Total Votes:[ 312 ]

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Eveille
Just saw last weeks episode x:

No Jojen and Meera?! I really liked those characters!! the hell is this? D: whhhyyyy

lol captcha: jump the gun

am i? >.>

Some in the thread proposed this theory before and it seems to be coming true: The show might use Osha as Jojen and Meera.

Which does make sense, she's already an established character and they're displaying her extensive knowledge on such matters. Plus, it's two less actors to pay.

I love them too, but in the book Osha just wanders off with Rickon and was never really important. She's a lot more important in the show, important enough to change Asha to Yara to avoid confusion.

2,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
i am pretty new to the show, but i love it!! but i was gonna if there are big differences between the books it is based on and the show? whee

Ferocious Browser

Trigona
Eveille
Just saw last weeks episode x:

No Jojen and Meera?! I really liked those characters!! the hell is this? D: whhhyyyy

lol captcha: jump the gun

am i? >.>

Some in the thread proposed this theory before and it seems to be coming true: The show might use Osha as Jojen and Meera.

Which does make sense, she's already an established character and they're displaying her extensive knowledge on such matters. Plus, it's two less actors to pay.

I love them too, but in the book Osha just wanders off with Rickon and was never really important. She's a lot more important in the show, important enough to change Asha to Yara to avoid confusion.

I do not approve! emotion_donotwant

That sucks so hard. Ugh, I am getting really upset with the direction of the show. I don't want them to cancel it either, but seriously, their decisions make less and less sense as time goes on, even people in the GoT forum are starting to get confused by what is happening if they are show watchers only. I wish they'd release an extended DVD version where s**t actually happens in a sequence that makes some manner of sense. emotion_8c

Fashionable Bookworm

19,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Okay, Theon apologists, start your engines, let's hear the defensive flanneling for this. emotion_donotwant

Gatekeeper

jadedrenee
Okay, Theon apologists, start your engines, let's hear the defensive flanneling for this. emotion_donotwant

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo, I probably won't be able to watch the episode until Thursday. Can you wait for a long winded rant on how Theon is a jerk but still totally amazing? gonk

Fashionable Bookworm

19,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Star of the South
jadedrenee

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo, I probably won't be able to watch the episode until Thursday. Can you wait for a long winded rant on how Theon is a jerk but still totally amazing? gonk

Oh, fine. Don't mind me, I'll just be over here making this face:
User Image
for the better part of a week.
Joffery is such a pansy lol
Dislike Theon.
Melancholy Wish
Dislike Theon.

I cant take him seriously. He irritates me cause he's so weak, I cant stand when weak people get places of power lol Specially when they have no Honor. He's Number 2 on my hate list after Joffery lol

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I think everyone except me and Star hates Theon >.>

I pity him. He doesn't do terrible things because he wants to and he's a terrible person. He's under tremendous pressure to please his father and make his crew respect him as a true prince of the Iron Isles. It's not his fault the ironborn are impossible to please.

Truthfully, I blame Robb. He shouldn't have sent Theon as his envoy to the Iron Isles. Yes, he's a Greyjoy, but he hasn't live there in how long? And everyone knows they're a hard people. Robb should've sent someone respected and powerful with no emotional attachment to the place. Like Roose. Of course, no one could convince Balon to join Robb's cause, but anyone other than Theon would have been a much better choice.

As to the episode, I'm really annoyed that they didn't show Theon invading Winterfell. Theon just stormed in and was all "Hey, Bran, this is how I got into Winterfell, now yield to me." Seriously, that was a really important event. And what do they show instead? Jon chasing Ygritte through Iceland, which didn't even happen in the book. Seriously, not important at all. I understand they spent a lot of money to film in Iceland, but throwing out Theon's invasion in favor of showcasing the Icelandic scenery really pissed me off.

Shameless Nerd

Trigona
I think everyone except me and Star hates Theon >.>

I pity him. He doesn't do terrible things because he wants to and he's a terrible person. He's under tremendous pressure to please his father and make his crew respect him as a true prince of the Iron Isles. It's not his fault the ironborn are impossible to please.

Truthfully, I blame Robb. He shouldn't have sent Theon as his envoy to the Iron Isles. Yes, he's a Greyjoy, but he hasn't live there in how long? And everyone knows they're a hard people. Robb should've sent someone respected and powerful with no emotional attachment to the place. Like Roose. Of course, no one could convince Balon to join Robb's cause, but anyone other than Theon would have been a much better choice.

As to the episode, I'm really annoyed that they didn't show Theon invading Winterfell. Theon just stormed in and was all "Hey, Bran, this is how I got into Winterfell, now yield to me." Seriously, that was a really important event. And what do they show instead? Jon chasing Ygritte through Iceland, which didn't even happen in the book. Seriously, not important at all. I understand they spent a lot of money to film in Iceland, but throwing out Theon's invasion in favor of showcasing the Icelandic scenery really pissed me off.

I don't hate Theon! xd I also pity him, though he definitely does deserve the blame for his actions. He had choices, and while I understand why he makes the choices he does, he still is choosing to do these things. He unfortunately has to betray one side because unlike in his initial fantasy option of everyone working together, Balon isn't willing to cooperate. I don't blame Robb really for what happened, it was Theon's choice, and he should have known how the ironborn are better than any of them. He has shown that he lacks understanding of how either of the sides works too by thinking he could negotiate with Balon, then expecting the people of Winterfell to accept his betrayal and follow him. Honor is everything to them, and he showed them no honor.

Despite how incredibly flawed Theon is though, I do pity him, and find him interesting as hell because of those flaws. Underneath it all, he really is just a young boy seeking approval, and sadly he's going about it all wrong. I truly wish that he would have made different choices, but I'm going to be enjoying seeing where it takes him. heart
Thoughts on show:

So it sucks that we didn't actually get to see Theon and his army invade Winterfell. You just saw that bit where they send the crow off to tell Robb what happened. Then they killed Ser Rodrick?! What the hell.. so what.. is there going to be no Reek? Hopefully this isn't going to be the case because Reek has a lot to do with the story. Maybe they will go about it differently. I just love the way Ramsey comes into play in the books and this change.. I'm not sure how it is going to work out.

Littlefinger went to Harrenhal. In the book he wants nothing to do with that place.. I dunno what they are doing there. Guess filling in the time when he was gone in the book, but no one knows what happened.. not yet.. George hasn't revealed that. They also had a weird edit to where John is going after Yrgritte. it just seemed like they cut something off.

Great seeing that scene with the Hound and Sansa, but I also imagined that scene to go on longer and be much bigger, but I get they have a budget and time limit. Also no Lollies so no rape., which I understand them taking that out.

Ferocious Browser

Haven't seen this weeks ep, but wow, reading the posts here, it sounds like they made some amazing decisions yet again .... rolleyes . /megasulk!.

screw whoever is making these stupid calls about what scenes to shoot and what scenes to cut, what characters to keep/add and which ones to cut. Listen person: YOU SUCK AT LIFE!. F-OFF!!!

I am about to just buy the graphic novel and get my imagery fill that way.

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Eveille
Haven't seen this weeks ep, but wow, reading the posts here, it sounds like they made some amazing decisions yet again .... rolleyes . /megasulk!.

screw whoever is making these stupid calls about what scenes to shoot and what scenes to cut, what characters to keep/add and which ones to cut. Listen person: YOU SUCK AT LIFE!. F-OFF!!!

I am about to just buy the graphic novel and get my imagery fill that way.

This episode has definately had the most changes out of the entire show. No one has even mentioned the biggest one yet! Hint: it involves Dany.

There's a graphic novel? emotion_kirakira Where can I find such a thing!?

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Girl With The Windex Eyes

Roose told Robb that he's going to send his b*****d to take back the castle, remember? So Reek isn't needed. Which is honestly fine by me because I was really confused by that part in the books.

And, yeah, it bugged me that they showed Littlefinger in Harrenhal. I know they're just showing how Highgarden ends up on the Lanister side, but now someone knows where Arya is. NO ONE knows where she is. What the hell?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff