa. ******** p***k.

I remember it now.
I just didn't realize that's who he was talking about when he pointed her head out.
I'm having some trouble of trying to watch it on online. I wish I knew a good website to download the episode. Instead of waiting to be upload my internet is not that great with speed. I guess I have no choice but to have it download instead. Just as long it doesn't give you a bad virus or anything that might damage your computer.

I do have dish but not HBO. I think you can watch it on HBO website.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff