Pfft, bored now... 0.10897435897436 10.9% [ 34 ]
Hodor? 0.25 25.0% [ 78 ]
Total Votes:[ 312 ]

High-functioning Hellraiser

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
Don't forget, Lost broke some major ground for shows like Heroes, The Wire and GoT. It was truly a new way of storytelling, how they built whole series arcs by revealing pieces through individual character revelations. That will always be one of my all-time favorite shows.

Anywho, like the slow, lazy b***h that I am, I finally got around to watching the new episode... Dude, I don't think there was a moment I didn't love. Brienne. God, she rocked my world in every scene. Jaqen. He is just as magnificent as he is in the books. Dolorous Edd. Oh, my. His little lines between Sam's talking had me rolling in my seat.

And, as always, Tyrion and Bronn. I loved everything about this episode. Everything, I say!

Fashionable Bookworm

19,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Object of Affection 150
SmittysBride
Last episode was food. I wish they would show more of Dany though. I wonder if the slaughter at the twins will be this season? I hated that part!

I'm betting that won't happen until next season at the earliest; it might be season 4, since GRRM said they'd probably split "Storm of Swords" into two seasons.

P.S. the captcha for this post says "Bad books". Oh, *&^% you, Captcha, you have no taste!

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Star of the South

I know she's all upset about Myrcella going off the Dorne, but she's so immature about it. A real queen would suck it up and continue with her life, only being upset when no one was around to see it. Letting Joff take care of things is just a bad move on everyone's parts. Tyrion should really know better by now. Tywin would never stand for Cersei's, Joff's, or Tyrion's behaviour in King's Landing. Cersei is just so.... childish/immature/stupid/spoiled/proud. I wish Dany would just come over and kill her already, even though that still hasn't happened in the books stressed

I suppose you're right about it not needing individual arcs, but because every episode is just the rising conflit before the climax near the end of the season, I'm surprised when it ends. When the end credits come up after every episode, I think, "That's it?" Just because nothing climactic has happened in any episode so far. And there's hardly any cliffhangers like there were last season.

Renly's actual death isn't very important, but the fact that he dies is, since it leads to Marg/Joff, Joff's death, Sansa fleeing, Cersei's hate of the Tyrells, and pretty much everything else that happens at King's Landing after his death. I just wish they had made it more dramatic. Had the shadow slowly creep in during their conversation, flashing from the shadow to Renly, Cat, and Brienne instead of just Brienne seeing it in the mirror and it killing Renly. There was no suspense in that! Just because it happens suddenly in the book without anyone noticing doesn't mean they had to do it so suddenly on the show.

Side note: I really love what they're doing with Margaery. I like this more cunning/ambitious/intelligent version of her as opposed to the innocent/barely there character we see in the books. I think it'll create much better conflict between her and Cersei, since it won't just be Cersei imagining things and being a stupid b***h. Plus, it gives us another very strong female character, which I do ever so love heart

Ferocious Browser

Trigona

I know she's all upset about stuff

I think I am going to defend Cersei!

She's nutso, no denying that, and she makes horrible decisions, and she's paranoid...However! I believe this is accurate. Were she a real human being, say.....me, it is probably how I'd end up. Consider the world she lives in: she is told what to wear, how to act, things to say in conversation, what conversations to be involved in, how to walk, to eat, to drink, to act, to think, to do, told to give birth to babies and quickly remarry to stop all the checks and snooping on her sexual life. She lives in a literal Medieval hell.

I could not live in such a world, I think I'd go as insane as she. For the same reasons even: she grew up as a twin to a male, she saw how they were when they were young, same looks, same abilities, same potential and yet, she was treated as a disposable tool and her brother got all the glory, power, decision-making abilities, people listened to him, adults trained and taught him how to be strategic in battle and politics (that he didn't listen is another story). Had anyone spent the effort on a female that they did on their male children (and this goes for all the characters, in fact I dislike Catelyn more than Cersei for the same), then many better decisions and outcomes would have happened. But they didn't, and they won't because women in that world are about as useful as milk-cows, and what's worse, the women know they are viewed that way. Cersei apparently couldn't handle knowing that she could have been so much more and ... wasn't.

Anyway, I think her character is very realistic considering the sexist hellscape she lives in and how badly she wants to break out of it and maybe be a little more like Dany or Arya (if she were aware of what they've done). Alas, she is not a child, able to escape and hide and pretend, nor is she magical and bringing dragons into the world; she is just a regular woman who is very angry at the way women are treated and paranoid that everyone is trying to mock her intelligence and keep her ignorant of diplomacy outside of the bedroom.

As a sidenote: reading the third book over, I like the changes to Margaery especially since she's supposed to be Olenna's prodigy child, under her wing, being taught to survive.

Gatekeeper

@Trigona: Yeah, Cersei's also pretty selfish on top of all that as well. She's mad at Tyrion for doing basically what she's doing to Sansa, except Tyrion/the Dornish would take much better care of Myrcella than she's taking care of Sansa.

I love what they've done to Margaery, I never really understood why in the books Cersei was so paranoid/angry over her (other than the prophecy) or how she was Olenna's prodigy. We don't really see her doing anything but be a pretty princess xD.
Still don't like Natalie Dormer though. sweatdrop

@Cassie: I forgot Lost because I couldn't make it past the first season xD. I never really got into it like a lot of people. It did do well for taking a step into the unknown though :3.

@Renee: or maybe that captcha was trying to tell us all something or it had just rage-quit after reading Dance with Dragons. dramallama

Alsooooooooooo, WiC.net has reported that season 3 casting had begun! They're saying that Shireen is currently being cast! I think people were sad she was excluded, so there still might be hope for her. I also hope this means we get Patchface <3. I know, I know, oh, oh, oh.

There is also a rumour that Daario is being auditioned for.
Star of the South

Alsooooooooooo, WiC.net has reported that season 3 casting had begun! They're saying that is currently being cast! I think people were sad she was excluded, so there still might be hope for her. I also hope this means we get color] <3. I know, I know, oh, oh, oh.

There is also a rumour that is being auditioned for.

Oh yay, I hope so!!! *excited*

High-functioning Hellraiser

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
Okay, I know posting this picture is a major spoiler (kinda, depending...) for A Storm of Swords/season three but the moment I saw it, part of me became excitedly happy.

I don't ship it, I'm just overjoyed because it became one of the most badass, selfless friendships ever in the series. I can't wait to see it on my television.

User Image
Nobody loves me.

I wish Jaquen could get more screen time with Arya. *Likes the idea of Arya x Jaquen Arya x Gendry
emo
Cassie Eats Cockroaches
Don't forget, Lost broke some major ground for shows like Heroes, The Wire and GoT. It was truly a new way of storytelling, how they built whole series arcs by revealing pieces through individual character revelations. That will always be one of my all-time favorite shows.

Anywho, like the slow, lazy b***h that I am, I finally got around to watching the new episode... Dude, I don't think there was a moment I didn't love. Brienne. God, she rocked my world in every scene. Jaqen. He is just as magnificent as he is in the books. Dolorous Edd. Oh, my. His little lines between Sam's talking had me rolling in my seat.

And, as always, Tyrion and Bronn. I loved everything about this episode. Everything, I say!

I think you're forgetting that The Wire was before LOST.

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Eveille

Except the difference between Cersei and all the other women in these sexist times is that she's the Queen. She rules the whole Seven Kingdoms and what does she do? She pouts and she schemes. I would understand it if she decided to make everyone else's lives hell. If she threw Tyrion off a tower for sending Myrcella away. But now, she gets sad and drunk. She's wanted power her whole life, and with Robert dead, she has more power than she's ever had before but she has no clue what to do with it! She's so frustrating. She has potential. If she didn't act like a teenage princess all the time, she'd be great. But she's just so... ugh.

Ferocious Browser

Trigona
Eveille

Except the difference between Cersei and all the other women in these sexist times is that she's the Queen. She rules the whole Seven Kingdoms and what does she do? She pouts and she schemes. I would understand it if she decided to make everyone else's lives hell. If she threw Tyrion off a tower for sending Myrcella away. But now, she gets sad and drunk. She's wanted power her whole life, and with Robert dead, she has more power than she's ever had before but she has no clue what to do with it! She's so frustrating. She has potential. If she didn't act like a teenage princess all the time, she'd be great. But she's just so... ugh.

Of course she doesn't know what to do with it. She's not a man and because of that she never got to attend her father's meetings with his little lords or be an active part of the small council meetings. She's like Sansa and Arya in that sense, Ned didn't invite them to meetings either. You hear endlessly from Catelyn about how Ned trained Robb to do this and do that and not a peep about their daughters being afforded the same opportunity. No female was afforded that training time.

She's always wanted it, but she knows ******** all what to do with it and that's why.

I don't know, I just can't see myself behaving very differently from her. She was sold, she hates the way women are treated, she sees it happening to her daughter (after probably vowing to herself that her daughter would have a better life than she had) and it's just...sad. It's a sad life. She has no training or experience and yet she tries to scheme with the best of them because she thinks she can.

Catelyn is the same way. Nearly all her decisions and advice has been horrible. Absolutely horrible with minor exceptions here and there. Dany? Same thing, though I think that's more to do with that she had no training cause she had no family instead of no training cause she's a girl. Brienne is sort of the same as Sansa, trusting and full of songs and honor whether she realizes it or not, but at least she can fight. They are all just supposed to trust the men to make favorable decisions for them. Tis very sad @_@

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Star of the South

I honestly think something is mentally wrong with Cersei. A lot of hypocritical people at least realize it, but she has no idea. And on top of that, I don't even understand why she's tormenting Sansa anyway. It's not like she poses any danger to Cersei. She can't run away and she has nothing to expose. Yeah, her brother is King in the North, but that happened after Sansa was in King's Landing. Again, Cersei acts like a teenage girl, bullying a defenseless girl just because she can.

Margarey's actress looks like a ferret >.>

Shameless Nerd

xD Wow, Cassie, that was a big spoiler... wtf. *has not read that far yet*

Anyway! After reading what everyone's saying, I agree with Eveille about Cersei, she lives in a very frustrating world for a woman with ambition. She's desperate to assert herself and to have that power to do things the way she wants them, but the fact she's so desperate and stubborn tends to make her judgement flawed. Then she also has Joffrey undermining her as well, her own son is another man that has more power than her, and even worse judgement. I feel some pity for Cersei despite her many many flaws, and find her to be understandable, even if not necessarily likable.

Now, a comment on the episode, I am so loving Arya. Her scene with Tywin was so wonderful to watch. As was shirtless Gendry later on... You can't tell me no one else enjoyed that! redface I also enjoy seeing Arya being less broken at this point than in the book, seeing her go against Tywin is something unexpected yet awesome, keeps two very intriguing characters on screen and giving us greatness.

Though one diffrence I'm not sure about... I'm not sure how I feel about the Tickler being one of the deaths chosen, since I ended up being spoiled about her killing him in the books. It sounded like it was a very powerful moment, so that disappoints me. It will be interesting to see who else she picks though, and if there's reasoning that she doesn't pick Tywin. Unless the show completely blows my mind and has Tywin die after all.

As for Renly's death, I liked the way it was so sudden. I'd rather feel the shock that Catelyn and Brienne felt at Renly's sudden murder rather than ending up annoyed at no one noticing or fleeing from a shadow person drifting around the room. It's no wonder they didn't act when they're still in the process of thinking, what the ******** is this...? I know I'd be too busy staring for the first few seconds to try and save Renly from the shadow. But wow, seriously cruel to have that hopeful moment of Renly and the North teaming up, then just killing him.

On a side note, after pausing to look at the shadow baby/person/assassin more carefully, I think I did see a Stannis-like appearance to it.

Shameless Nerd

Trigona
Star of the South

I honestly think something is mentally wrong with Cersei. A lot of hypocritical people at least realize it, but she has no idea. And on top of that, I don't even understand why she's tormenting Sansa anyway. It's not like she poses any danger to Cersei. She can't run away and she has nothing to expose. Yeah, her brother is King in the North, but that happened after Sansa was in King's Landing. Again, Cersei acts like a teenage girl, bullying a defenseless girl just because she can.

Margarey's actress looks like a ferret >.>

When it comes to Sansa, Cersei's never really cared for her or the Stark family, so it's not that shocking, and it's yet another choice Robert made without her wanting it. Plus with the way Joffrey treats her, it kinda doesn't seem quite as bad to have Cersei give a few cruel comments, though I do agree Sansa definitely doesn't deserve it. Alas though, Sansa is their hostage, and Cersei's biggest hope to get Jaime back. Seeing how Jaime's looking, it's lucky Cersei doesn't really know or I think she'd be treating her worse. sad

Edit: Oh, and I think Margaery's actress is cute, so, different opinions! xp

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Eveille
Trigona
Eveille

Of course she doesn't know what to do with it. She's not a man and because of that she never got to attend her father's meetings with his little lords or be an active part of the small council meetings. She's like Sansa and Arya in that sense, Ned didn't invite them to meetings either. You hear endlessly from Catelyn about how Ned trained Robb to do this and do that and not a peep about their daughters being afforded the same opportunity. No female was afforded that training time.

She's always wanted it, but she knows ******** all what to do with it and that's why.

I don't know, I just can't see myself behaving very differently from her. She was sold, she hates the way women are treated, she sees it happening to her daughter (after probably vowing to herself that her daughter would have a better life than she had) and it's just...sad. It's a sad life. She has no training or experience and yet she tries to scheme with the best of them because she thinks she can.

Catelyn is the same way. Nearly all her decisions and advice has been horrible. Absolutely horrible with minor exceptions here and there. Dany? Same thing, though I think that's more to do with that she had no training cause she had no family instead of no training cause she's a girl. Brienne is sort of the same as Sansa, trusting and full of songs and honor whether she realizes it or not, but at least she can fight. They are all just supposed to trust the men to make favorable decisions for them. Tis very sad @_@

But she's always wanted the same powers men have, so I imagine she has dreamed of having absolute power. She's known she was going to be a queen since she was a little girl. At the time, it probably didn't occur to her how much power she would have, but she knows now. Even if she wasn't taught how to use it, she could've still dreamed about her. Cersei should be acting on her dreams of power instead of leaving everything to Joffrey and holing herself up in a tower with Lancel. Her fantasies might lead to the collapse of everything, but it would still be better than doing nothing like she is now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff