Thieving Exhibitionist

16,515 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Overstocked 200
Vornwrath
Star of the South
Welcome to the thread, everyone~!

I probably got one of the most rage-induced texts from a friend that hasn't read the books yet and I knew the exact moment (spoilers just in case) Ned died without even watching at the time. It was hilarious. I can't wait to see the non-book readers outcry.

One of the reasons I love the books is that GRRM isn't afraid to kill characters off. I just hope non-reader viewers don't rage face all over it and stay around gonk .

I was going to wait until tomorrow to watch the new episode but I'm a weak person and watching now brb.

edit: Oh my god. Amazing episode. The only massive disappointments I have were the fact that neither battle were shown. Sooooooo disappointing. I was hoping they would at least show something. Robb all of a sudden going, "Victory! Look, we have the Kingslayer!" was just ughhhh~. Alright, you caught me, I just want more Jamie. Deal with it. They also robbed Tyrion of his first proper battle by knocking him out, which kind of takes a huge moment away from the character.
I love the guy they got for Walder Frey. He's pretty perfect for the role, although I'm disappointed in the lack of "heh"'s in his speech (that's him that does that right?).
Richard Madden is still fabulous, these last two episodes have been phenomenal from him.
Unpopular opinion: I do love Theon. I really do.
Tywin/Tyrion exchanges are still spot on. Bronn/Tyrion are still quite possibly the best things in season 1; "Stay low". Shae, surprisingly, didn't make me rage the moment she appeared. She's a lot less boring/painful when acted out instead of having to force myself to read about her. Finally the Tysha story too. The Tyrion battle speech to the Clans was phenomenal as well.

I forgot how whiny Jon Snow was /: I'm glad everyone around Jon is at least decent because I can't with him and Kit's acting is a little sub-par.
I've discovered I also really like Jorah, so that's something else in Dany's story I like woo
!

Can't believe there's only one episode left.
To be fair, I'd re-watch episode 9 right now but it's almost 1am.
Their rage should be directed at Joffery. Little p***k. I only grew to hate him even more after this happened in the book.

I concur. I nearly couldn't breathe at the end when Joffery said he was going to go against what was wished for his punishment. I really can't wait for him to suffer.

Eloquent Elder

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Euphoric Ghost
Hey Nerevar

I think I'll buy the books once I get my kindle which will be in a month or so

As for the newest episode, I totally had the same Filch Reaction, but the episode seemed predictable

yet still awesome, I felt it in my gut that the things that were going to happen will happen, but I wish that it didn't!

Every angle in the story is so awesome.

Sup Ghost are you stalking me? It seems we are always in the same threads outside the clan lol.

Why do seasons only last 10 episodes on Starz and HBO? I want more of the goodies! I mean I went though the same thing with Spartacus when Blood and Sand ended with Kill Them All, which I couldn't help by simile at when Lady Stark said the same thing in the preview for the next episode.

Gatekeeper

@Cassie: I knew it was coming too, but that didn't stop my hands bolting to my face and denying it all. Joffrey is such a little s**t of a character, my hate only grows and grows. I did love that scene visually though. The fact even Cersei started freaking out at his decision says a whole lot about the amount of s**t that starts happening all thanks to Joffrey.
And Arya's face, oh my god gonk

Every Tyrion scene was incredible. Incredible. Even with the slightly altered Tysha story, it's still really good as a background story for the character.
I'm hoping whatever budget they saved on not doing either of the battles all gets pooled into the Battle of the Blackwater. I refuse to let them not do an amazing job on that one.

Hoping that the dragons are awesome too. They were another one of the aspects of Dany's story I never really liked although I accepted them as they are clearly one of GRRM's plot devices.

@Twisted Misery: I see what you mean about it being weird. You spend the whole time acknowledging Ned as the main character, and he doesn't even last the whole season. I really hope it doesn't deter people though. His death pretty much had to happen so the story could get to where it is now. It only gets better and better from here on out.

@Vornwrath: yeah xD. Most people are rage facing at Joffrey and he deserves it. Book spoilers: and he even gets worse.

Episode 10 preview: I THINK THEY MIGHT HAVE MOVED UP CATELYN/JAMIE'S CAPTIVE SCENE FROM THE END OF CLASH TO THIS EPISODE? OH. MY. GOD. YES PLEASE. I also hope this means they move up Jamie's (and Brienne's) storyline from Storm into the Clash season so I don't have to die from lack of Jamie like I did in the book. It also looks like they added Ned death reaction scenes for Catelyn and Robb which is probably going to kill me too.
Both so excited and dreading it.
A Drivers High
God, with each passing episode, my hate for Sanza and Joffrey grows stronger and stronger. I can not remember the last time I had the hatred of this kind form from a fictional character.

I subscribe to what you said.
Joffrey is evil. Most of the characters are in the gray zone and are more complex, but he's not. He's like satan reborn; a complete sociopath.
Twisted_Misery
I haven't read the books, so I didn't see Ned's death coming.
He was my favorite character and I'm so depressed now.
I don't see how the show can go on without him and not feel weird.

Exactly how I feel. He was the face of the show, I saw him on all the billboards, magazine promo's, posters, and I saw him as the main character. I'm not just depressed but pissed off too =/. I thought, it couldn't be, but apparently all the book readers knew his death was coming so I guess he's done. It's an amazing show but I mainly watched the show for Sean Bean, now that he's gone..eeeh..I'll finish the season but not sure if I'll come back without him.

Kawaii Cub

Nerevar Telvanni

FIRST! lol. But we're just awesome.

I kind of like the Starz/HBO format of things. They pack more awesomeness into a season.
I'd say they're following the formula of good anime; the best ones tend to have an ending.
But I think, it's just good story writing. The shorter it is, the more things progress, and things aren't dragged out forever.

I'm going to be so sad.

Does anyone know when the next season will come out?

Eloquent Elder

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
A Drivers High
God, with each passing episode, my hate for Sanza and Joffrey grows stronger and stronger. I can not remember the last time I had the hatred of this kind form from a fictional character.

So far Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter holds the top slot in most hated fictional character that I have. But Joffery and Sanza are slowly climbing to the top with each passing week.

Euphoric Ghost

Well fine you bet me here lol...that's right we are just that awesome.

The series was picked up for a second season on April 19, 2011, two days after its premiere

"There's no word on when the show will start production on a second season, but it may have to be soon if the show wants to return in a timely manner. Due to the show's epic scope, the 10-episode first season took seven months to film." Got that from here so if that is reliable its going to be at least another seven months. So sometime after October?

Kawaii Cub

Nerevar Telvanni

lol @ most hated fictional character. I never had one... usually, I adore those I hate, 'cause if I hate'em so much, they're a good character.

7 months! neutral Hopefully. But I mean, they could take longer
if it's going to be as awesome or more awesome than this season.

Gatekeeper

I think filming for the second season starts end of July. They've only just started casting calls for new characters. GRRM just recently posted on his LJ that a couple of deals have been sent to HBO for confirmation. He had hoped they were official/went through before he left for Poland on vacation/book tour/whatever but they never did. Hopefully within the next few weeks we get our first casting info.

I think it will be closer to a year before season 2 gonk

You all should have guessed Ned was going to get it. He was played by Sean Bean. When does Sean Bean ever not die in things?
Not including Sharpe, it's an exception.
Lunar Kissed
Staceyness
Lunar Kissed
Staceyness
I never heard of the book before and I saw this show a few weeks ago i'm completely hooked I had to watch the older episodes. Such a good show and really interesting characters, totally keeps me on the edge of my seat. I'm also surprised how much naked people they show, like that random naked fat guy on the last episode burning_eyes wtf?!

...Also a few of you writing on this thread are A-HOLES seriously, you're not putting a SPOILER ALERT when you mention something is going to happen from the books. Please put an spoiler alert if you do that like everyone else is doing. Don't ruin the show for those of us who haven't read the book.

It's a pity that they never show nudity you would want to see.

Totally, just because its nudity, doesn't mean its all the same. Some nudity your better of not seeing eek

They always show beautiful women nude, how bout more hot guys, y'know.

Yeah, we could have seen Ned Stark shedding some of those clothes. whee

3nodding
Well they did show Kal Drogo's cute butt in one of the early episodes, at least they threw us female viewers a bone. More of that and less random fat naked guys.

...Ohh but I still can't believe they killed Ned Stark off crying he was one of my favorite characters in the show. I'm kinda deppresed about it. This is the first time I've seen a show where they killed off one of the main people.

Eloquent Elder

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Star of the South
You all should have guessed Ned was going to get it. He was played by Sean Bean. When does Sean Bean ever not die in things?

Guess you have a point there. Sean is never safe no matter where he's cast; TV, Movies, Video Games. At least he didn't die in National Treasure, although he did end up in prison for a VERY LONG TIME.

6,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
Nerevar Telvanni
Star of the South

Guess you have a point there. Sean is never safe no matter where he's cast; TV, Movies, Video Games. At least he didn't die in National Treasure, although he did end up in prison for a VERY LONG TIME.

But I heard he has a good head on his shoulders.
Creator Flynn
Twisted_Misery
I haven't read the books, so I didn't see Ned's death coming.
He was my favorite character and I'm so depressed now.
I don't see how the show can go on without him and not feel weird.

Exactly how I feel. He was the face of the show, I saw him on all the billboards, magazine promo's, posters, and I saw him as the main character. I'm not just depressed but pissed off too =/. I thought, it couldn't be, but apparently all the book readers knew his death was coming so I guess he's done. It's an amazing show but I mainly watched the show for Sean Bean, now that he's gone..eeeh..I'll finish the season but not sure if I'll come back without him.

Exactly.
There are tons of characters, but he felt like the really only main character.
It felt like the entire show revolved around him in one way or another.
I'm pissed too.
Yeah I've been reading articles and this author isn't afraid to kill any and all of his characters.
That worries me and now I'm afraid of becoming too interested in any of the others.
My dad still felt numb 4 hours after the episode and said he wasn't sure he'd keep watching.
I can't even really get excited for the finale because imagining the show without Sean just doesn't feel right.

High-functioning Hellraiser

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
I really hate to say it, considering how much of a psycho it makes me.... But since finding out about the show being adapted, all I wanted to see was how they do Ned's head all tarred up, when Joffrey takes Sansa up to the top of the Red Keep and shows her all the heads that are tarred and put up on spikes. That's really the moment you see how ******** in the head Joffrey really is... God, I can't wait!

Gatekeeper

A Drivers High
Nerevar Telvanni
Star of the South

But I heard he has a good head on his shoulders.

I....I love you.

@Cassie: I so can't wait for that either~! It's gunna be good, I can feel it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff