Welcome to Gaia! ::

Watching games of thrones atm, and I've finished all 3 spartacus, looking for a new show with swords and violence and stuff sweatdrop preferable more modern than oldie.

Alien Cosmonaut

It's definitely not modern, but I have a feeling you might like Zatoichi. It's just a long shot though, since you're not looking for retro stuff and it's originally from the 1960s. The sword fights are really interesting though, especially given that the main character is a blind swordsman.

There were 26 movies from the 1960s to the 1980s, and a 100 episode TV series spanning from about 1972 to 1974. Definitely a lot to work with.

Blessed Fairy

I suggest that you check out the history channel's Vikings. It's kinda trying to be Game of thrones but the story is a bit more friendly to the people that are the "good guys". However I have to admit that Loki, as screw up as he is, tends to be my favorite.

Dangerous Fairy

Merlins got magic and swords lol
I watch a lot of Korean Drama Historical show about sword fight & martial arts. Jumong is my favorite KD show.

Magnetic Phantom

How about The Musketeers?
And that fairly recent Robin Hood series from the UK.
And maybe Reign?

I haven't watched any of them myself, but they do seem rather promising in the swords department.
There's "The Quest" coming July 31. Never seen previews yet, but supposedly it's got swords, magic, and that blend of medieval and modern. I believe the producers or some such persons of Lord of the Rings are also writing this show. You can search it on www.abc.com.
I tell anyone and everyone they need to watch the walking dead. It has a girl who kills zombies with huge sword lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff